#1 sirrom

sirrom

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 10:54 AM

Hi Everyone,

I awoke this morning to find my car broken into and the only thing they took was my kite bag. This was a blue New Tech bag with all my kites line sets, extra quad rods just everything. I thought if I listed what kites I had if anyone sees or hears of any of these being listed online for sale you could let me know.

Sea Devil Sul White with Blue Wave, REV Std SLE 1.5 Red/Whit Black, REV Vented B-Series Blue /Black, New Tech French Connection Blue/Black, Level One Jump Black/Red, New Tech Fire Storm Red/White/Black, I-nak I also had 5 sets of 50# Quad line sets. 4 sets of 90# Quad line sets, 6 sets of 50# dual line sets, 6 sets of 90# line sets and a 200# & 250# line set, Wind meter and 3 kite stakes (one was a blue marble from Walt), A tube containing quad rods 2 sets of each (2-Wrap, 3-wrap, 4-wrap) There are a few older kites but these were the main things I can remember. :angry:

Any help would be appreciated

I am really going to miss the Rev's and Sea Devil the most. Just flew both Thursday :(

Brett
BRETT
(Formerly sirrom2000)
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#2 jimfielder

jimfielder

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 01:52 PM

Hi Everyone,

I awoke this morning to find my car broken into and the only thing they took was my kite bag. This was a blue New Tech bag with all my kites line sets, extra quad rods just everything. I thought if I listed what kites I had if anyone sees or hears of any of these being listed online for sale you could let me know.

Sea Devil Sul White with Blue Wave, REV Std SLE 1.5 Red/Whit Black, REV Vented B-Series Blue /Black, New Tech French Connection Blue/Black, Level One Jump Black/Red, New Tech Fire Storm Red/White/Black, I-nak I also had 5 sets of 50# Quad line sets. 4 sets of 90# Quad line sets, 6 sets of 50# dual line sets, 6 sets of 90# line sets and a 200# & 250# line set, Wind meter and 3 kite stakes (one was a blue marble from Walt), A tube containing quad rods 2 sets of each (2-Wrap, 3-wrap, 4-wrap) There are a few older kites but these were the main things I can remember. :angry:

Any help would be appreciated

I am really going to miss the Rev's and Sea Devil the most. Just flew both Thursday :(

Brett

Check all the dumpsters in your area, any ravines nearby.
I'm guessing they weren't thinking they were stealing kites and they were highly disappointed. Check local pawn shops.
Next time don't leave anything valuable in the car overnight or for any time you're out of sight of your car.
Good luck. :angry:

#3 DB Cooper

DB Cooper

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 02:31 PM

Wow, sorry for your loss. Growing up in Tucson I had both my trucks broken into, stereos, tools, etc were all taken. I hate thieves, they are a worthless bunch, I hope you find your kites.

#4 kiteking

kiteking

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 02:35 PM

Sorry for the loss,

I agree with "jimfielder", the perp thought they were getting Ski's or a snowboard. They opened the bags and saw those stupid toys and will dump them, because to them they have no value.
Hope your recover your equipment
Wind to your back, Kite in the air.

MikeM
Brookings, OR

Posted Image ----- Posted Image ------- Posted Image Posted Image

----#518 ---------- #110883

#5 mousieo

mousieo

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 02:52 PM

Oh man,
I just HATE to hear this .. I am so sorry.

Any Pics of the kites? If so post them here so we can all copy and send them out to people.

I can also send out an AKA email to all regional directors that can pass them along to all members, the sooner the better.

Make certain you call the police to make a report, and then call your insurance company (homeowners or renters) and make a claim.

been through it myself.. so anything I can do to help please let me know..

Amy

#6 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 03:56 PM

:angry: :(

Had the T shirt.Bad News fella

The very Best of Luck finding them.

BRIAN... :kid_cussing:

#7 sammy

sammy

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:35 PM

Dam i hate this news! i am going to my car and taking all my kites out asap! just keep an eye out on craigs list and ebay!
RABBI שמואל aka SAMMY

TEAM REV RIDERS! LETS RIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

#8 mousieo

mousieo

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:11 PM

Here are the photos of Brett's kites that were stolen.

Please share them! thanks!

Attached Thumbnails

• smallLCbrett.jpg
  • smallest_hoac.jpg
  • smallcresentcity.jpg
  • smallcoastbrett.jpg
  • small_lincoln_city_kitebretts.jpg
  • duels_bretts_stolen.jpg
  • brettsrev.jpg
  • brettsmallblueb.jpg
  • bretts_duel.jpg

#9 quaa714

quaa714

REVular poster

• Forum Member
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:25 PM

OMG!!!!!!!!!
Sorry for your loss Brett!!!!!!!!!!
I hate hearing crap like this especially since I am guilty of leaving my kite bag in my trunk all the time with the thought of always being ready to fly. NO MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey Laura????????? You reading this??????????

