#1 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 03:58 PM

Rev_001.jpg

My new baby. 1 of a kind custom of a custom. Sure Lolly won't recreate this one.

Dean

#2 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,401 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 04:24 PM

Rev_001.jpg

My new baby. 1 of a kind custom of a custom. Sure Lolly won't recreate this one.

Dean

Looks quite nice!
However there is something very wrong with it!
Hmm!
Hmm!
You have the bridle on the back of the sail and the rods on the front!
It is very easy to correct!

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#3 Jeepster

Jeepster

Curmudgeon

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 04:53 PM

However there is something very wrong with it!
You have the bridle on the back of the sail and the rods on the front!

John,

Maybe ... maybe not. Dean said it was "1 of a kind custom of a custom. Sure Lolly won't recreate this one." Maybe he really did order it with the center reversed. Or maybe Lolly was playing a prank on him.

So Dean, which is it?

Cheers,
Tom

#4 Aerochic

Aerochic

Revadelic

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 05:18 PM

Now now, Fellas... I'm sure Dean was probably just really excited to get it set up. :D We're all like kids in a candy store with a new Rev.

Very Cool New Rev, Dean!

Better Living Through Rev Flying...

Rev Themed Ts & Goodies: http://www.zazzle.co...ckarts/clothing
Aerostakes: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeshockArts
Rev Galleries: http://www.revkites....=user&user=1408
Flickr Pics: http://www.flickr.co...s/16896184@N05/

#5 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 05:18 PM

now thats the way to show the halloween sprit.. the CANDY CORN b series kite .. i love it.. best of luck with it dean
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#6 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,401 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 05:44 PM

John,

Maybe ... maybe not. Dean said it was "1 of a kind custom of a custom. Sure Lolly won't recreate this one." Maybe he really did order it with the center reversed. Or maybe Lolly was playing a prank on him.

So Dean, which is it?

Cheers,
Tom

Tom, look closely at the sail. You will notice at the folds where it is sewn along the edges, it is truly the back facing you.

I think Aerochic is correct. He was too excited with the new REV. Anyway, it will fly just fine that way.

Seems to me there is someone who flies trains of REVs with the sail on the last REV reversed.

YES! I agree it is a Halloween JB! NEAT!

International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

#7 Jeepster

Jeepster

Curmudgeon

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 05:57 PM

Tom, look closely at the sail. You will notice at the folds where it is sewn along the edges, it is truly the back facing you.

John,

Okay, I found the "plus" button and looked closely at the seams ... you're right!

Good thing I don't have Lolly's job ... 'cuz I'd sure reverse the midsection on somebodies kite just for the fun of it.

Cheers,
Tom

#8 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,401 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 06:08 PM

John,

Okay, I found the "plus" button and looked closely at the seams ... you're right!

Good thing I don't have Lolly's job ... 'cuz I'd sure reverse the midsection on somebodies kite just for the fun of it.

Cheers,
Tom

I actually had them print the Revolution logo upside down on one of REV I's many years back.

#9 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 06:18 PM

Most of you have doubts, but your off a little. :P has nothing to do with bridal. DUH, I'm not the one to put the bridel on.

Dean

#10 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 06:22 PM

I think Aerochic is correct. He was too excited with the new REV. Anyway, it will fly just fine that way.

Seems to me there is someone who flies trains of REVs with the sail on the last REV reversed.

YES! I agree it is a Halloween JB! NEAT!

Maybe your eye sight is going John. Looking at the folds you clearly can not see the cut edges of the seem, which would be on the back of the kite. So AeroChic, the rods would be on the back side where they belong, wouldn't they?

Dean :kid_devlish:

P.S. I'm an Oregon State University Beaver fan.
BTW this is the 3rd day in my possesion. Friday I had it up with the 2 wrap frame on 100' 50# lines in 0 to .5 mph winds. It was work, but I really see the difference between the 1.5 w/ 2 wrap and the B. Saturday at Nye beach in Newport I had it up for 4+ hours on 90# 85' lines with 2 wrap downs and both LE's in 10 to 15mph winds and thought it was a bit much wind for it. 100' 150# lines may have tamed it but didn't have them at the time. The full vented B on 85' 90# was pretty cool in comparison.
Today I started on 85' 90# lines in 1.3 to 7mph winds. Too much drag on the brake lines.(still wet from being washed.) Dropped to 90# 60' lines. Still didn't like the 1 to 4 mph range. Made a 50# 40' set of lines and nothing could hold me back. Lost count of the sliding bicycle 360's at 4. Just quit counting having too much fun.(Still wet from the bath.)

HMMMMMMM, maybe I'm not at fault for your faulty sightings. :lol:

#11 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 06:40 PM

The vertical strips are cut out properly for the kite facing you, it's obviously ordered with a reversed center panel.

The appliqué says it all.

The edge seams are an optical illusion.

If the sail were backwards you would see the overlay of the blk and orange.

But as first stated look at the verticle strips, had the sail been backwards you would see white under and out to the sides of the stitching.

