Buy a Rev for 30% off on EBay

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Darin Fong

Darin Fong
  • Forum Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 02:41 PM

I wish I had the cash to buy one right now...

Microsoft is offering a 30% rebate on any Buy It Now auction on EBay when you use PayPal.

See this post for how to get the 30% discount:
http://forums.slickd...ad.php?t=962601

Once you see the 30% discount banner on EBay, then find a Rev to buy.

Use Buy IT Now and you have to pay with PayPal.

You have 60 minutes form the time you see the 30% off banner to buy the item. If you wait longer than 60 minutes, just go back to the live.com site and "pick up" another 30% banner.

It's a bit of a pain and you don't get your rebate for at least 60 days, but it's worth saving almost $100 on a Rev. B series.

-Darin

(Kite Connection seems like the only company selling new Rev's on EBay)

#2 REVGOD

REVGOD
  • Forum Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 03:06 PM

Wow, that sounds like an unbelievable offer? Would love to know who the hell get's you the 30% off, cuz it sure as hell isn't me!! If it does work, I'm glad I have a bunch of B's in stock!
D
TKC

#3 Darin Fong

Darin Fong
  • Forum Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 03:18 PM

Wow, that sounds like an unbelievable offer? Would love to know who the hell get's you the 30% off, cuz it sure as hell isn't me!! If it does work, I'm glad I have a bunch of B's in stock!
D
TKC

Dave,

That's the beauty of the offer. It costs you nothing, but your customers get 30% off! How cool is that. Microsoft/EBay/PayPal pays the bill not you.

BTW, can you put up an auction with a Blue B series, mid-vent, race rods and a line set? I'll buy it right away.

-Darin

P.S. Can I use my commission from all your EBay sales to pay for the Rev? It will be interesting to see how many Rev's you sell since you're the only one on EBay selling them.

#4 Darin Fong

Darin Fong
  • Forum Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 03:23 PM

Dave,

If you really want to sell some Rev's, put some Rev Pro's on EBay with Buy It Now and tell everyone how to get them for 30% off!

A win-win situation for sure.

-Darin

#5 jimfielder

jimfielder

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:11 PM

Tried it, it works.
Lots of details, you must sign into www.live.com
I received confirmation of my $102 back at the checkout window on both PayPal and eBay as I confirmed the transaction.
Read the conditions.
Oh yeah, you have 60 minutes to complete the transaction once you do the search on live.com.
Follow all the rules. It works.
BTW - search for - Revolution kite

My 20th Anniversary edition is on the way!!!
! :kid_smartass:

#6 REVGOD

REVGOD
  • Forum Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:24 PM

The Pro Series aren't available for a while, but I can put them up if you want to order them and are willing to wait for a while. I can put mid vents up but need to make sure they are available, I don't have any. I have school shows all week, so I can't do anything til' Thursday. How long is this going? ...Jim???
Dave

#7 Darin Fong

Darin Fong
  • Forum Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:26 PM

Congrats Jim!

Oh yeah, you have 60 seconds to complete the transaction once you do the search on live.com.

You have 60 minutes, not 60 seconds. But like I said before, if the time expires, you can just start over and go to live.com again to get the 30% discount back.

Ebay acct and paypal acct must have been around a while, 30 days I think.

I don't think that's true. I signed up my sister-in-law for everything from scratch and it worked. I signed her up for live.com; paypal.com; and ebay.com at the same time and it all worked without a hitch.

It definitely works. I have close to $600 in rebates for various things on EBay.

The hardest part is waiting the 60 days to get your money.

-Darin

#8 jimfielder

jimfielder

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:43 PM

Congrats Jim!

You have 60 minutes, not 60 seconds. But like I said before, if the time expires, you can just start over and go to live.com again to get the 30% discount back.

-Darin

Corrections made in my post. Thanks!
In regards to going back to live.com and resettiing your clock. I'd clean my cookies and re-login, and follow my search result back to eBay.
Watch all along the way for the banner that says your rebate is happening.

#9 jimfielder

jimfielder

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:45 PM

The Pro Series aren't available for a while, but I can put them up if you want to order them and are willing to wait for a while. I can put mid vents up but need to make sure they are available, I don't have any. I have school shows all week, so I can't do anything til' Thursday. How long is this going? ...Jim???
Dave

I see no time limit, I'm sure there is one. :confused!:

#10 REVGOD

REVGOD
  • Forum Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:46 PM

I just added the mid vent. I will put the Rev 2's on in a few minutes. I'd be real careful of this though, it just sounds a little too good to be true? Who the hell is live.com or whatever that is? Anyway, all the B-series are available in all models, if you want a Yellow Vented, just order the regular B-series and tell me you want the vented in the comments section. I will add KITE ONLY for those that have them and want to add. If I don't get all the colors on, just order any and let me know what you want.

