Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:29 AM

No doubt, a GREAT event.

Much love to you all, what else can I say? :D

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

President - American Kitefliers Association

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#222 Mike

Mike

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:09 AM

Monday:
IMG_5245.jpg
Mike Kory:
Posted Image and Posted Image

#223 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:56 AM

Hey that would have made a great spot the kite competition!
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

Knowledge: The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify.

#224 Jeff

Jeff

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:42 AM

Back in the office today. Talk about taking the wind out of your sails...

But what a fantastic weekend that was. Probably saved a few lives here in the midwest, since I was just about going crazy here at the end of winter, and probably would have taken a few innocents out with me. :D

Thanks Dave, for a wonderful event. This fes-, er...party, is a real highlight of my year.

It was so good to be with all my IKE friends that I haven't seen since the fall, and our remote members that I haven't seen since the last Kite Party. Flying with all of you was great, as was the non-flying times. I laughed more this weekend than probably the whole previous month or two.

Once again, when we did the Fly for Ben Lummas, it really hit me right in the heart. I was there last year when we sold the 100 donated kites to raise funds for his family for all his medical expenses, so when Dave brought Ben out to fly, I knew what was coming. It was such a beautiful sight to see him out there flying, and then all those people coming out to buy a kite and put it in the air. And some just to donate without taking a kite...it really choked me up.

Thanks to the forum members for participating from afar. We really enjoyed seeing the pictures you posted and felt like you were part of the party. I wish more of you could have been here in person, but isn't technology wonderful? Maybe I'll be able to peek in on some of your events some time. ;)

Thanks Mike K., for rescuing my lost jacket from the hotel, and Mike S., for bringing it home.

Oh, and another thing, Mr. Kory, thanks for making me run to beat traffic after I complained about how sore my back, knees, and legs were. I guess I just needed to "run it off." :D

The light-wind 10 (or 11) kite megafly on 75' lines was really cool. It seemed like those kites were really packed into a closet. I just love flying with lots of people like that. :)

Last, but certainly not least, it was a particular pleasure to spend some time with our new mates from across the pond. Jeremy and Brian are a great couple of blokes. I certainly hope to share the sky with you again some time, as well as a nice cold (or warm) Newcastle. Cheers.

It was a nice finish on Monday to end the day flying with Mike K., the Fosters, and Jeremy. I know it was hard for you (Jeremy) not to pass on the left side in the "fly-throughs," but you adjusted well. If I ever fly in the U.K., I suppose I'll have to learn to fly on the left side of the road. ;)

So bittersweet to be home. Hard to get my mind back into work. The best part of returning was after I walked into the house, put down my bags, and went into the kitchen, I heard the sound of feet running up the stairs, and then tearing around the corner. It was my 5 year old daughter shouting "daddy!" and almost knocking me over with a huge hug.

And she was thrilled with the kite I brought home for her that I bought in the Fly for Ben. :)
CYuLf.jpg 0LPEo.png and ybuXm.png

#225 Choccy

Choccy

Occasion-al Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:47 AM

Ok just found out this one we were all grabbing on the webcam is one of John's (FLY TIL) handmade quads ;)

Image30.jpg
1 of the 47.

#226 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 09:50 AM

Hi All Myself and Debs are Back safe and sound...:}

As glad as we maybe to be Home.We still have the names and faces of some of the best people on the Planet in our thoughts and people i can now call good freinds.It was a true pleasure to be in the company of so many great kite folk.Both at the New Jersey fly and Kite Party.Thank you all for your Freindship and Company.Ive over a Thousand photos for memorys,but it will be a while before i need to refresh my Big Daft Grin .A round trip of over 12000miles weve covered,but Boy,O Boy was it worth the effort
OK,Kite Party.
If ya fly,love the beech,sun and like some of the best Company ther is......C U NEXT YEAR,its an absolute MUST to do.I left Dave Shenkman on Wednesday at the Airport after his big meeting with The Big Guns at Huntington.He was so fired up about Next year and the years to come.I wont go into detail or steel Daves Thunder,but
ITS GONA BE BBBBBBIIIIIGGGGGG.
Dave,i luv ya Man

I could list everyone i spoke with,but dont wana miss anyone,and anyone i didnt speak with.Please grab me next time,,,,Bring your own straw with ya.

A few folks i have ta say Thanks again to though,

I cant tell ya what it ment.Finally meeting after some years of chatting on Phones,my great pal Dave Shenkman.What a bloke,freind and host.Top Job done.I left Dave Crying at the Airport,,,
J.Bs was the usual proper Gent.Its rare to have a guy as a freind and who is a freind to all he meets, who is truely Top of his Sport and still so Aprochable and great Company,,bravo JB.
Thanks again everyone for your Company,freindship and a real USA welcome.Ile bring a pack of straws next year and give ya Lessons on PITCHA DRINKIN

Jet Lag is on us,so its Bed for a bit.

