23 replies to this topic

#21 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 07:15 AM

well i seen the pic of joe hadzikis long handles i dont know how long they are but hey now im going to make another set im thinking 17 inch how would that work??

Which picture are you referring to? If it is a picture from me, I can tell you exactly.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#22 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 08:22 AM

i spokw with john on yim he said the handles were 15 inch the pic was of joe h jim f ben d and i forget the foruth guy but i want to make a longer set of handles for my lomax tail spin the 13 inch doesnt have enough reverse so i gotta go longer
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#23 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 09:57 AM

i spokw with john on yim he said the handles were 15 inch the pic was of joe h jim f ben d and i forget the foruth guy but i want to make a longer set of handles for my lomax tail spin the 13 inch doesnt have enough reverse so i gotta go longer

The fourth guy is Mark Lummas from the pair Bi Dance and the former multiple world champion team Sky Dance.

The handles that Joe had in his hands in that photo are actually my private handles. I made those particular handles about ten years ago using a set of handles from revolution that I reworked with longer stainless tubes.
The distance from ring to ring is 14.5 inches. The handle length straight across is 15 inches.
The actual rod length is 15.5 inches.
I have also taken original Revolution 11 and 13 inch handles and extended them to 15 inch. You can use as an internal ferrule, solid rod materials such as fiberglass, aluminum, carbon and other reasonably strong rod material. I have used fiberglass and after 10 years they are still fine. For the outer I used the same stainless tube, but you might get away with aluminum if it was solid all the way. That is up to you.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#24 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 06:25 PM

well i made a set today that are 18 inch for my lomax tail spin quad line kite they do well with it but i might take an inch off for a little better control ther were 13 inch rev handles witch i used slightly larger tubeing and some tape and glue they hold up well i have a pic of them in the kitelife forum
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users