29 replies to this topic

#21 RAWVEEDA

RAWVEEDA

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 03:09 PM

Walt, I hope you end up figuring out a kit version. Those look almost as nice as your stakes. I know this might defeat the purpose. Can the plugs be held in place by putting a pin through the original clip holes? I don't know if I am thinking correctly on that.
Posted Image

#22 LS Kite Stakes

LS Kite Stakes

Make it Custom!

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 05:07 PM

The handles I did the modification to have the holes for the triangles cut off. I really do not recommend anyone without proper tools to try to remove the triangles and caps. There are some NASTY burrs that can be hidden under the caps. These burrs are from the hole being drilled through the cap and metal tube for the triangles. I Have a 1 inch long gash on the pad of my right thumb caused by a burr when I removed the cap on one of the handles. I may consider making solid aluminum handles with the snag less ends if I can find a supplier of the foam grips. This is a ways off, I am working on another BIGGER project. That project is at least 2 months away from completion, but will be worth the wait!
LS Custom Kite Accessories

Maker of the Original Marble Kite Stake
And Revolution Snagless Pro Handles
http://www.Kitestakes.com

Posted Image

#23 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 05:13 PM

i got some titianium tubeing from my job a while back and made some handles with it .. its to soft for heavy wind flights but for lightwinds they work great the downside to them is that i have to re bend them sometimes but they do fine for me .. they wont be worthy of full production as i cant get enough tubing and i got this stuff as scrap..the other reason is that to put a handleout there it has to be worthy of everyone to use with might be for this design but i just kept as the 2 handle sets i made.. 1 15 inch and 1 13 inch..
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#24 Love2fly

Love2fly

All Revved up... where do you want to fly?

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:46 PM

Walt....
When you get all the gllitches out...however you successfully do it B) .... and I know you will, I'll be happy to have this done on all of my handles.
Good luck with your projects.
Laura

*** Any day flying is a good day; have a great one! 
**** REVS: Fly it, you'll like it!
***** L.S.P. ... It's worth the trip!

Posted Image

#25 play365

play365

The Flying Squad

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 01:54 AM

The handles I did the modification to have the holes for the triangles cut off. I really do not recommend anyone without proper tools to try to remove the triangles and caps. There are some NASTY burrs that can be hidden under the caps. These burrs are from the hole being drilled through the cap and metal tube for the triangles. I Have a 1 inch long gash on the pad of my right thumb caused by a burr when I removed the cap on one of the handles. I may consider making solid aluminum handles with the snag less ends if I can find a supplier of the foam grips. This is a ways off, I am working on another BIGGER project. That project is at least 2 months away from completion, but will be worth the wait!

The stuff for the foam is Hyperlon or Duplon from fishing rod makers ?
GARY

Posted Image

#26 Crimsongost

Crimsongost
  • Forum Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 04:12 AM

http://www.mudhole.c...Catalog/Hypalon this is where i bought mine from you can also find square blocks with no hole to shape as you want. I have made several sets of handles. next set will be a titanium set w/ custom shaped (cut to fit my palm) Hypalon grips.

Hope this helps
Mitchell

#27 LS Kite Stakes

LS Kite Stakes

Make it Custom!

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 11:35 AM

http://www.mudhole.c...Catalog/Hypalon this is where i bought mine from you can also find square blocks with no hole to shape as you want. I have made several sets of handles. next set will be a titanium set w/ custom shaped (cut to fit my palm) Hypalon grips.

Hope this helps
Mitchell

Since I made the original post I have contracted with Revolution to make "Snagless" Pro Handles. Revolution supplies me with the correct size handle foam and I send them the completed handles. Contact Revolution directly or your favorite Rev dealer to get your own Revolution Pro Handles. B)
LS Custom Kite Accessories

Maker of the Original Marble Kite Stake
And Revolution Snagless Pro Handles
http://www.Kitestakes.com

Posted Image

#28 SkyPuppet

SkyPuppet

Reveller

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:14 PM

I picked up a pair of these a week ago from A Wind Of Change..... I really like them!

While the "Stone in Shoe Bob" method of snag-less handles worked fantastic, I found the need to remove my old leaders and replace them with some even longer ones recently. This wasn't too difficult, but it was annoying trying to get the leader centered up on the screw after tightening it down a bit.

I won a little money on a video poker machine the other day, and knew what to spend it on immediately - some new handles!

Haven't hit a snag yet, connecting my new leaders was a snap, and the finish on them is brilliant!

Have Rev, Will Travel

My YouTube Channel - Thanks for watching smile.png

#29 kwmf

kwmf

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:45 AM

I found that my sweaty little thumb often rested right on the back hole and that area of my leaders discolored. Now I'm not saying it's a problem, but it looked like this would be a wear point and most likely to fail and I didn't feel like having to re-tie a whole new top leader set when that day came along.

What I did was create super short single knot leaders top and bottom which I just attached my actual leaders to so I only have to replace a short segment one day. What this also allows me to do is take off my leaders and fly my indoor on those handles - my indoor has all the adjustment on the kite side.

Not required, just made me feel better :)

#30 Aerochic

Aerochic

Revadelic

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:03 PM

I love my No-Snags! When I lost them for a brief time this past summer (forgot them on my field in really hot temps), I was really put out not having them! I had an old pair of backup handles, but it just wasn't the same. I'm spoiled now.

Better Living Through Rev Flying...

Rev Themed Ts & Goodies: http://www.zazzle.co...ckarts/clothing
Aerostakes: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeshockArts
Rev Galleries: http://www.revkites....=user&user=1408
Flickr Pics: http://www.flickr.co...s/16896184@N05/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users