12 replies to this topic

#1 Simon

Simon

Rev Legend

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:40 PM

Iím looking to get some new radios to listen to music and broadcast to other team members (two way radios) does anyone have any suggestions ?

Or how do you get the music to your pair team etc?

I would like a 3.5mm socket for headphones as a preference but not essential.

I would also like an input for music from an MP3 player.

Many Thanks Simon.

The Flying Squad

Posted Image

#2 stevepigeon

stevepigeon

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:04 PM

Simon

I use the Bosch Construction Radio. It has a remote and it's loud enough for a 4 person team to pratice with.. no problem. I can play my Ipod through it. I'd never tried MP3's..

Sherri
Steve & Sherri

#3 Jim Foster

Jim Foster

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:44 PM

Lynn and I use JLC wireless headsets, model JCL-0767. Each headset comes with a small transmitter. The transmitters are all on the same frequency (85.5MHz) therefore only one transmitter us needed for as many headsets as you wish. We connect our mp3 player headphone output (3.5mm) to the transmitter input (3.5mm) with a cable. The transmitter is about the same size as our mp3 player. All fits into a jacket pocket.

About connecting a microphone to this set-up, I haven't tried that, as we stand close enough that Lynn can hear my directions over the headphones.

The headphones also have an FM tuner built in.

These are not the highest quality headphones on the market. The sound quality is not what you would want for a steady diet, however, when we are flying together, what we are looking for is the music ques.

I bought these at a car show in Del Mar California last year from:

EJS Wholesale
P.O. Box 23227
Encinitas, CA 92023-2272

760 613 3777

At that time, the first set was $25, additional sets, including transmitters, were $20.
Fly together! Share the joy, Share the fun

#4 Simon

Simon

Rev Legend

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 12:30 AM

Lynn and I use JLC wireless headsets, model JCL-0767. Each headset comes with a small transmitter. The transmitters are all on the same frequency (85.5MHz) therefore only one transmitter us needed for as many headsets as you wish. We connect our mp3 player headphone output (3.5mm) to the transmitter input (3.5mm) with a cable. The transmitter is about the same size as our mp3 player. All fits into a jacket pocket.

About connecting a microphone to this set-up, I haven't tried that, as we stand close enough that Lynn can hear my directions over the headphones.

The headphones also have an FM tuner built in.

These are not the highest quality headphones on the market. The sound quality is not what you would want for a steady diet, however, when we are flying together, what we are looking for is the music ques.

I bought these at a car show in Del Mar California last year from:

EJS Wholesale
P.O. Box 23227
Encinitas, CA 92023-2272

760 613 3777

At that time, the first set was $25, additional sets, including transmitters, were $20.

Thanks Everyone,

Looks like we/I will be getting a set of i2i - they take an mp3 player and then transmit to any number of other i2i's in the area. Take normal headphones so can used noise cancelling to block out any other sound (Steve Matchett springs to mind - Private joke sorry :blushing: )

Will review and feedback when they arrive.

The Flying Squad

Posted Image

#5 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 03:49 AM

Thanks Everyone,

Looks like we/I will be getting a set of i2i - they take an mp3 player and then transmit to any number of other i2i's in the area. Take normal headphones so can used noise cancelling to block out any other sound (Steve Matchett springs to mind - Private joke sorry :blushing: )

Will review and feedback when they arrive.

Please let us know Simon what the result is.

The downside is Dave B only listens to ABBA & The Crankies

BRIAN...

#6 Stephen Hoath

Stephen Hoath

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 09:05 AM

BRIAN...

I didn't know they had done a duet. I'm gonna have to get that album!

Stephen Hoath

<a href="http://www.baidesign.net" rel="nofollow">Bai Design</a>

cappalatte-150x90.jpg

#7 Simon

Simon

Rev Legend

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 12:03 PM

I didn't know they had done a duet. I'm gonna have to get that album!

Stephen, I have the Drum N Bass remix if you need it, after all who can forget "I have a dream, Fan'dabi'dozi" or "Waterloo, Fan'dabi'dozi"
http://en.wikipedia....ki/The_Krankies

The Flying Squad

Posted Image

#8 dave b

dave b

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 01:22 PM

BRIAN...

To watch Brian flying to his favourites 'STAYIN ALIVE' & 'SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER' by the Bee Gees is quite a sight, especially when he starts dancing :mf_party:

Dave

#9 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:20 PM

Joe Dolcie,,,Haaa,Shut up a ya Face.

BRIAN... :)

#10 andelscott

andelscott

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 02:43 AM

Thanks Everyone,

Looks like we/I will be getting a set of i2i - they take an mp3 player and then transmit to any number of other i2i's in the area. Take normal headphones so can used noise cancelling to block out any other sound

Hi Simon

Good luck with this set up. The UK "licensed" version (i.e. license-exempt requirements) will have a CE mark and they can transmit something around 50 nanowatts. [Range of approx 8 metres / 26 feet.] US specification is slightly different (it will have a FCC mark), mostly in terms of the channels on offer, as the power levels are pretty similar. I've tried a similar unit and although the range - on paper - is adequate, coverage is a bit variable and clothes and metallic bits may make reception a bit 'noisy'. Most units are designed for use in-car - more like contact-less wiring, with close proximity of transmitter and receiver.
Andy

#11 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 04:47 AM

Hi Simon

Good luck with this set up. The UK "licensed" version (i.e. license-exempt requirements) will have a CE mark and they can transmit something around 50 nanowatts. [Range of approx 8 metres / 26 feet.] US specification is slightly different (it will have a FCC mark), mostly in terms of the channels on offer, as the power levels are pretty similar. I've tried a similar unit and although the range - on paper - is adequate, coverage is a bit variable and clothes and metallic bits may make reception a bit 'noisy'. Most units are designed for use in-car - more like contact-less wiring, with close proximity of transmitter and receiver.

Sorry,i cant resist.Ive read it a few times now.The bit about Cloths causeing Varible Coverage.Which ive no doubt is the case,,,,BUT

The Naked Flying Squad...... :devil: :P
Hezzzzz,,,,,, :wub:
Gary,,,,,,, :w00t:
Woody :blushing:

Sorry for the Jack guys.I realy couldnt help myself.

Best of luck Simon

#12 Simon

Simon

Rev Legend

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:16 AM

Sorry,i cant resist.Ive read it a few times now.The bit about Cloths causeing Varible Coverage.Which ive no doubt is the case,,,,BUT

The Naked Flying Squad...... :devil: :P
Hezzzzz,,,,,, :wub:
Gary,,,,,,, :w00t:
Woody :blushing:

Sorry for the Jack guys.I realy couldnt help myself.

Best of luck Simon

Hi Bri, well if you had heard the comments in my left ear at the weekend at which point I was no longer able to fly then that idea is obviously something the Team wants to work on.

:blushing: "Sexy" Simon - And I hope he meant my flying !!!!!!

The Flying Squad

Posted Image

#13 play365

play365

The Flying Squad

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:38 AM

Hi Bri, well if you had heard the comments in my left ear at the weekend at which point I was no longer able to fly then that idea is obviously something the Team wants to work on.

:blushing: "Sexy" Simon - And I hope he meant my flying !!!!!!

Glad I was on the right
GARY

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users