7 replies to this topic

#1 Kite Krusader

Kite Krusader

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:13 PM

It is time for the "Airwaves" Kite Fest.

The Otto M. Budig Family Foundation Kite Fest (aka, Airwaves) will be held April 4 & 5 at VOA Park in West Chester, Ohio, just North of Cincinnati, from Noon to 5:00 both days. The event is being sponsored by The Otto M. Budig Family Foundation, The Marge & Charles J. Schott Foundation, WGUC 90.9, West Chester Township, P.I.G.S. Aloft & Metroparks of Butler County. You are invited!

Note: AKA members should arrive by 11:00 to park at the VOA facility next to the flying areas along kiters row. The parking pass attached to this will get you into this special parking. Please display this pass in your vehicle. Also, no vehicles will be permitted to leave this area until after 5:00pm. After 11:00am there will be no vehicle access to the VOA faclity except for handicap parking. All public parking for the event will be will be off site.

AKA members are invited to a dinner on Saturday evening complements of P.I.G.S. Aloft. So, come early and stay for the dinner. Please RSVP to weflykites@cinci.rr.com by Wednesday, April 1, if you are planning to attend the complementary dinner.

A field is being reserved for kite clubs and AKA members. And there will be a hospitality tent for AKA members in this area. Be sure to register at the invited kiters hospitality tent when you arrive.

P.I.G.S. Aloft could use a few more AKA volunteers to serve an hour or so as a safety coordinator or teaching the public to fly dual line kites. So, if you are willing to assist please email weflykites@cinci.rr.com

Schedule of activities includes

Chicago Fire and 180 Go will again be featured on the performance fields.

Giant Show Kite Display

Open Fly Field

AKA Members/Kite Club Flying Field

Give It A Try Kite Lesson Field

Kite Demonstrations

Kids Kite Building

Running of the Bols

Animals from the Cincinnati Zoo

Kids Play Area (bouncers)

Food Vendors

Kite Display

Complementary Dinner for AKA Members - Saturday at 6:30pm

Directions North of Cincinnati just off of I75 at Exit 22 (Tylersville Road). Go East on Tylersville Road and the VOA Park will be on the Left. AKA members who arrive before 11:30am on Saturday or Sunday, should enter from the Tylersville Rd. entrance (in front of the VOA building) and park in back next to the flying fields on "kiters row". NOTE....This year all parking will be off site (except for vehicles with handicap "tags" and AKA members who arrive before 11:00).

Hotel Sponsor: tell them that you are participating in the kite fest.

LivINN Sharonville
11385 Chester Road
Sharonville, OH 45246
(513) 772-7877

For more information check http://www.wguc.org/kitefest/ or call Jerry McGuire (513-703-1088).

We hope to see you at in Cincinnati Ohio on April 4 & 5. P.I.G.S. Aloft (People Interested Geting Stuff Aloft)

It will be nice to see 180 Go at this festival again. :wub:

Attached Files

Your friendly neighborhood kite flyer.

Posted Image Posted Image

#2 Jeff

Jeff

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:43 PM

Should be fun. This will be my first time out there.
CYuLf.jpg 0LPEo.png and ybuXm.png

#3 Mike

Mike

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:47 PM

This has always been a very good festival and the P.I.G.S. Aloft people are outstanding hosts.
I'm really looking forward to being there again.
Mike Kory:
Posted Image and Posted Image

#4 cadguy

cadguy

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:13 PM

here's the layout of the kite fest. Airwaves2009RevB.jpg
the wind came from the south-east last year.
I'll be helping both days at the learn to fly/demos area. Stop by and say, "Hey, cadguy, go fly a kite!"

Mike Kory & 180GO, would like to get some team practice if possible. Made a set of 120's last fall and need to shake the dust off of them.

David
"Dayton" David Kovacs

ike_member.png and 180or.png

PIGS aloft

#5 Jeff

Jeff

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:07 AM

I'll be helping both days at the learn to fly/demos area. Stop by and say, "Hey, cadguy, go fly a kite!"

Mike Kory & 180GO, would like to get some team practice if possible. Made a set of 120's last fall and need to shake the dust off of them.

David

Look forward to seeing you out there, David...You need an IKE shirt so we can find you more easily.

:blue-grin:
CYuLf.jpg 0LPEo.png and ybuXm.png

#6 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:08 AM

Would someone be willing to send me a report and photos from this event?

We get precious little from that part of the country for Kitelife, would like to get it in this year. ;)

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

President - American Kitefliers Association

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#7 Kite Krusader

Kite Krusader

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:24 AM

Look forward to seeing you out there, David...You need an IKE shirt so we can find you more easily.

Mike, I will also be flying in the AKA field with a special Revolution. I just bought to fly at the festival

If you want to bring some extra IKE shirts along with you, I would be more than happy to wear one.

I'm an XXL, and I think David is a L or XL

I wont be able to to any team flying for a lack of skills, and I don't own a set of 120' lines YET

Cant wait to see 180 GO there, had much fun watching last festival.
Your friendly neighborhood kite flyer.

Posted Image Posted Image

#8 Mike

Mike

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 05:19 PM

David

You bet, just pop over and introduce yourself. If you're busy during the festival, we can play before the fest starts on Sunday.
Mike Kory:
Posted Image and Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users