24 replies to this topic

#21 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:21 PM

iQuad has been talking about using Supersonics for fun, but we haven't given it a go yet.

I'm hoping to get to Wildwood this year and I have a 6 sonics I'll bring them and see if you guys want to give it a whirl ;)
Jim,
Ft. Taber Park & Brenton Point

Rev's are like a carbon framed out-of-body experience

Posted Image

#22 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:22 PM

One thing I can say and it really boggles my mind is how much different the shockwave is from the super sonic.

The shockwave is the same shape bridled the same just slightly larger sail in ever direction yet handles so much differently, When they say you can test your flying experience they were not kidding.

I like the shockwave and the fact it really keeps me on my toes but that vented sonic is still my favorite :blue-love:

I really do not get this. I switched between them based on wind speed and found the configuration to be transparent.

Time to check again I guess.

Felix

#23 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:30 PM

iQuad has been talking about using Supersonics for fun, but we haven't given it a go yet.

When the Decs first flew 2 line kites we used Tim Benson kites with fibreglass spars.

They were very fast indeed.

It is very easy, relatively speaking, to fly Supersonics very slowly as we did with Rev IIs in Germany (Damp) many years ago.

Pretend you are flying in "treacle" (honey for those that do not know) and see how you get on.

This relates to my recent Long Arm post/blog.

Felix

#24 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:31 PM

I really do not get this. I switched between them based on wind speed and found the configuration to be transparent.

Time to check again I guess.

Felix

The difference I've noticed between the Shockwave and the reg SuperSonic is the sonic is a little more forgiving the shockwave is very sensitive in the sliding aspect meaning it will slide out on you easier when using the right left hand movement to compensate.

After I got used to it it doesn't seem so bad but I remember when I first got the shockwave I flew it twice then wanted to sell it, Luckily it stayed packed away for a year and when I pulled it out to give it another try I flew it much better and I'll put that up to more experience.

Now i'm glad I kept it, Not sure i'd buy more unless I fell on one cheap but I am in the market for more vented sonics for sure My Sons are staring to take over my kite bags and i'm running out of spares :blink:
Jim,
Ft. Taber Park & Brenton Point

Rev's are like a carbon framed out-of-body experience

Posted Image

#25 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:42 PM

<snip>

Pretend you are flying in "treacle" (honey for those that do not know) and see how you get on.

This relates to my recent Long Arm post/blog.

Felix

Of course this should be addressed to all Rev fliers.

Until you can imitate flying in treacle you have not made it.

Paradoxically it is rather like flying in water.

Enjoy as always (and do not break anything, I have not advocated any specific activity....)

Felix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users