#21 Scott A.

Scott A.

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 09:49 AM

It Is my Healthy OBSESSION,
Kite flying makes work worth working, life worth living, and Great friends around the globe because of a common ideal. And the Rev quadruples all the above. We meet pretty regular at Newport, Rhode Island's, Brenton Point, get in touch with me, and come on up you won't have to fly alone no more, WELCOME!
Scott Weider
Team REV RIDERS

#22 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 09:51 AM

This is where I go when it all gets to much and I need to relax, plus this is the place that makes me happy and that's
what it's all about my happiness....... To me it's not about the crowds it's about me and the kite just getting in tune
with each other cause my kites have a life of there own cause they do what they like at times it seems........ :blue-cool:
Yesterday I was all alone and I pulled out a kite put on the music and just went away and the next thing I know it's
dark and getting cold but I feel so much better after one of these types of days, me, the kite, the music, and the waves
rolling in at the beach....... :blue-cool: :blue-cool: :blue-cool: Life is good......Ben B) :blue-cool: :matrix:

#23 Choccy

Choccy

Occasion-al Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 11:20 AM

...I feel so much better after one of these types of days, me, the kite, .... and the waves rolling in at the beach....... :blue-cool:

I know exactly what you mean Ben :)

Recently got back from a vacation beside the ocean in deepest SW England :kid_content:

Nothing like the setting sun, sweet ocean breeze, sound of the rolling waves and a great flight to end the day :blue-love:

Pics in the gallery here
1 of the 47.

#24 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 11:53 AM

to me its peace from a noisy life.. the wildwood beach is so quiet in the winter monts .. you cant hear nothing but the winds and when you drift away from the boardwalk you feel like you in the middle of nowhere almost to where you could fly naked and noone would notice ha ha ha ha ..so with that being my local flying area why go anywhere else
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#25 chuck3

chuck3
  • Forum Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 12:09 PM

kite flying is a way to get away from everything. Its just me and the kite and "To me" its a art watching the kite
fly a crossed and its just...well art work watching it happen....
chuck

#26 bartman

bartman

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 12:31 PM

...cause my kites have a life of there own cause they do what they like at times it seems

The first time I saw iQuad here I told people it was as if the kites were alive. I still feel that way even when it is my amateur attempts. I always think of the kite as a living creature.

Bart

#27 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 12:52 PM

Living creature, aye... Try it through a dogstake sometime. <grin>

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

President - American Kitefliers Association

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#28 bartman

bartman

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 01:06 PM

Err, yeah. I saw you do that. I think I'll have to wait on that one, but yes, I see your point. Very alive and interactive.

Bart

#29 Jim Foster

Jim Foster

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 01:11 PM

Yes, but that living creature can take out some teeth. :blink:

Hey John, when you were in England did you get to try that dogstake with the four pulleys?
Fly together! Share the joy, Share the fun

#30 melnsct

melnsct

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 05:49 PM

Sometimes it gets so intense and excited it's nothing less than orgasmic.
Am I allowed to say that??
Melanie in Tennessee
Melanie in Tennessee

#31 Litsong

Litsong

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 05:55 PM

Yes, but that living creature can take out some teeth. :blink:

Hey John, when you were in England did you get to try that dogstake with the four pulleys?

humm, i read this thread the other day and was pondering on it.
however, yesterday something totally unexpected happened and
my writing here reflect that point of discovery. I will share it here.

after the long journey(June-Oct) i was torn between staying home to rest or going out to fly. my wanting to fly (the new kites we got !! plus just more flying on my rev) and desire to stay home got a quick fix when i realized there was almost no wind in the morning and i could use the indoor kites and fly in our community (the big area in one of the building where 4 X10 units stand, the ground level was sort of open). i took the Skate (by FOCUS) and a few other kites. ah, wonderful time i had with the skate!!!!!
i also flew my beloved bai and adjust it to the very slow and gliding mode. one of the neighbors came over to ask me all about kites for an hour.
ok, here is the point i am getting into:
She said to me: i have heard about you for years but never had the courage to talk to you. You seemed so serious! (she said these multiple times.)
so her love of kites, brought her across the line and reach out to what inspires her.

I have to ponder on "seemed so serious" part more (do i have a poker face or what?)
but i am so glad that kites brought us closer and bridged what she used to consider as a gap.

from "looking serious" to "must talk to her", the only difference is i was flying kites.
in flying, the "i" expand to oneness and the truth can be read through heart.

ah, i had a great morning flying without leaving our gate and got the guard curious ("is it professional?", "you are in good health"--flying windless) and a neighbor excited about kiting, minus one observing stranger plus one friendly people. life is good.

what is kite flying to me? an expressive art.
and in art, truth can be sensed and therefore theraputic to the soul.
love, as if you have never been hurt before.....

#32 Love2fly

Love2fly

All Revved up... where do you want to fly?

• Forum Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 09:37 PM

For me, it's therapy on many levels:
Mental.... No matter what the winds are doing or how a session is going, there's nothing more peaceful, relaxing and fun.
Physical....Flying is such a passion that I push past back and leg pain, and all that goes with it, to be out there and fly; alone; or even better with friends. After flying Revs for less than a month, I had to have more back surgery. The only concern I had was how and when I would be able to fly; that really helps the healing curve :kid_smartass: .
Emotional... Yes, it's an amazing thing that us Rev Heads live all over the world, yet, it feels like a family that's closer and more supportive in many ways than those that live with us! Kite flyers just get it, where my family doesn't... as I'm sure many of you can relate to. I've met some wonderful people over the past six months; which is especially meaningful, too.
Laura

*** Any day flying is a good day; have a great one! 
**** REVS: Fly it, you'll like it!
***** L.S.P. ... It's worth the trip!

