Questions on Rèv II

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 crash_contre_le_vent_91

crash_contre_le_vent_91
  • Forum Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 04:23 AM

I just bought a Rev II, I see that it is smaller than other namely 1.5, Exp, and 1.5 vented.

My question is: what does it more than others and it reacts more or less rapid, more specific? Need more or less wind EXP or 1.5?

I will test this WE if the wind is the game.

Thank you in advance for your answers.
Best regards
Dominica
Apprenti Rev_lutionnaire, 1Revolution EXP, 1 Revolution 1.5 hand made, 1 Revolution 1.5 vented, 1 Revolution Rev II

#2 Choccy

Choccy

Occasion-al Flyer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 04:39 AM

My question is: what does it more than others and it reacts more or less rapid, more specific?
Need more or less wind EXP or 1.5?

Bonjour :)

the rev II is more fun and is faster than 1 and 1.5. :D

Try flying it on longer lines to slow it down.... some people even add tails on high wind days.

on light wind days fly it on short lines.

whatever happens you will not fail to laugh out loud as you fly this little cute kite ;)
1 of the 47.

#3 kiteslinger

kiteslinger

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 06:17 AM

rev 2
some of my rev2s will preform in as low as 2 mph but excels in upper winds is were the fun at...

first it doesn't have the pull like the 1.5s even in 28+ winds and yes! it is a bit more rapid than the 1.5s but faster hand movements "BUT" less input brings it into fun rev to fly to techno music and ripping rock & roll...

Not the precision as of a 1.5 but the fun factor makes up for that, never the less revolution 2 are a great addition to any kite bag

#4 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 04:15 PM

I just bought a Rev II, I see that it is smaller than other namely 1.5, Exp, and 1.5 vented.

My question is: what does it more than others and it reacts more or less rapid, more specific? Need more or less wind EXP or 1.5?

I will test this WE if the wind is the game.

Thank you in advance for your answers.
Best regards
Dominica

The Rev II is more of a higher wind kite... this is not to say that it cannot be flown in light winds. The kite is much faster and more twichy than it's big brothers.

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#5 crash_contre_le_vent_91

crash_contre_le_vent_91
  • Forum Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 02:27 AM

I tried RevII last Saturday that great wind of 10/15 kmh no more Sunday against a real bomb it reacts differently: faster, less accurate and not easy to master especially with a strong wind 20/25kmh.

Other issues: removing the bridle it would be more flexible, handy? Does anyone tried it with 6mm bars when the wind is weaker, because I found it takes a little more wind than 1.5 or EXP?

I'm starting in the handling of Revo, and my English fortunately there is Google or Yahoo to get the translation.

Dominique
Apprenti Rev_lutionnaire, 1Revolution EXP, 1 Revolution 1.5 hand made, 1 Revolution 1.5 vented, 1 Revolution Rev II

#6 steveb

steveb

Occasional Poseur

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:10 PM

Do you have the Rev II handles, Dominique?
They are smaller and make it easier to keep the Rev II under control when you're starting with the Rev II.
Larger handles make the kite very sensitive.

Rev has Race Rods for the Rev II now and would be very good for lighter winds.

#7 crash_contre_le_vent_91

crash_contre_le_vent_91
  • Forum Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 02:21 AM

It is true that I made the mistake of using the long handle of my 1.5 vented :blue-confused: .

This explains the difficulties I had to master this small "bijou". :kid_cussing:

I'll used short handles this weekend.

Dominique

#8 crash_contre_le_vent_91

crash_contre_le_vent_91
  • Forum Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 06:49 AM

Finally I tryed the "beast" with short handles, miracle and there is already a bit better, I realized that it is not easy and it does not forgive mistakes especially when using 12m short lines. In the week I would test with long lines of 25m. Thank you for your advice. Dominique

#9 Choccy

Choccy

Occasion-al Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 07:11 AM

I realized that it is not easy and it does not forgive mistakes especially when using 12m short lines.

no such thing as mistakes when flying rev 2 ;)

I've yet to try my small handles.
Will let you know how I get on when I fly it next time.
1 of the 47.

#10 jburka

jburka

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 07:39 AM

Gee, all I ever fly a II on is 17" handles! Preferably on 8m or shorter lines...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users