111 replies to this topic

#21 BAZ

BAZ

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 12:27 AM

Already got mine in standard version off Ben at portsmouth -- what a great kite ! ! !
The very one on the Rev homepage ( middle one -- Lime) http://www.revkites....b-pro_promo.jpg
I think its a little special in the fact it was off Ben (what a friendly guy he is)
also the vertical stripes are in light grey and I beleive from what Bazzer was telling me the production run will be in dark grey-- so I may have a one of a kind (possibly - I hope)
All the Best

Baz

Maker of the ULTRA NO SNAG HANDLES

BAZ

ani_victory.gif

#22 Theresa

Theresa

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 12:39 AM

Finally have a page made!! :) :)

Yea!!!!!!!....More kites!!!!

http://www.thekitesh...s/prod_221.html

#23 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 07:55 AM

No video yet, soon I'm sure...

Definitely a premium/upgraded build, longer life-span on the sail.

I've only a couple of hours on one, Steve de Rooy has a lot more time than I.

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

President - American Kitefliers Association

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#24 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 08:02 AM

No video yet, soon I'm sure...

Definitely a premium/upgraded build, longer life-span on the sail.

I've only a couple of hours on one, Steve de Rooy has a lot more time than I.

Thanks John,what about the S.U.L Version.Ive read about std,mid and vent.

BRIAN...

#25 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 08:32 AM

Not sure about chances for an SUL, I'll leave Bazzer or Ben to answer that.

Correction, the mid-vent and vented have not been finalized yet, but I'm sure it won't be long.

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

President - American Kitefliers Association

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#26 steveb

steveb

Occasional Poseur

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:11 AM

I've been labelled a nitpicker about kites, as I make my own kites and expect kites that I spend my hard-earned money on to be made better than I can do myself.

I had a good look over Bazzer's B-Series Pro and was very pleased to see him use bar-tacks at the end of every seam, straight sewing lines, without wandering, the grain of the fabric aligned symmetrically & correctly and completely using the best sail fabric: Icarex. Some of my B-Series are made out of 4 different types of fabric. Each fabric has its own stretch/wear characteristics and mixing them randomly can lead to baggy sails.

It's like the difference between a factory made guitar and one by a skilled craftsman. The level of detail and finish stands up to the closest inspection. It might look the same from a distance, but I think that doing things the right way with the right materials makes the extra cost well worth it.

I plan to get a set of them.

#27 Steve de Rooy

Steve de Rooy

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:22 AM

Oh .... Im so excited to talk about the New B-series Pro....

Ive had mine for about 3 months or so....Well I cant say its really mine... its my Gfs...but when I am at home and hit the local field to fly it.. its the first rev I pull out first when the wind is light....

The time Bazzer takes ... knowing first hand being there as he is makin his masterpieces ... he pays close attention to every detail there is need to make a Lean Mean Flyin Machine... LOL.... This Rev on a set of race rods is the highest precision rev kite on the market today... hands down... I will see about making a video for the B-Pro....One of the many things I really like is you can make it to your liking for colors designs and layout....

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_3706.JPG
  • n558862901_768975_9156.jpg

#28 REVGOD

REVGOD
  • Forum Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:49 AM

Ok, so I'm pretty honest when it comes to graphics, and there have been plenty I don't like.....I like these!! I think I set a record for getting an item up on my site in time!
http://www.kiteconne...r...=prd&id=619

Maybe some of them can be part of the world record we attempt to set at KP7.

#29 steve_hobart

steve_hobart
  • Forum Member
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 08:34 PM

Man they're nice........and look at the Australian dollar now !@#$

#30 Quaddict

Quaddict
  • Forum Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 10:04 PM

It's not confirmed yet, but I'm hoping you'll be able to order these in standard, mid-vent and vented. :)

when or where can we find out if it's available in mid-vent?

#31 Jim Dingsdale

Jim Dingsdale

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 12:33 AM

Ho hum. Same pattern with colored panels moved around. Some look ok.
Boring. Also out of my price range now.
Kite is not boring, just the design.
Would like to see something totally different.
Ninja Eyes, Dragon heads, that sort of thing. Maybe an eagle, state flag, whatever.
Even tinkered with my own design.
Revs have given me much enjoyment over the years that my two liners(cringe)
sit in the garage unused.

#32 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 02:11 AM

Ho hum. Same pattern with colored panels moved around.
Boring. Also out of my price range now.

Denial - it's not just a river in Egypt ;)
Jim,
Ft. Taber Park & Brenton Point

Rev's are like a carbon framed out-of-body experience

Posted Image

#33 LS Kite Stakes

LS Kite Stakes

Make it Custom!

