23 replies to this topic

#21 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:33 AM

4 places to fly that I think of. Between where I live and where I work. I'm branching out at work, so the numbers will go up eventually. Unfortunatly like Portland there hasn't been alot of wind.
Well, ok, 5 to 10, but as soon as 4:20 comes around and I'm looking at the closest field the wind takes notice of the time and the twinkle in my eye and prepares. I get back at 4:30 after work and it dies. Doesn't come back either.

I can fly in no wind (what was that word JB refered to if it's not wind??? PRESSURE!!! thats it) but latley even that hasn't worked. :wacko: What did I do to deserve this?? Maybe a trip to the coast is in order.

Dean

#22 quaa714

quaa714

REVular poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:29 PM

4 places to fly that I think of. Between where I live and where I work. I'm branching out at work, so the numbers will go up eventually. Unfortunatly like Portland there hasn't been alot of wind.
Well, ok, 5 to 10, but as soon as 4:20 comes around and I'm looking at the closest field the wind takes notice of the time and the twinkle in my eye and prepares. I get back at 4:30 after work and it dies. Doesn't come back either.

I can fly in no wind (what was that word JB refered to if it's not wind??? PRESSURE!!! thats it) but latley even that hasn't worked. :wacko: What did I do to deserve this?? Maybe a trip to the coast is in order.

Dean

4:20.......hmmmmmm????????!!!!!!!!!!!! If I'm lucky enough to be out of work by then, I'm usually sitting on the train hoping they'll be a good breeze or even just enough daylight to go search it out when I get home.

Can't wait for DST to come back!!!!!!!!

As for local flying when Liberty State Park (30 mins from home), I fly here at my son's high school.

http://maps.google.c...e...mp;t=h&z=17

All good JB?!

"Cya in the Sand!....."

"Slack lines are fine lines!"

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" BD
"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain" BM
av-1950.jpg

#23 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:56 AM

It is nice to clock out at 4:30 and walk 2 blocks to my normal flying field. Don't lose the half hour I would lose of the daylight if I had to drive back to Albany before I fly.
Since I've gotten tired of flying on 120's in 1 or 2 mph or sometimes less I worked out a deal to get into the indoor practice facility. A full sized field turf covered football field indoors B) It's 3 blocks from the office. But I'll live. I'll just have to drive if I'm indoors. Ya know, so I'm not so tired because of the extra block of walking. :P

Dean

#24 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:16 AM

Here is a map of my options at work. This is Oregon State University in Corvallis Oregon. The Start point is where the company office is located. 2 blocks south is the Softball and Soccer stadiums. Below and to the right in the pic is my normal flying field.
Above and to the left of the Football stadium, the long building with a big grass area next to it is the indoor practice facility.
You'll see some other areas on campus that I haven't tried yet. But will soon.

621 sw 17th, Corvallis Oregon

Dean

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users