D

#11 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,936 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:53 PM

Yup, I'd tend to agree... This discount doesn't add up to me, business-wise.

Take care, this discount method is not endorsed by Revolution, Kitelife, or any of their affiliates.

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#12 Darin Fong

Darin Fong
  • Forum Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:56 PM

live.com is Microsoft's search engine:
http://msftandthefuture.spaces.live.com/bl...!1660.entry

So I guess Microsoft has money to burn...

This deal has been going on and off since the spring, I think. The percentage discount also changes. When I first found it it was 20%. Earlier in the year it went as high as 35%. It's been at 30% for a couple weeks.

It's definitely for real since people have gotten their money from the auctions from May and June. There have been some problems, so you have to stay on top of it. But they seem to respond to e-mails and fix the problems. I have e-mailed them about missing transactions and they have fixed them. They even e-mailed me back to make sure everything was OK without me prompting them. Amazing for someone from Microsoft!

It does seem too good to be true. People have been pushing the limits by buying things on EBay and then selling them on EBay and getting the rebate. It actually appears that that is legal according to their terms.

You also have a limit of 12 Cashback transactions per EBay account.

Good luck!

-Darin

#13 jimfielder

jimfielder

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 08:06 PM

Yup, I'd tend to agree... This discount doesn't add up to me, business-wise.

Take care, this discount method is not endorsed by Revolution, Kitelife, or any of their affiliates.

My guess is that Microsoft has been trying to buy Yahoo as they can't keep up with Google.
If you go to www.live.com, it appears like the front of Google.
It's a lot like Google, customize it, have an email addy, my local temperature is at the top of the page.
Since they haven't buy Yahoo, yet, I guess this is a ploy to get more people to use their search engine.
It worked tonight.
I live 16 blocks from Microsoft. I know Steve Balmer. I use a Mac, I'm not a PC.
I tried this and it appears to have worked. I poured over the small print for an hour!
I do not endorse this, I've shared my experience, everyone must read the small print and follow the rules. If you have ADHD or are under the influence of mind altering drugs or narcotics, do not even think about completing this purchase. :kid_cussing:

#14 MtnFlyer

MtnFlyer
  • Forum Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:00 PM

I'm inclined to go along with Jim's theory. Makes some business sense, and I'm just about to take them up on it. :innocent:

I read through all the fine print when he and I were discussing the deal and, while there are some hoops to jump through, it looks fairly straightforward and legit.

Dave, are you going to list any "kite only" sets? No offense John, but two of your vids will do me. :lol:

Bob
Bob

#15 jimfielder

jimfielder

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:27 PM

This deal has been going on and off since the spring, I think. The percentage discount also changes. When I first found it it was 20%. Earlier in the year it went as high as 35%. It's been at 30% for a couple weeks.

-Darin

Just checked the current %, it's now 25%. :blue-sleepy:

#16 Darin Fong

Darin Fong
  • Forum Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:53 PM

Yes, down to 25%.

It has been at 30% for about 10 days. Before that it was 20%.

Maybe they are losing too much money. :confused!:

-Darin

#17 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 02:25 AM

OK,So i register with Live .com,have to have e bay and pay pal accounts.Also i have to have been registered with Microsoft.What do i do next

Sorry im not that PC when it comes to the pc.All i get from the link is a forum.

An idiotts guide would realy help guys.Perhaps in laymans language or treat me like im under 7yrs old :lol:.That would be kelwould be kewl

Cheers
BRIAN......

#18 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 02:35 AM

Like Brian, I did a search for Revolution kites on live.com. Went through to e-bay, where there were some buy it now item. But no % off banner anywhere. Maybe it is a US only thing, or am I doing it wrong.
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

Knowledge: The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify.

#19 Martyjuggles

Martyjuggles

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 05:26 AM

I had the same problem, no ad banner for ebay - must be a US thing . . . tarnation - i could've done with 30% off - next stop a full-sail B-Series!!!
Thinking about a stack . . .

For life outside of kiting please read my Lymphoma Charity Blog:
http://www.marti-tho...0.blogspot.com/

#20 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 05:49 AM

Spoken to Dave at Kite Connection and hes taken some orders ok.
Dont know myself.Im not that clued on this type of stuff.Certainly worth a try if its a big $$$ sale.Regardless if its a kite or Tele.

BRIAN...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users