Traveling with Revolutions...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jawnee

Jawnee
  • Forum Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:30 PM

I just recently received my new Power Blast 2-4 and am anxious to let it rip.... I do a fair amount of traveling working in the airline business. I could probably get the REV through security as a crew member, but traveling on personal business, I suspect the TSA security people would raise their eyebrows. Does anyone have any feedback on traveling via airline and specifically through security? Since the Power Blast is that much bigger than my old Rev II, I decided to engineer a travel kit which I just finished. Even the baddest of airline rampies won't be able to harm this bad-boy.

It's 4" light PVC and cut to give me about 3 inches longer than the kite when slid in. It holds the handles, but not the lines (which I can bring with me onboard). I glued a PVC cap on one end and taped it up with yellow duct tape to help in locating if wanders off. I also drilled two holes for rope handles and importantly, a hole through the cap and the tube itself so I can install a small combination lock on it.... I'm taking it away next weekend and I was able to wrap up both the PB 2-4 and my Rev II with handles and all....it also has a small foam pad at either end... these kites are "bunker-ized"....

comments on travel?

Jawnee

Attached Thumbnails

• P2230001_2.jpg
  • P2230002_2.jpg

#2 sammy

sammy

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:34 PM

traveled alot with kites and tsa dont say aword to me . I place it in my Prism Z case and most the time if they askl me its just bc they want to know what it was.
10 out of 10 your fine!
RABBI שמואל aka SAMMY

TEAM REV RIDERS! LETS RIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

#3 Jawnee

Jawnee
  • Forum Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:40 PM

Thanks Sammy.... sorry, what exactly is a "Prism Z case"?.... I guess my question is if I brought both kites, handles, and lines in the carry bag that came with the kite, wil security let it through without fail? I'd rather carry it on with me, but have built the travel tank as a back-up.. which I'd have to check in...;(

thanks

John

#4 sammy

sammy

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:46 PM

http://www.revkites....h...8&hl=planes

it has lots of info there.
RABBI שמואל aka SAMMY

TEAM REV RIDERS! LETS RIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

#5 Jawnee

Jawnee
  • Forum Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:58 PM

Thanks (again) Sammy... the problem is that the power blast rods are too long to fit in any carry on... the travel bag that comes with the kite is inconspicuous looking and I think I'll just bring it with me like that and explain what it is if asked.

John

#6 bobw

bobw

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 05:07 AM

Thanks (again) Sammy... the problem is that the power blast rods are too long to fit in any carry on... the travel bag that comes with the kite is inconspicuous looking and I think I'll just bring it with me like that and explain what it is if asked.

John

I think it was noted that some folks may make you check your kite lines since they can be used "to tie some one up". aside from that, nice job!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users