Photo

Do you need to know someone to buy the masterpiece kites?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 revcomplainer

revcomplainer
  • Forum Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 10:00 AM

I have noticed that some of these kites are never announced on your web site or the forum. The "eyes" kite has been a stealth project unknown the most of us.
What about our regular kite stores , how must they feel never being able to sell these, or don't they care any more.
Big plans for a new rev...how will this be sold?
How about taking care those of us who have supported you by buying your kites online or through "real" stores?
Even emails to Rev or Ben go unanswered. How about starting out the new year by telling us what is going on and giving all of us a chance to buy these either through Rev or our retailer so we can keep them in business.

#2 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 10:31 AM

Maybe revcomplainer would also be interested in identifying who they are, instead of only complaining.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#3 alleykat

alleykat
  • Forum Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 12:02 PM

It would be nice if we could get customs from our local shops. He had no idea about the eyes or other custom sails. It would be nice if they were in the loop as well.

#4 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 03:43 PM

yea i would like nto see some customs sold in my local shop www.lightenupkites.com those eyes kite espicaly
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#5 cerfvoliste

cerfvoliste

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 03:58 PM

With a custom run of say only 6 to 10 kites, it is not practical for them to come to a kite store near you. The word has been out on those "eyes" for several months, ( http://tinyurl.com/ykzmf8 ) and even at that there still may be a chance to pick one up with a quick call to the shop.
Rx
Posted Image
Remember:
No Mater Where You Go, There You Are

#6 beach

beach

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 07:18 PM

I have noticed that some of these kites are never announced on your web site or the forum. The "eyes" kite has been a stealth project unknown the most of us.
What about our regular kite stores , how must they feel never being able to sell these, or don't they care any more.
Big plans for a new rev...how will this be sold?
How about taking care those of us who have supported you by buying your kites online or through "real" stores?
Even emails to Rev or Ben go unanswered. How about starting out the new year by telling us what is going on and giving all of us a chance to buy these either through Rev or our retailer so we can keep them in business.

Well to answer some of your questions on the eyes it was not possible to get them posted yet because my web master was out of the country but most every thing else has been posted on time and there are a few eyes left as of yet.

As for the new revs they will be sold in stores because we do support our stores.

As for me answering emails well I did not get one from you to answer that I know of but please feel free to email me at beachbeach13 (at) yahoo.com any time and I will answer as soon as possible.

You know its strange to think that you feel as if we don't support the fliers I personal last year did over 20 events, handed out 500 cards, and I could not tell you how many emails I answered, I take all revolution business very much to heart, what I do I do for the love of this sport not the money believe me.

Also so you know the customs are my personal project and all the money made there is used for travel so I can be at events doing what I do and thats sharing my love of kitting. You can always reach us by phone at 858-679-5785 five days a week, so I guess what it all boils down to is this "how can I help you".........Ben  8)

#7 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • 5,936 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 02:49 PM

I'll vouch for Ben's dedication to supporting the stores, he's top notch and cares very deeply about all involved... The stores do well, Rev does well... The fliers do well, Rev does well... It's a simple equation.

It interests me to hear such a comment made anonymously, even going so far as to create an email address at Hotmail to accomplish this... Doing so devalues such comments, and brings doubt to the ultimate motivation.

As for these limited edition masterpiece kites, it would indeed be awkward to offer them through stores, and the wholesale price would be insane anyway... The mark up on these isn't that much to start with, and they're primarily being made to excite the Rev community.

A few points:

1. Stores can *always* buy one or two of the masterpiece kites, if they get in line with everyone else... Just talk to Kent from A Wind Of Change in Nevada.

2. It might be safe to say that the majority of people who see these masterpiece kites can't afford them, and will often go to buy a regular Rev instead (from a store).

3. As has been mentioned, news is put up on the web site as soon as it can be and announcements are regularly made via some of the main kite forums out there on the web.

Also, to confirm, Rev is indeed likely to release two brand new kite offerings for the general market during 2007, one of them at the KTAI show end of January... Exciting stuff, with some new features and graphics.

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users