Luv ya all,
BRIAN....KP8.......Yes,yes

#227 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 09:50 AM

Hi All Myself and Debs are Back safe and sound...:}

As glad as we maybe to be Home.We still have the names and faces of some of the best people on the Planet in our thoughts and people i can now call good freinds.It was a true pleasure to be in the company of so many great kite folk.Both at the New Jersey fly and Kite Party.Thank you all for your Freindship and Company.Ive over a Thousand photos for memorys,but it will be a while before i need to refresh my Big Daft Grin .A round trip of over 12000miles weve covered,but Boy,O Boy was it worth the effort
OK,Kite Party.
If ya fly,love the beech,sun and like some of the best Company ther is......C U NEXT YEAR,its an absolute MUST to do.I left Dave Shenkman on Wednesday at the Airport after his big meeting with The Big Guns at Huntington.He was so fired up about Next year and the years to come.I wont go into detail or steel Daves Thunder,but
ITS GONA BE BBBBBBIIIIIGGGGGG.
Dave,i luv ya Man

I could list everyone i spoke with,but dont wana miss anyone,and anyone i didnt speak with.Please grab me next time,,,,Bring your own straw with ya.

A few folks i have ta say Thanks again to though,

I cant tell ya what it ment.Finally meeting after some years of chatting on Phones,my great pal Dave Shenkman.What a bloke,freind and host.Top Job done.I left Dave Crying at the Airport,,,
J.Bs was the usual proper Gent.Its rare to have a guy as a freind and who is a freind to all he meets, who is truely Top of his Sport and still so Aprochable and great Company,,bravo JB.
Thanks again everyone for your Company,freindship and a real USA welcome.Ile bring a pack of straws next year and give ya Lessons on PITCHA DRINKIN

Jet Lag is on us,so its Bed for a bit.

Luv ya all,
BRIAN....KP8.......Yes,yes

#228 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 10:02 AM

Tee Hee, you must be tired Bri, your fingers are stuttering.

#229 Jeff

Jeff

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 10:29 AM

Ile bring a pack of straws next year and give ya Lessons on PITCHA DRINKIN

Well, you bought a nice pack of straws at the auction. OK, they can be used to frame kites too, but hey, they're hollow and can reach the pitcher way across the table. :P

It was a pleasure to meet you Bri...Until next time...

#230 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 11:03 AM

I was just going to say you could reach a LONG way with a leading edge.

STUPID Bear, you wouldnt be able to suck through it cuz of the solid ferrules.

#231 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 11:59 AM

Well, you bought a nice pack of straws at the auction. OK, they can be used to frame kites too, but hey, they're hollow and can reach the pitcher way across the table. :P

It was a pleasure to meet you Bri...Until next time...

Great to talk with you Jeff and your pals,enjoyed watching you guys fly to,good job done....JOBs A Goodnnn :lol:
I did get the spars,but John Chillese wanted them.So i handed them to him.I beleive then Donna needed some and John let Donna have them.I think the spars sum the good vibe that was going on at KP.John & Marian donated them from Sky Burner.I buy them and hand them over to a freind[John Chillese].He hands them on to another freind.[Donna]....

Piece & Luv all the way Jeff.
Hows the my Big Ike pal after his tumble off the wall btw,did the Stevensons get home ok.

BRIAN...

BRIAN...

#232 Jeff

Jeff

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 12:02 PM

Hows the my Big Ike pal after his tumble off the wall btw,did the Stevensons get home ok.

Oh yeah...all the King's horses and men were successful...Paul should be fine. :D

Stephensons are home, and managed to rescue my jacket that I left in my hotel room.

#233 Jim Foster

Jim Foster

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 12:38 PM

I was just going to say you could reach a LONG way with a leading edge.

STUPID Bear, you wouldnt be able to suck through it cuz of the solid ferrules.

Could use SUL ferrules. They're hollow, at least the ones in our SULs are hollow. ;)
Fly together! Share the joy, Share the fun

#234 Choccy

Choccy

Occasion-al Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 12:44 PM

Could use SUL ferrules. They're hollow, at least the ones in our SULs are hollow. ;)

Hey Jim

likewise with race rods ^_^
that's some straw :shifty:

Balooooo you're not stoopid, you just been in hibernation and not been playing with your toys enough to remember tis all ;)
1 of the 47.

#235 Simon

Simon

Rev Legend

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 01:24 PM

Ohh look what I found... V nice...

http://sports.websho...049870108sttqtS

The Flying Squad

Posted Image

#236 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 02:09 PM

The pilot looks as cool as the kite.

#237 wufer

wufer

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 02:10 PM

Simon.
Good find mate. :)
Thanks

Derek.
PS.
And this one looks familiar too
Posted Image

#238 Jynx

Jynx

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • Location:West Allis (Milwaukee) WI ...and... New Smyrna Beach FL winters

Posted 06 March 2009 - 02:26 PM

I think the spars sum the good vibe that was going on at KP.John & Marian donated them from Sky Burner.I buy them and hand them over to a freind[John Chillese].He hands them on to another freind.[Donna]....BRIAN...

Not to mention how Generous and Thoughtful you were to me, Big Bri teddy bear!
Knowing I didn't have regulation lines, making a set, and bringing them 6,000 miles especially for me... WOW!
I owe you a drink or two... make that a pitcher of English Ale... and ofcourse a long straw!

BigBri_and_his_British_Ale.JPG

You and Deb are such awesome folk! Wish you lived a few (actually many, many, many) miles closer!

BriBri_and_Deb.JPG

I'll truly miss you both! ...And until we meet again... :throb: Luv and hugs back to you both!

"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power,

then there will be peace"

Jimi Hendrix

Posted Image

#239 Simon

Simon

Rev Legend

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 03:23 PM

MIND THE LINES !!!!