Rev flyers are cool !

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 WarpSpeed

WarpSpeed
  • Forum Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 02:48 AM

Just wanted to let the community know of the great generosity and encouragment I have personally received from fellow Rev flyers over the past few weeks.

Starting with this weekend;

I travelled to Devon from Southampton and met up with David Ellison and IAN4C for my second flying lesson using the Southern England loan kite and handles supplied by Sailor99, Lines and frames from David.

We had a great time on a wind very cold day.
David and Ian as well as giving me lots of great flying and kite housekeeping advice also let me try out several of their own kites. Many thanks guys much appreciated.

My first ever flight was at the Stokes Bay mini meet in Hampshite with Choccy,Sailor99 and Jonesey, Hippy Chippy and I think Groz(sorry if I missed anyone out). I was given a quick lesson and left to spend a great few hours experimenting with Sailor99's SUL. I was hooked.

After this I put out a note of thanks and asked if anyone had a kite for sale, I had just been made redundant from my job in IT so needed to get finances sorted before buying a new kite. This developed into the idea of the loan kite for new starters. Sailor99, Jonesy and David have supplied the kite and I am the first beneficiary of the scheme.

At the Portsmouth Kite Festival I had a very helpful chat with Bazzer (Barry Poulter from IQuad) and I had an encouraging email from John Mitchell, all have which have left me very impressed with the good nature and generosity of the community. I hope you can all feel a hearty pat on the back.

Cheers
Mike
God does not deduct the hours from a person's life that they spend flying a Kite....

#2 david ellison

david ellison

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 03:41 AM

Good to meet up with you Mike. You picked up things quickly yesterday in a "fresh" wind.

Welcome to the Rev habit - I hope you have an understanding family ;)

#3 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 03:48 AM

Oh dear! We appear to have created another revaholic ;)

Enjoy your flying!
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

Knowledge: The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users