Edit: shown in the picture below jeepsters post after mine :kid_smartass:
Jim,
Ft. Taber Park & Brenton Point

Rev's are like a carbon framed out-of-body experience

Posted Image

#12 Jeepster

Jeepster

Curmudgeon

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 06:41 PM

Looking at the folds you clearly can not see the cut edges of the seem, which would be on the back of the kite. So AeroChic, the rods would be on the back side where they belong, wouldn't they?

Dean ... Dean ... Dean,

The first rule in life you should memorize is; when you find yourself in a hole, quit digging. I misused the term "seam" ... as John says, look closely at "the folds along the edges" ... namely look at the hems. They clearly show that you're flying with your sail reversed ...

But, as a small British gal likes to very point out - we're not all alike and it's okay to do things differently! So, maybe you've discovered the next great thing ... naw, it's just a backwards kite.

Cheers,
Tom

#13 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 06:46 PM

Dean ... Dean ... Dean,

The first rule in life you should memorize is; when you find yourself in a hole, quit digging. I misused the term "seam" ... as John says, look closely at "the folds along the edges" ... namely look at the hems. They clearly show that you're flying with your sail reversed ...

But, as a small British gal likes to very point out - we're not all alike and it's okay to do things differently! So, maybe you've discovered the next great thing ... naw, it's just a backwards kite.

Cheers,
Tom

Jeepster, Jeepster, Jeepster.....

Rev_002.jpg

See the down tip reinforcments?

Look to see the cut edges of the (FOLDS)

#14 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,401 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 06:58 PM

Maybe your eye sight is going John. Looking at the folds you clearly can not see the cut edges of the seem, which would be on the back of the kite. So

Hey man, your right!
The V of the REV has a kevar strip there that sure looked like the sail was backward, but it is not.
The clues to see which side is which is at the top of the center panel. You can see the white is over the black, thus that is the front. The same is true for the lower part and the orange material.
Now look at the lower tips the black dacron is behind the polyester spinnaker.

Yep, the sail is on correct. The logo is reversed!
Super idea Dean!

BTW, you can still easily reverse the sail. Just take all the rods out and wiggle the bridle around to the other side. The bungees will be on the wrong side, but it still works.

#15 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 07:03 PM

It wasn't my idea for the reversed center panel. No complaints on my part as I love my B. I'll fly it the way it's ment to be flown. Flying at Lincoln City October 11th if the wind is strait off the ocean the spectators will know who makes the kite they love to watch fly. If I can get a little better with it. It's a bit different flying reverse than my Rev 1.

Dean

#16 Jeepster

Jeepster

Curmudgeon

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 07:07 PM

See the down tip reinforcments?

Look to see the cut edges of the (FOLDS)

Dean,

Okay I agree, you have a mutant kite! The vertical panels are on the wrong side to match a b-series, but on the correct side to stack your chosen colors correctly.

The picture of the reverse side is convincing ... looks like it's a full size piece of humble pie for me! Maybe even two pieces.

Cheers,

Tom

#17 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 07:14 PM

Dean,

Okay I agree, you have a mutant kite! The vertical panels are on the wrong side to match a b-series, but on the correct side to stack your chosen colors correctly.

The picture of the reverse side is convincing ... looks like it's a full size piece of humble pie for me! Maybe even two pieces.

Cheers,

Tom

It's ok, when it was pointed out to me by my flying partner who has a full vent B I thought I was goofy. That was about an hour after I first set it up. :kid_devlish: Lolly made me a 1 of a kind custom of a custom. I'm sure it'll NEVER be reproduced so I have a true one of a kind. I'm completly and totally happy with what she has given me.
I'm curious to see what others will come up with now that we've seen custom vertical panels colored in something other than grey.

Dean

#18 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 07:25 PM

I'm thinking white, orange with black mesh for the full vented and black, white and orange vertical for the mid vent.

Dean

#19 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 10:18 PM

It's ok, when it was pointed out to me by my flying partner who has a full vent B I thought I was goofy. That was about an hour after I first set it up. :kid_devlish: Lolly made me a 1 of a kind custom of a custom. I'm sure it'll NEVER be reproduced so I have a true one of a kind. I'm completly and totally happy with what she has given me.
I'm curious to see what others will come up with now that we've seen custom vertical panels colored in something other than grey.

Dean

I think i'll order a 3 piece set exactly like yours tomorrow I really like that combo and the backwards center panel makes it even more unique, plus we cant be letting you have 1 of a kind like that.

OK kiddin, had to bust your chops nice colors though :kid_content:

Oh and BTW just cause the logo is backwards doesn't mean it will fly better in reverse :kid_smartass: Sorry Man!
Jim,
Ft. Taber Park & Brenton Point

Rev's are like a carbon framed out-of-body experience

Posted Image

#20 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 11:11 PM

:) I like it.Be good to see it in a sunlit sky Dean.Black and Orange always look nice together

You may have started somthing.Everyone will want a custom,custom

ENJOY

BRIAN...l

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users