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 03:31 AM

It is not the same thing as a regular B, it is sewn up out of Icarex by Bazzer, not rip stop nylon by the fine employees of Revolution Enterprises. In affect it is a Masterpiece Rev! (IMHO)
LS Custom Kite Accessories

Maker of the Original Marble Kite Stake
And Revolution Snagless Pro Handles
http://www.Kitestakes.com

Posted Image

#34 Harrier

Harrier

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 04:10 AM

It is not the same thing as a regular B, it is sewn up out of Icarex by Bazzer, not rip stop nylon by the fine employees of Revolution Enterprises. In affect it is a Masterpiece Rev! (IMHO)

Perhaps some of your information needs correcting, my B is not made from ripstop nylon.
IMO assembly from standard panels hardly constitute a "Masterpiece" however random the selection.
Other than the kite being properly assembled and sewn it would be good to know if there are any other new or improved features which help to justify the "Pro" tag.

#35 jburka

jburka

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 04:53 AM

IMO assembly from standard panels hardly constitute a "Masterpiece"...

Actually, the Pro isn't assembled from the standard panels used on a B. As far as I can tell the standard has four panels on each side, to which the grey or venting is applied and the excess removed. There are a total of 13 panels of fabric used.

Each panel of the Pro is cut individually and then assembled, giving you a total of 29 individual panels, each of which has had the bias rotated for optimal stretch. This is what John meant when he wrote about a premium, upgraded build and longer life...

Worth the money? I dunno yet.

#36 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 05:28 AM

Perhaps some of your information needs correcting, my B is not made from ripstop nylon.
IMO assembly from standard panels hardly constitute a "Masterpiece" however random the selection.

Correct about the nylon ripstop - none of my Bs have any nylon in them!

But to be fair I do feel I should just clear up one point. Masterpiece to me implies a certain level of artistic creation, which is not what the pro is all about, and why it is not shown as a masterpiece but as its own level in the product line up. Have a look at the product list on the main site; The Masterpiece series is there with all the designers as sub-categories, then there is the pro-series and the signature series (B's), etc, etc as separate categories in themselves.

So I think we need to judge it against the standard it sets itself to achieve - a high-end technical improvement over the B, that is pleasing to the eye and offers the flier a way of expressing individuality. Without having seen one in the flesh I imagine the combination of Bazzer stiching and panel alignment would achieve the technical objective. The variation in panel layout hits the invididuality button to me. If it is eye-candy or not is very much up to the beholder! IMHO it is neither better nor worse looking than the B.

So, the only questions to me is whether the increase in price would justify the technical improvement and what are the lead times like given it is presumably a custom order.
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

Knowledge: The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify.

#37 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 06:18 AM

No Doubt,its a smashing looking kite[after looking a 1000 times now].I have a few Bazzers and his work is Top Draw.The idea that i can design my own [to a degree]panel layout is kewl.The use of better materials has to be a plus.

The Price with Race Rods may just make it a little to exspensive for many.Especially when you look at the B series price and what you get as a whole package.Then again.When you think about it.The B Series as we know it.Could be outgrown now for some Pilots and the Pro Series offers that bit more quality and refinement, at the exspence of the addons we should now already have if considering the P Series.

In summary.The P Series isnt pitched at the mass flyers.Its the next level for the more exsperienced KITER.Who would perhaps appreciate the finer qualitys[I HOPE] the new P Series is said to bring.

Rev/JB/Bazzer/Ben,are all Kiters and have i think[boy have i thUnk about these]raised the bar again.Keeping things new,fresh, a tad exclusive.Which i think is kewl and will cater for a certain section of Kiters.

Masterpiece,,,,,no,its not,but i cant think of a closer second to one.

Just my 2ps worth.

Have a good weekend boys and girls

BRIAN...

#38 accrk

accrk
  • Forum Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:37 AM

I like that revolution has come out with a high-end pro series kite. However, does anyone else feel that they have done a poor job of giving information on it? The web site says nothing about what makes it better than a standard B series. Is it designed for faster/sharper flying? How are the manufacturing methods different than standard kites? How does any of it translate in the real world to a better kite for the flyer?

Also, shouldn't these limited-production kites come with rev's limited-production race rods?

Don't get me wrong, these criticisms are meant to be more constructive than critical. I like my rev kite, and I think they could sell more of these pros if people had specific reasons to upgrade, other than their current sales pitch of: these were made by top people, so you know they have to be good.

Then again, maybe it's just me. Sorry for the rant.

#39 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 10:04 AM

The Original B-Series sail is Icarex. This is one of the main reasons for the price increase over the Ripstop Poly used in the 1.5.

The EXP is the only Revolution that is made from Ripstop Nylon.

#40 steveb

steveb

Occasional Poseur

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 10:48 AM

The Original B-Series sail is Icarex. This is one of the main reasons for the price increase over the Ripstop Poly used in the 1.5.

The EXP is the only Revolution that is made from Ripstop Nylon.

I have a couple of original B-Series. The Standard has Icarex for the grey bars and a mix of Texlon, North cloth and some other fabric that I can't identify. The Vented has no Icarex at all.

The reason I have 5 B-Series is I later found some that were mostly Icarex. The centre white panel is something else.

I fly a lot: over 170 times so far in '08. I've found that Icarex sails last longer and prefer it over any other sailcloth.

That's why I'm saving up to buy 3 B-Series Pros.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users