43 replies to this topic

#41 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 04:30 AM

OK time for a curve ball, what happens if one or two of the Team do there own bend on the handles!!!!

I bend my handles so they are straighter than all the others in the Team.

So guess I need to get Standard handles, and leaders. I'll have to re learn all the hand movements...

Overall, I think that everyone will have their own preferred set-up. What will count is what they will be able to deliver in the team context. It will be very obvious, I suspect, if a particular set-up cannot deliver!

I remember a certain flier could not do an inverted side-slide to the edge of the window as his hand was colliding with his chest before the full extent of the move had been completed.

I will refer back to my interjection in this thread regarding 'long arm' control as I suspect that it may be more helpful to take on board all the variables rather than adhering to a given orthodoxy! <grins>

Felix

#42 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:03 AM

Wouldnt that mean you straighten your handles Simon. :devil:

Sorry couldnt resist it. My Dad always used to go on about bending things straight.

#43 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:53 AM

OK time for a curve ball, what happens if one or two of the Team do there own bend on the handles!!!!

So guess I need to get Standard handles, and leaders. I'll have to re learn all the hand movements...

I would say that they then wouldnt be std.Thats if they had been bent to a custom fit or personal choice.SO, arent std.We have a std Handle.We have Long Handles.Short Handles,custom Handles,homemade handles,and the ones i sent Gary,,,,ODD HANDLES...LOL.All good stuff.

BUT,We have a recognised std Handle.

We dont have std Leader Lengths.Do we need um. What would be a std Leader Length that everyone could use as a refrence,guide,learning point.A bench mark to work from.The JB Leaders are as good as any to start from.That could be std.

Had the very conversation Today with Dave B.
Q,What ya flying on Dave.
A,Last Knot on Top.Next to last on Bottom.But mine are an inch Longer Leaders on top.

Wouldnt make anyl scense,but we use JBs Leaders as a Bench Mark or Retrence point.So Dave was Meaning,his Top leader are, one inch longer than the JB Supplied kit/handles/leaders/
Now the proof in the pudding is this facinateing fact

Dave tried my new Mega on my settings before the discussion and didnt like it AT ALL .I had flown it and was dissapointed at its control.Especially when Turning.We reset the Leader/brake to his above setting[and my usual setting]....JOBS A GOODN....Buy Bruce a Cigar.Diffrent kite completely.All for the sake of three knotts.

Thats why i reckon a Std would help.Doesnt mean ya cant do what ya want or become Robotic.Just means thers a recognised std.

:) ....BRIAN...15GERUPS

ps,also worth mentioning that with diffrent settings.Spaceing was out.Xould have been unfamiliar settings and kites,but once we had the Leaders set to..........JOB DONE

#44 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:13 AM

Overall, I think that everyone will have their own preferred set-up. What will count is what they will be able to deliver in the team context. It will be very obvious, I suspect, if a particular set-up cannot deliver!

I remember a certain flier could not do an inverted side-slide to the edge of the window as his hand was colliding with his chest before the full extent of the move had been completed.

I will refer back to my interjection in this thread regarding 'long arm' control as I suspect that it may be more helpful to take on board all the variables rather than adhering to a given orthodoxy! <grins>

Felix

As usual,your the Man Felix.Everyone will have ther preferred set up.
The Long arm and Technique we look to folk like you for Guidance and advice.

:)

BRIAN...15GERUPS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users