#1 sammy

sammy

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 07:08 AM

Hey guys

I wanna improve my ballet routine so i would like tips on stuff i can do. Vids are good and those kind of stuff. Do you write down the routine or Do you just fly it and say that is good.
Does anyone wing it? Like they get to the comp and just say i got the music and lets see what happens.
RABBI שמואל aka SAMMY

TEAM REV RIDERS! LETS RIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

#2 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 08:24 AM

I've been trying for years to come up with a ballet to fly either as a demo or in a comp. Unless you have a really good memory I'd write it down or take video to study and memorize later. Picking key spots in the music as turning points is a good idea too.

I would start flying my ballet and because of different conditions and degree of difficulties I'd forget what came next trying to figure out how to fix what wasn't going to work on the fly.

Now that all I fly is my Revs, I have spent time setting up my "needs work list." These are the things I want to work to improve on. By flying the same thing over and over you learn what you want to learn and as you add to it along the way your ballet gets longer.
The better you get at one thing you practice you could rearrange the order of your list and work on how to flow from one form to the next in a fluid way.

My favorite way to start my flying day is to start of with the kite LE down on the ground. (Either way doesn't matter as it's good to learn to fly a form in both directions.)But I start with an axle takeoff, immediatly into a bicycle turn in place directly into a Reverse Octogon. When back to the start I'll bicycle turn as a set up to fly the form in the oppisit way, but maybe I'll work on in place bicycle turns in the middle of the flats of the octogon.

Didn't help ya at all I'm sure. But I got some practice typing and thinking this early in the morning. :blushing:

Dean

#3 quaa714

quaa714

REVular poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 12:38 PM

Hey guys

I wanna improve my ballet routine so i would like tips on stuff i can do. Vids are good and those kind of stuff. Do you write down the routine or Do you just fly it and say that is good.
Does anyone wing it? Like they get to the comp and just say i got the music and lets see what happens.

Sammy in a tu - tu???????????? Hahahahahaha

oh.........not that kind of ballet!!!!!!!!!!! :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

"Cya in the Sand!....."

"Slack lines are fine lines!"

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" BD
"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain" BM
av-1950.jpg

#4 sammy

sammy

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:36 PM

wow that was funny! What will i do without your comments. I WANNA MAKE IT CLEAR THAT RICH IS A FUNNY MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

btw when your ready to learn how to fly just text me brada! ha
RABBI שמואל aka SAMMY

#5 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 06:44 PM

oh.........not that kind of ballet!!!!!!!!!!! :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

I guess if you stand still while you fly it wouldn't be. ;)

Dean

#6 Love2fly

Love2fly

All Revved up... where do you want to fly?

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 06:47 PM

Posted Image
Laura

*** Any day flying is a good day; have a great one! 
**** REVS: Fly it, you'll like it!
***** L.S.P. ... It's worth the trip!

Posted Image

#7 bobw

bobw

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 07:07 PM

LOL. Plie, releve. En pointe!

Ahh, I wanna see Sammy do his routine...

#8 sammy

sammy

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 07:20 PM

LETS ALL BUST ON SAMMY! GIVE IT ALL YOU GOT AND GET IT OUT OF YOUR SYSTEM!~
RABBI שמואל aka SAMMY

#9 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 08:43 PM

:g: hmmmmmm, a Rabbi in a Tu Tu, flying a Rev ballet...... :ani_punk:
I'm sure in reality that wouldn't get a giggle or five. :doh:
Hands down it would be worthy of a :cup_1st: just for effort I'd suppose.

Wait, what am I typing....

:mf_seehearspeak:

Dean

#10 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,412 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:35 PM

Hey guys

Maybe I can help! I have flown demonstration a lot, competed a lot and judged competitions even more, primarily in Europe.

I would suggest that you design a ballet that fits with the music you want fly to. Now when it comes to music, you need to choose a piece that shows what is possible to fly to with the kite you are flying. You need a lot of variety in the music you choose not a constant boring beat. Generally I suggest is a piece that varies from slow to fast and calm and loud. With such a piece you can express better what you can do with your kite. I would suggest that you plot out every step of your ballet on paper, computer or what ever. Then learn to fly to what you have created. Of course you need to change and refine your routine as you go along.

The alternative is decide how and what routine you want to fly and then create the music to fit, mainly by exerts from an number music pieces. This technique was mastered by the multiple European Champions Guido Maiocchi(quadline) of Italy and Stefan Furter(dualline) of Switzerland.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users