9 replies to this topic

#1 DB Cooper

DB Cooper

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 07:51 PM

This movie caught me off guard, if you saw the preview from in the States then you will probably have the same response I did. This turned out to be a very good horror/suspense flick .... pretty heavy on both.

I enjoyed it a lot, the director did a good job of keeping things moving and making the viewer feel what Robert Neville (Will Smith) was going through and experiencing. It is worth watching if you like suspense, if you are just looking for a relaxing flick to pass the time then this is not it. My wife and I were both very tense during the movie and needed to watch a comedy afterwards just to unwind. Usually movies don't spook me so much. It is like Castaway (with Tom Hanks) only add evil creatures trying to kill the main character.

(By the way I don't have much kiting experience so I am trying to add what I can to the forums, and there is a movie area so I figured what the heck)

#2 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:58 AM

I really enjoyed this movie.

Huge departure from the book though, which had a bit more depth of plot.

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

President - American Kitefliers Association

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#3 bartman

bartman

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:09 AM

I found it to be just okay. So-so. I found it odd that he paid the price for a problem he didn't create. Not the way I would have told the story.

Bart

#4 browndude3649

browndude3649
  • Forum Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:42 PM

CG Monsters sucked. Could have been much better.

#5 FLY TILL YOU DIE

FLY TILL YOU DIE

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:30 AM

CG Monsters sucked. Could have been much better.

I agree, nice to see Will Smith get knocked off for a change!

#6 AdventureAng

AdventureAng

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:46 AM

I liked the movie but I think it's only because Will Smith did such a good job with it. I think that if it were any other actor, the movie would have been boring, but Will Smith was great in it. He's one of my favorite actors. All in all I would suggest watching the movie because there are a lot of human emotions that you can relate to and there is a lot of suspense wich is great.
~AdventureAng
Happy flying to everybody. Now get off the computer and get a kite out! hehe

#7 Aurora Borealis

Aurora Borealis
  • Forum Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 05:29 PM

I enjoyed it a lot and also think if it was any other character in the place of Will Smith it would be kind of awful.

Enjoy the wind,
Aurora Borealis

#8 dagnabbit

dagnabbit

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:25 AM

The CG infected were almost an afterthought. Looked like the same crew that did the CG for "The Mummy". Will Smith did a decent job on the movie, but really failed to show the anguish and the edge of madness that Robert Neville dealt with. And to make all of the infected into seemingly mindless instinct driven rage-aholics took away from the story (remember Robert's friend, Ben, calling him out every night? What a way to mess with someone's sanity!). The book wasn't about winning (all Hollywood flicks are about us winning in the end, the glimmer of hope), it was about change. As campy as they are, I enjoyed "The Last Man On Earth" more for being truer to the orignal storyline, and "The Omega Man" because it was so 70's hip! Will Smith did do a passable job though, at moments you believed his plight. I do like Will Smith as an actor- he seems like he has a good time doing his job, and he's getting better and better and expressing really deep emotions and taking you along with them. Seemed like the director spent too much time focusing on building action, raising viewer adrenlaline levels quickly, special effects, and Will Smith's acting, rather than really focusing on the situation at hand- the seeming end of the human race. At least the alternate ending is a little closer to the books intended finish. It was an OK ride, had some ups and downs, but when it was over I didn't really want to get on again.

Oh well, going to start up Left 4 Dead and kill me some zombies... :lol:
dagnabbit!

The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth

team Austin End Of The Line
team Quadzilla

#9 brohandy

brohandy
  • Forum Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:31 PM

I completely agree, I Am Legend is one of my top five favorite movies. When the shift in the story of the movie happens I really cried with Will Smith. That was so big and such a change. And of course those are for those who've seen it can really pick up on it.
Hello world.

#10 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:22 AM

How funny I just watched this movie on my last trip out, I found the movie pretty darn good
and it kept my attention during the entire flight, and I do enjoy Will Smith and his work.....BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users