B Series SLE or Blast

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 johnesso

johnesso
  • Forum Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 07:30 AM

I've just sold a few kites and plan on channeling the money back into another. One that I had sold was a SLE Vented. I'ce also had an SLE Standard - since sold. My choice comes down to either a Vented or Standard B Series - or what has taken my fancy lately, a Rev Blast. With the announcement of the 2009 Blast - apart the leading edge spar and sail colour - what are the other differences from the superceded model. Is the sail pattern and material still the same etc. I only ask as there are a few reasonable deals going on for the "older" Blast. Does it pay to wait or the new on or are the changes that small it doesn't make that much difference

#2 cerfvoliste

cerfvoliste

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:16 AM

B Serries Mid-Vent with Race and 3 Wrap Rods, would be my choice...
As long as your asking...
Rx
Posted Image
Remember:
No Mater Where You Go, There You Are

#3 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:17 AM

I've just sold a few kites and plan on channeling the money back into another. One that I had sold was a SLE Vented. I'ce also had an SLE Standard - since sold. My choice comes down to either a Vented or Standard B Series - or what has taken my fancy lately, a Rev Blast. With the announcement of the 2009 Blast - apart the leading edge spar and sail colour - what are the other differences from the superceded model. Is the sail pattern and material still the same etc. I only ask as there are a few reasonable deals going on for the "older" Blast. Does it pay to wait or the new on or are the changes that small it doesn't make that much difference

Personally its hard to imagine not seeing a Vented B in any Rev flyers bag ..... but if course it depends on where you fly and why you sold the SLE's??

I expect the new blast is pretty similar to the old one except for the inclusion of an additional 1/4" leading edge which as far as I know no one has yet commented on how it performs??? I'm definitely going to get one for what its worth!

The other consideration is how and who you fly with ..... I fly my Blast/speed series kites when I'm on my own and the 1.5's when there are others to play team with ....

long story short .... buy both!

#4 RAWVEEDA

RAWVEEDA

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:46 AM

I second the buy both motion. B)
If you fly with others then buy the B.

If you mainly fly alone and have winds under 15mph
Then buy the Blast. That kite is alot of fun. I do recommend trying the Blast before you buy if you can.
It does fly much differently then the SLE (all forms)

I am waiting to hear more feedback about the 1/4 inch leading edge though.
Posted Image

#5 MrDenny

MrDenny

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:05 AM

I am deciding now on a mid vent. I was thinking race rods. Why would you get 3 wrap and race rods?

Denny #12

.. .

Posted Image

#6 kairusan

kairusan

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:20 AM

I am deciding now on a mid vent. I was thinking race rods. Why would you get 3 wrap and race rods?

Lack of faith in the Power of the Race Rods? Personally, I use them all the time in full vents up to the high teens, and then switch to 4-Wrap past that. But some people seem to like to switch to 3-Wrap in their venteds in anything past 10mph winds, almost as if the Race Rods and 2-Wrap were one in the same. Blasphemy, or genius? You decide.
kairusan

#7 jsking

jsking

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:49 AM

Guess it's not as keen an issue with a vented, but weight is an issue depending on what kite you're flying, what you're doing, and what the conditions are. Sometimes you'd want the heavier frameset to give the kite a little more mass and momentum...sometimes not. imho.
Jeff
Wings Over Washington
http://www.flickr.co...44623@N00/sets/

--------------------
Revus Regnum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users