• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 steve_hobart

steve_hobart
  • Forum Member
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:53 PM

Jawnee,

The 2-4 is an awsome kite. As has been said, great for light winds (fantastic float)...

However I use mine for buggying. What I love is that the upwind performance is far better than a foil, enabling me to point very high in the wind.

It performs best for buggying in the 15-20 kph wind range (not sure what that it is mph).

It's very safe - as I can "switch off" the power quickly, yet let it stay in the sky in a stall, ready to turn on the power again. I haven't had many OBE's (Out of Buggy Experiences) with the Rev....

Only hastle, is if I crash it and it goes flat on the ground in light winds I need to leave the buggy and go and set the kite up again to relaunch (tends not to be a problem in higher winds as I can flick it up and the wind picks it up again).

Enjoy

Steve

Posted Image

Posted Image

buggy_at_40_kph.jpg

#22 Jawnee

Jawnee
  • Forum Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 04:47 AM

Hi Steve.... great pictures... I'm "STILL" waiting for my 2-4 to arrive... gotta love snail mail huh? I leave for vacation on the 28th and will be disappointed if it doesn't arrive by then. Think I'll be ok. That buggy looks like fun! How much does one cost and what type would you recommend. Tell me more about how to operate the 2-4 in upwind conditions? I must admit that I've only ever flown my Rev II downwind(ish). Never to 'pull' upwind. As I mentioned before, we have these stable sea kayaks down south and thought once I get a handle on the 2-4, it might be fun to have my son sit in the back and "steer" the kayak while I power the kite... as you say, you can turn the power on and off, so it should be ok.

In your experience, does the 2-4 still have all the normal recreational flying qualities that allow the various normal stunts similar to the Rev II? I'm still hoping I didn't buy the wrong kite. Perhaps the "Blast" would have sufficed for what I'm looking for? I did so because I wanted the power and "ability" to do some basic power stuff, but still want a kite to play and finesse with in lighter winds...

thanks for the feedback!

John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users