Posted Image

#33 deebs1596

deebs1596

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:01 PM

It Is my Healthy OBSESSION,

I know what you mean there- addiction is blissful joy! :kid_content:

For me, it's therapy on many levels:
Mental.... No matter what the winds are doing or how a session is going, there's nothing more peaceful, relaxing and fun.
Physical....Flying is such a passion that I push past back and leg pain, and all that goes with it, to be out there and fly; alone; or even better with friends. After flying Revs for less than a month, I had to have more back surgery. The only concern I had was how and when I would be able to fly; that really helps the healing curve :kid_smartass: .
Emotional... Yes, it's an amazing thing that us Rev Heads live all over the world, yet, it feels like a family that's closer and more supportive in many ways than those that live with us! Kite flyers just get it, where my family doesn't... as I'm sure many of you can relate to. I've met some wonderful people over the past six months; which is especially meaningful, too.

ouch- im sorry to hear about your surgery- i thought my shoulder was bad-umm...you win.

-Kite flying does help my shoulder if thewind is really blowing- flying a non-vented quad or dualie really puts traction on my shoulder which seems to make it hurt less...so for me its relaxation on the physical and mental level

-my father flew long ago-but hes almost completely quit; and my mother doesn't understand what it means to me so its hard to get out sometimes, but when i do manage to get out...i come home alot happier :kid_content:
----Dan-----

lost in thought or lost in a field... either way send a search party

i fly what i can and stare at what i cant.

#34 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:57 PM

Sometimes it gets so intense and excited it's nothing less than orgasmic.
Am I allowed to say that??

why not? All organic means is something made without unnatural additions. You spelling sux though ;)
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

Knowledge: The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify.

#35 chuck3

chuck3
  • Forum Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 01:28 PM

I know what you mean there- addiction is blissful joy! :kid_content:

ouch- im sorry to hear about your surgery- i thought my shoulder was bad-umm...you win.

-Kite flying does help my shoulder if thewind is really blowing- flying a non-vented quad or dualie really puts traction on my shoulder which seems to make it hurt less...so for me its relaxation on the physical and mental level

-my father flew long ago-but hes almost completely quit; and my mother doesn't understand what it means to me so its hard to get out sometimes, but when i do manage to get out...i come home alot happier :kid_content:

which father dan? Mine or yours lol

ya our fathers grew up flying kites together soo...ya we kinda had to keep the tradition going...Its a relaxing hobby that you can meet new people though
chuck

#36 deebs1596

deebs1596

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 05:08 PM

which father dan? Mine or yours lol

ya our fathers grew up flying kites together soo...ya we kinda had to keep the tradition going...Its a relaxing hobby that you can meet new people though

although we were out of it for a while...i think i can speak for the both of us(chuck3 and I) when i say that its a great way to relinquish frustration and just lose all care for the world for a few hours.

my parents wonder why i get so mad when they try taking away flying time,they should try taking away their emotion release lol. jesus im having withdrawl right now, havent had time in the past week to go out flying and the winds have been howling here on the east coast for the past few days and i would have gone todaybut i had to go to speech therapy for fitting for a speecheasy device,happy bout getting that but sooo wanted to fly today- ohh well maybe tomarrow :blue-confused:
----Dan-----

#37 Love2fly

Love2fly

All Revved up... where do you want to fly?

• Forum Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 06:39 PM

although we were out of it for a while...i think i can speak for the both of us(chuck3 and I) when i say that its a great way to relinquish frustration and just lose all care for the world for a few hours.

my parents wonder why i get so mad when they try taking away flying time,they should try taking away their emotion release lol. jesus im having withdrawl right now, havent had time in the past week to go out flying and the winds have been howling here on the east coast for the past few days and i would have gone todaybut i had to go to speech therapy for fitting for a speecheasy device,happy bout getting that but sooo wanted to fly today- ohh well maybe tomarrow :blue-confused:

Hi Dan...
Watch for fun flys and festivals in your neck of the woods... I know they'll be out there! Keep on it! It's a healthy lifestyle and you'll meet great people, I promise!
Laura

*** Any day flying is a good day; have a great one! 
**** REVS: Fly it, you'll like it!
***** L.S.P. ... It's worth the trip!

Posted Image

#38 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 06:53 PM

Ok, some of our spelling sucks but we get whats implied. :kid_devlish: Sailor will catch most mistakes.

Rev flying (or the other, lol) is a great thing all around. It's my fysical :kid_frustrated: therapy and my mental release too. Ya all like flying Rev's the way you are, it's just as fun indoors. Give it a try for all ya all sugar ppl who'll melt in the rain. :kid_devlish:
And for anyone with a B std., your 2 wrap frame with some 15' or shorter lines WILL fly indoors.

Dean

#39 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 08:06 PM

"fysical"?

Now you just put that there to wind me up, didn't you Dean? :)
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

Knowledge: The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify.

#40 deebs1596

deebs1596

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 08:16 PM

now would we do that sailor99? ;)
----Dan-----

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users