149 replies to this topic

#141 Captainbob

Captainbob

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:04 PM

There was light wind at my local field today, so I got out the Rev 1.5 Std, and flew it a couple of hours.  I tried the things I did Sunday  on the B mid vent with the magic sticks installed, and it was like night and day.  Kept flipping the wing while trying to fly in reverse, while I had no problems  doing the same thing this past   Sunday  with the magic sticks, at a much faster speed by the way. Same thing with inverted hover, easy with the magic sticks, more difficult without. Walking back and forth to the kite, staking, etc... thanks but no thanks. When I got back to the house, I called Flying Smiles Kites, and ordered another 16" kit for my standard Rev.  

While I was on the phone, Eliot gave me a good tip that he said Cath had  told him about.  When finished flying, and taking  the magic sticks off, to keep from losing one of them, just place them on the leading edge, under one of the bungee cords, before rolling up the Rev.  Keeps them securely in place, and they won't fall out or get lost.    

AKA member

#142 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:40 PM

Learn sumthing new ever day, I've always used Velcro to keep the kite from unrolling

#143 Captainbob

Captainbob

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:54 AM

Put the second set of Magic Sticks on my ReV SLE with the race rods in it this morning . As I suspected, after flying it for about 3 hours today,  it lost the rubbery feeling that I experienced with the Race Rods, and seemed more solid. Flipping the wing was reduced greatly, compared to before the Magic Sticks. Same improvement in reverse flight and inverted hovering. I'm sold on the Magic Sticks and will put them on any new Rev i get. 

AKA member

#144 kitefantex

kitefantex

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:35 AM

I feel the same way after putting quad sticks on two of my revs.  No death spins, inverted from ground to top. What a joy.

Kitefantex aka Gumby

#145 Captainbob

Captainbob

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:02 PM

I feel the same way after putting quad sticks on two of my revs.  No death spins, inverted from ground to top. What a joy.

Like going from a car without power steering and brakes, to one with.  

AKA member

#146 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:45 AM

At least my favorite revs, all have those sissy sticks. I find them pleasurable on verything except a stack

#147 kwmf

kwmf

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:06 PM

Personally I had no issue with either once my hands learned the required control ... but better a kite that you can fly than one you're frustrated with :)

#148 kitefantex

kitefantex

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 04:48 AM

Quad sticks maybe just a learning tool. I know it will be easier to set up without the sticks.

Kitefantex aka Gumby

#149 Captainbob

Captainbob

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:21 AM

Quad sticks maybe just a learning tool. I know it will be easier to set up without the sticks.

Added time to set up Rev with quad sticks, 30 seconds, insert two sticks and your done.  Time saved by not having to stake kite and walking back and forth between kite and stakes, is enormous. 

AKA member

#150 mystainedskin

mystainedskin
  • Forum Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:29 AM

Once the sticks are installed...it is really no more time and effort involved.
I do see a learning curve change with sticks.the classic "training wheel".a light wind glide a different characteristics. On a good or mild wind day, my only benefits are recovery and slack line "storage" of the kite on the ground when not on use. I will continue flying them and will have a kite with a set for learners and roll up tricks... but still prefer my kites without them.
Just my flavor for now..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users