9 replies to this topic

#1 LS Kite Stakes

LS Kite Stakes

Make it Custom!

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 06:48 PM

Had a very good session out flying today. I was practicing the Samurai Slide and was trying to get the snap turn down at each end. I realized that what I was doing was a half Axel! When this dawned on me, I thought to myself that if I gave the tug some more gas, I could get the kite to go a full revolution. OMG, it worked! A bit lazy, and I don't think my form is quite correct, but it worked! Here I am, a complete blushing newbie to really flying sport kites, and I am pulling off expert stunts. I have been flying the Rev since beginning of July, so 3 1/2 months in and it is coming together for me. I even tried a flick-flack, but I needed a bit more wind for that one. :kid_frustrated:
LS Custom Kite Accessories

Maker of the Original Marble Kite Stake
And Revolution Snagless Pro Handles
http://www.Kitestakes.com

Posted Image

#2 bartman

bartman

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 07:24 PM

I think I can now safely say I know EXACTLY how you feel! I'm not near that yet, but it has "made the list" of things to do. Congrats. We can both celebrate tonight!

Bart

#3 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 07:28 PM

Congrates Walt. Wowing yourself is what makes flying fun. Wait till you start into combos, like axling into reversed flight and so on....

Dean

#4 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 09:41 PM

I am the opposite of you Walt, happy to try a flick flack, I find lowish winds OK, now I have more brake on that is. Until then they were simply flick crashes.

As far as an axel is concerned NO WAY.

Well done. Keep it up.

#5 Aerochic

Aerochic

Revadelic

• Forum Member
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 04:56 AM

Woo Hoo! Go Walt! :ani_pink:

I almost did one by mistake the other day and got all excited! Seems like most of my rev advancements happen by mistake. :?

Better Living Through Rev Flying...

Rev Themed Ts & Goodies: http://www.zazzle.co...ckarts/clothing
Aerostakes: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeshockArts
Rev Galleries: http://www.revkites....=user&user=1408
Flickr Pics: http://www.flickr.co...s/16896184@N05/

#6 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 06:52 AM

It's fun to get a little funky with it too. Try doing a dive-stop-axel! Now that's fun!

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#7 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 09:46 AM

Heres one to work on too. The Axle take off. Come to think about it this might help ppl learn easier. Your Rev is inverted and stable on the ground. Might help with learning the hand and body movments needed to do the trick anyway.

Dean

#8 mousieo

mousieo

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 07:17 PM

lol funny that you should start this thread this weekend...

Dave and I had a great time flying today, and after he was finished playing fighter revs ( ok have to say I laughed so hard I couldn't see) he spent the time to show me some axle techniques. He is nailing them with 3 pretty laid out axles in a row..

After some lame attempts on my part, I finally got it. I actually managed 2 axles in a row before coming out of it.. man that was so cool. It really does help when you have someone that can spend some time to show you how.
Clinics are a good place to learn as well.

Maybe we should plan a weekend of just for fun rev flying soon???? At the beach of course..

hugs
mousie

#9 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 08:50 PM

lol funny that you should start this thread this weekend...

Dave and I had a great time flying today, and after he was finished playing fighter revs ( ok have to say I laughed so hard I couldn't see) he spent the time to show me some axle techniques. He is nailing them with 3 pretty laid out axles in a row..

After some lame attempts on my part, I finally got it. I actually managed 2 axles in a row before coming out of it.. man that was so cool. It really does help when you have someone that can spend some time to show you how.
Clinics are a good place to learn as well.

Maybe we should plan a weekend of just for fun rev flying soon???? At the beach of course..

hugs
mousie

Where too? I'll get my hugs while I'm at it. :kid_devlish: Theres alot of axle variations. They don't really need a different hand movement, just timming. I'll teach what I know and learn some. So when and where? Weekend of course.

Dean

Newport being the closest to me. Nye Beach by choice.

#10 mousieo

mousieo

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 05:45 AM

Where too? I'll get my hugs while I'm at it. :kid_devlish: Theres alot of axle variations. They don't really need a different hand movement, just timming. I'll teach what I know and learn some. So when and where? Weekend of course.

Dean

Newport being the closest to me. Nye Beach by choice.

how far would you be from Florence? Dave is in PDX, there is Rick Winkle in Florence... anyone ???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users