7 replies to this topic

#1 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 09:35 PM

Went to the San Diego kite club meeting today with Joe H.so we could get the new kite in some hands other than ours and it went over well.We knew with the bigger size and narroower center and the new structure we've developed the floats and all around performance were sweet but we wanted to hear others point of view so we figured lets take it to the field and see the response and it was very good. People could not get over how far you could float this kite and because of the new balance system how you could lay the kite flat out. Im thinking that this will open the door to lots of slacck line tricks in the future in the right hands. Big things family, big things for sure this is going to be on the market in the coming year and once agian Rev has stepped up the game..Ben 8)

#2 nckiter

nckiter

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 09:22 PM

Come on Ben, How long do you think we can hold out breath? We need details, pictures, release dates!!!!

Looking forward to the unveiling!
Kip Clement
Apex (land of light and variable wind) NC

#3 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,421 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 10:55 AM

Come on Ben, How long do you think we can hold out breath? We need details, pictures, release dates!!!!

Looking forward to the unveiling!

The one I flew on Saturday in San Diego, apparently did not have the production graphics as it looked like a slightly modified REV 1.5 EXP. A picture of that one would not be of much use.
I can say that at least one dimension has increased. I would suspect that if released, it would be released at the next KTA.

Maybe Ben will tell you more sooner or later.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#4 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 01:30 PM

is the kite going to have weights and you say it floats so is the design like a blast i would hopw its more like a 1.5 or 1 but i to want to see photos i cant make it to ktai i want to know what my next kite is going to look like :D
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#5 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,421 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 01:54 PM

is the kite going to have weights and you say it floats so is the design like a blast i would hopw its more like a 1.5 or 1 but i to want to see photos i cant make it to ktai i want to know what my next kite is going to look like :D

The design is no where related the BLAST(Speed series). From 30 meters away, you would swear it is a REV 1.5. It is only when you get up close, you would see the difference.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#6 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 09:39 PM

The design is no where related the BLAST(Speed series). From 30 meters away, you would swear it is a REV 1.5. It is only when you get up close, you would see the difference.

Today was a tough day for me and the new kite, thats why Im here tonight.It may not be ready for KTAI as we had hoped there are some wing loading issuse that must be corrected first, there not wrong but can be better. As you all know we srive for the very best and I will not release something that I know in my heart can be better. Im not being a butt head what Im doing is watching out for you the fliers thats where my heart is the very best of the product, so for now the release date is up in the air but I will keep all of you informed. Please understand and know that we at Revolution only want the very best product that we can make nothing less is going to leave the shop. I personally am sorry if I've dissapointed any of you and hope that you can forgive me and understand my point of view in this matter and except these issues for now, the new kite will come just not in late Jan. as we had hoped.Please feel free to contact me personally if there are any questions at beachbeach13@yahoo.com or the forum, once agian please bear with me on this matter and try to understand. Im sorry Ben :cry:

#7 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 07:17 AM

ben no worries man nothing to be sorry about you can t rush perfection anyway im in no hurry i have plenty of air toys to play with for the time being :D i was the same way when the blast came out so im sorry if i came on to pushy in here or the kite chat room i just like to be the first kid on the block to have it lol im pretty certain that whatever it is will be as always one of the best
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#8 CLTKiter

CLTKiter

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 09:22 AM

All we light wind fliers can't wait!  I get a lot of mileage out of my 1.5SUL, Blast and Rev I with 2-wraps.  Can't wait to see a new design that is a light-wind kite.

Like some others on this forum, "light and variable" is a phrase that I hear way too much!!! :lol:

Doug
W.A.C.K.O.S. - Wings Across Carolina Kiting and Okra Society

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users