9 replies to this topic

#1 Scott_of_melnsct

Scott_of_melnsct

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 10:50 AM

I'm working on a Thanksgiving kite festival in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Is there some kind of educational opportunity (kite related of course) that you would like made available? For example: team flying, complete beginner flying, indoor flying, precision for competition, skill refinement
Scott A Koenig
Founding member: Tennessee Wind Militia
"We muster to fly at a moment's notice"

#2 quaa714

quaa714

REVular poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 10:58 AM

How bout shot car flying????????

"Cya in the Sand!....."

"Slack lines are fine lines!"

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" BD
"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain" BM
av-1950.jpg

#3 Scott_of_melnsct

Scott_of_melnsct

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 11:13 AM

How bout shot car flying????????

excellent LOL...I'll be beta-testing that workshop at WW for those interested.

Any ideas more directly related to kites?
Scott A Koenig
Founding member: Tennessee Wind Militia
"We muster to fly at a moment's notice"

#4 Scott A.

Scott A.

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 11:54 AM

Scott,
Any questions regarding any of the above, I will offer my experience, I will only do so If asked. I do not just speak up in this forum format, However, If anyone has any questions I will answer them to best of my ability, in the proper setting.
To Prequalify myself, for those of you who do not know me. I competed for years in dual/Quad, Team acroos the country, I have been the chief judge of a few East coast events over the years, I have run a Novice grassroots clinic on the basics of competition, stepping in between the filed boundaries for a number of years up here in the Northeast. I've also being hired as a performer with REV's flown in the most challenging of conditions indoors and OUT. I flew Quad team in demonstration at many festivals in the east over ten years ago. With Team Air Advantage. I flew for years as a member of Dual line competition team.

I'm currently a REV distributor so If anyone needs any thing REV, I can get it to you with all the expertise of an AVID OBSESSED REV flyer/representative.

So If anyone has specific questions fell free to PM or email me and I will do my best to help inform/encourage or otherwise just talk shop. This is an open invitation. One phase of my life is having a pretty solid background on most things sportkite related. What I don't know I will tell you,I don't know, and try to point you in the direction of someone who might know. If it's my opinion That will also be known, I have spent to much time in my life on these issues so sharing with someone who wants to know, I willing. I'm sure there are folks who know this already. but for what it's worth, I'll do what I can to spread this kite thing! It's been a big part of my life.

Shot Car stuff, I don't know, ask Paul Dugard and Alden they seem to have a handle on that!
Scott Weider
Team REV RIDERS

#5 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Bazzer P Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 12:34 PM

Scott,
Any questions regarding any of the above, I will offer my experience, I will only do so If asked. I do not just speak up in this forum format, However, If anyone has any questions I will answer them to best of my ability, in the proper setting.
To Prequalify myself, for those of you who do not know me. I competed for years in dual/Quad, Team acroos the country, I have been the chief judge of a few East coast events over the years, I have run a Novice grassroots clinic on the basics of competition, stepping in between the filed boundaries for a number of years up here in the Northeast. I've also being hired as a performer with REV's flown in the most challenging of conditions indoors and OUT. I flew Quad team in demonstration at many festivals in the east over ten years ago. With Team Air Advantage. I flew for years as a member of Dual line competition team.

I'm currently a REV distributor so If anyone needs any thing REV, I can get it to you with all the expertise of an AVID OBSESSED REV flyer/representative.

So If anyone has specific questions fell free to PM or email me and I will do my best to help inform/encourage or otherwise just talk shop. This is an open invitation. One phase of my life is having a pretty solid background on most things sportkite related. What I don't know I will tell you,I don't know, and try to point you in the direction of someone who might know. If it's my opinion That will also be known, I have spent to much time in my life on these issues so sharing with someone who wants to know, I willing. I'm sure there are folks who know this already. but for what it's worth, I'll do what I can to spread this kite thing! It's been a big part of my life.

Shot Car stuff, I don't know, ask Paul Dugard and Alden they seem to have a handle on that!

Actually, I am a newbie at shot cars. Just had my first one at TI. Now as to Paul D., Bazzer, Steve, John, etc...

-Alden
"Don't go in there!" RC

#6 quaa714

quaa714

REVular poster

• Forum Member
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 01:25 PM

But that is directly related to kites......for SOME people!!!!!!!!!!!

"Cya in the Sand!....."

"Slack lines are fine lines!"

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" BD
"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain" BM
av-1950.jpg

#7 bobw

bobw

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 03:55 PM

Ok. I'll ask. What the heck is a "shot car"?

#8 Jeff

Jeff

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 04:49 PM

Ok. I'll ask. What the heck is a "shot car"?

A car with a shot on it.. like this:

Posted Image

:D
CYuLf.jpg 0LPEo.png and ybuXm.png

#9 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:31 PM

yup.. that about sums that up
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#10 Love2fly

Love2fly

All Revved up... where do you want to fly?

• Forum Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:55 PM

A car with a shot on it.. like this:

Posted Image

:D

I'll drink to that!!!
Wildwood, here we come!
Laura

*** Any day flying is a good day; have a great one! 
**** REVS: Fly it, you'll like it!
***** L.S.P. ... It's worth the trip!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users