#42 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 05:44 PM

Anyone ever tried this?

Point of note, most of the top competitive Rev pilots in North America use vented Revs with UL frames until the winds are high enough to require a change of frame... Something about the venting makes it fly SO SWEET, and with a UL frame you can often take it down to 5-6 mph.

Go try it, and tell us what YOU think!

I've just bought a 1.5 vented to fly with my older Rev I. It came with an UL LE plus a SLE set. From what I gather this should lower the wind needed to make for good flight if I use the UL set? Also my son has an older Rev II and I even still have an old Backtracker that I learned on! Been flying off and on for !5 -16 years, but still admire what I-Quad can do!! Thanks for any comments on this subject!!

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#43 Theresa

Theresa

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 08:04 PM

I've just bought a 1.5 vented to fly with my older Rev I. It came with an UL LE plus a SLE set. From what I gather this should lower the wind needed to make for good flight if I use the UL set? Also my son has an older Rev II and I even still have an old Backtracker that I learned on! Been flying off and on for !5 -16 years, but still admire what I-Quad can do!! Thanks for any comments on this subject!!

Hi!

I see you are from Clackamas!
Any chance you'll make it to Lincoln City this weekend?
It's going to be a "Quadzilla" event!! :)
Hope you can make it!

Theresa

#44 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 09:54 PM

I look on the "perfect size" bag as :

1 Standard sail, 1 Vented
1 2/3/4 wrap framesets

and thats pretty muhc all you'd need for any wind.

of course, I tend to haul a few more around than that.

;)

Wow, wish you had told me that Years ago, would save me having to cart 2 bags of Revs around. :kid_devlish:

Missed this thread first time around, dont know why.

Going back to the first post, I just love venteds in as light a wind as I can get away with. for all the reasons that have ben mentioned.

And a vented Sedgwick with Race rods in, wOw.

#45 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:18 AM

My favorite kite is framed with a set of cut-down Skyshark (3P tapers -Black Diamond, cut the skinner end) down spars and a Race frame leading edge plus the french bridle hung on a pro b-series SUL mid-vent 1point5. It's mighty sweet and precise, yet still can do all the tricks I enjoy as a flailer. I try to fly the mid-vent SUL whenever possible, but around here lots of times the only thing that will fly is indoor stuff, (like half the year!, ~ summer is Zen Season in the mid-Atlantic states!)

oh, almost forgot!,... naturally it's sportin' a set of 16 inch magic sticks (training wheels) made of 125 carbon tubes also.

Edited by REVflyer, 24 June 2010 - 02:20 AM.

#46 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:17 PM

Hi!

I see you are from Clackamas!
Any chance you'll make it to Lincoln City this weekend?
It's going to be a "Quadzilla" event!! :)
Hope you can make it!

Theresa

Should be down for Sat. Went last year after missing several years due to bad hips! Went to both summer and fall events and didn't have any problem!! Was down there last week on Fri. and the weather was nice and the wind good, flew my son's Rev II all day long!! What a time with an old friend, a lonely beach, and good wind! Even if the wind isn't the best, at least got my flying fix for a while. Are they going to try to set the record on Sat. too? Only day I'll be there!! Glad to see some old friends that I only see at the festival. I'll be sporting a Winddriven hat and flying an older Rev I or a new red white and blue Rev 1.5 vented!!:blue-grin:

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#47 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 08:50 PM

Well, fell down and can't get up!! Just got a set of race frames - one for a Rev 2 and one for a Rev 1. Wanted to get a SUL, but that will have to wait a little bit longer!! As soon as they get here i want to try them out!!! But that SUL -- the pull - arggggh!!!!!

wayne from portland

AKA member

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users