Hope you find one, some, all of your kites..............WOW..........tuff loss!!!!!!!!!!

"Cya in the Sand!....."

"Slack lines are fine lines!"

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" BD
"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain" BM
av-1950.jpg

#10 sirrom

sirrom

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 09:19 PM

Thanks everyone for all your good thoughts and especially to Amy for reducing, cropping, and posting my kite pictures. I'm still adding to my list of other things that were in the kite bag! We've had quite a day of dumpster diving, police reports and pawn shop visits. It's just so very irritating! :kid_cussing: Thanks for getting the word out. Hopefully we will have good news to report one of these days!

Brett
BRETT
(Formerly sirrom2000)

#11 mousieo

mousieo

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 09:36 PM

Thanks everyone for all your good thoughts and especially to Amy for reducing, cropping, and posting my kite pictures. I'm still adding to my list of other things that were in the kite bag! We've had quite a day of dumpster diving, police reports and pawn shop visits. It's just so very irritating! :kid_cussing: Thanks for getting the word out. Hopefully we will have good news to report one of these days!

Brett

No problem Brett,
Happy to do what I can. Many did the same for me when I experienced the same loss.
Monkey did an entire website within 10 min of my kites being gone.. which was very much appreciated. I hope you get them back...and will keep affirming they will find their way back to you.

In the meantime, if you and your wife come to Lincoln City, be sure to call me. We will be there on the beach with lots of revs and duels for you to fly...
hugs mousie

#12 Love2fly

Love2fly

All Revved up... where do you want to fly?

• Forum Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:41 PM

Hi Brett-
Sorry to hear this news. It turns my stomach how desperate some people can be. I hope you can find it all.

Rich-
I'm listening... LOUD and clear.
Laura

*** Any day flying is a good day; have a great one! 
**** REVS: Fly it, you'll like it!
***** L.S.P. ... It's worth the trip!

Posted Image

#13 Aerochic

Aerochic

Revadelic

• Forum Member
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:00 AM

Awwwww Brett, it breaks my heart to hear news like this! I can only hope with everyone looking and posting about it that you'll recover them soon! I will keep my eyes on online for anything that looks like yours. *Sympathy*

Better Living Through Rev Flying...

Rev Themed Ts & Goodies: http://www.zazzle.co...ckarts/clothing
Aerostakes: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeshockArts
Rev Galleries: http://www.revkites....=user&user=1408
Flickr Pics: http://www.flickr.co...s/16896184@N05/

#14 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 03:20 PM

Hope you get them back in good order.

It is always a shame to hear of stuff like this.

#15 melnsct

melnsct

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:39 AM

makes me wanna cry
Melanie in Tennessee

#16 sirrom

sirrom

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 08:46 PM

Hi All

I just got a call from the Medford Police Department. :P They went out to a domestic disturbance and the cop recognized the Kite Bag from someplace. He went to check (pictures on his computer?) and ended up arresting one and are working on the arrest of the actual one that took it. We have no idea if all the kites are in it…or what condition they are in. He wants me to call him on Monday so he can get the bag back to me and check the contents :) He said it was the bag that caught his eye in the room in a corner. The pictures I had given them that morning they did the trick. I will update you on Monday. I can breathe a little better. :clap2:

Thanks for your support
BRETT
(Formerly sirrom2000)

#17 Jeepster

Jeepster

Curmudgeon

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 09:18 PM

Hi All

I just got a call from the Medford Police Department. :P They went out to a domestic disturbance and the cop recognized the Kite Bag from someplace. He went to check (pictures on his computer?) and ended up arresting one and are working on the arrest of the actual one that took it. We have no idea if all the kites are in it…or what condition they are in. He wants me to call him on Monday so he can get the bag back to me and check the contents :) He said it was the bag that caught his eye in the room in a corner. The pictures I had given them that morning they did the trick. I will update you on Monday. I can breathe a little better. :clap2:

Thanks for your support

Brett,

THAT'S FANTASTIC!!!!!

Cheers,
Tom

#18 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 09:28 PM

That's Great Congrats, Ask the officer if you can have 5 min alone with the thief and an SLE rod :devil:
Jim,
Ft. Taber Park & Brenton Point

Rev's are like a carbon framed out-of-body experience

Posted Image

#19 Love2fly

Love2fly

All Revved up... where do you want to fly?

• Forum Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 10:18 PM

I am sooooo happy for you, congrats. I'd think that these jerkoffs had no idea what they had so just left it alone. (We can hope!!!)
Posted ImagePosted Image
Laura

*** Any day flying is a good day; have a great one! 
**** REVS: Fly it, you'll like it!
***** L.S.P. ... It's worth the trip!

Posted Image

#20 jimfielder

jimfielder

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 10:41 PM

Great news!

0 user(s) are reading this topic