#1 lasapcheong

lasapcheong

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 02:00 AM

Hi,

Need a bit of technique advice here. I'm slowly getting along the hang of one handed flying. Been doing this with my right hand only since I"m right hand dominant. Read through all the great advice offered here on the forum, set my brake lines heavier than what I'm normally used to with normal flying for faster turns.

Normal and inverted hovers are slowly making their way into my bag now. Been doing large circles and figure eights to get a better feel of flying one handed. However one issue I have is "inside turning" is giving me quite a bit of problems. i.e. Flying one handed with my right hand, I can do clockwise turns pretty easily and can control the amount of arc to make the turn. However when I try to turn counter clockwise with my right hand, I can't find enough leverage to control the arc. Driving the inside handle (i.e. left) is very difficult and I often end up with a counter clockwise turn if I don't start my arc with some sufficient forward drive.

Most probably is a technique issue so any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Darryl

#2 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 02:21 AM

In some situations it can be easier to almost fly reverse, meaning when you make a left turn let the bottom right controller go fwd instead of trying to use the left handle to do all the work.

i find that works well for 1 handed flying also I've noticed in my regular flying lately I have been letting off the opposite brake instead of applying directional inputs.

Sorta like when your driving with your right hand at say 2 o'clock and you want to make a left turn you release fwd control to the left instead of taking your left hand and pulling the wheel down.

I have found this aids in precision somewhat because you are not pulling the kite into a turn you are steadily allowing the opposite wing to come up and around which is smoother and less jerky.

Also this works pretty good with reverse moves it's worth a try it may help you smooth out twitchy controlling, Or it could totally mess you up I think you'll be surprised.

I saw this way of flying a few years back a gentleman who had a pretty much paralyzed left hand would hold that handle with his left and totally fly with just his right hand using the release for left turns, In time without even trying I realized I was actually doing it myself now I work on it more and more.

Good Luck, Hope this helps if not Blame John :kid_smartass:
Jim,
Ft. Taber Park & Brenton Point

Rev's are like a carbon framed out-of-body experience

Posted Image

#3 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:44 AM

hey,
you should not practice your stronger hand FIRST,
otherwise you'll "never catch-up" when you try the weaker side!

#4 MrDenny

MrDenny

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 06:01 AM

I only wanted to learn to fly one handed so that I could take pictures so I went with left hand flying. I can hold a hover and fly back and forth fairly well now and even take my pictures so figured it was time to switch it up to right handed. I was of course thinking of one day trying the 2 kite thing. It is like starting all over again. It's so strange. I have no control what so ever right handed and I'm right handed. I think it's a left brain right brain thing.

Denny #12

.. .

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users