6 replies to this topic

#1 beach

beach

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 08:58 PM

I was going thru some old, old, old, boxs and came across some customs that come to find out were the very first. What I found were 3 rev 1s that Scott Skinner of the Drachen Foundation did and gave to the three brothers in the early days of Revolution, wow what a part of kitting history. What a honor if I could get this great mentor to kitting on board for a series of his kites Scott is one of the greatest driving force in this sport that we all love so much and to get him to do a series would be way beyond anything I ever imagined. Im going to find out more about these kite and when I do Ill do another post to tell you all about them and the history of these kites and Revolution so keep posted.............Ben

#2 monkey

monkey

Rev Guru

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 07:54 AM

Ooooh nice find!  We'll need to see pictures of course.  :-D
David Hathaway, Revisionist
-~ REVisions
-~ www.simian-studios.ca
-~ www.teamiquad.com
Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis!

#3 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 03:05 PM

thats whats cool about you ben your like me always have kites on your mind :P
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#4 beach

beach

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 07:48 PM

Your right Monk. I do need to get some pictures of this find, and yes Ant. thats pretty much where my mind is always at, kites. On another note how can we as kite fliers here in the US and Canada get more in touch with our family accross the pond? I want them to feel more part of the REVOLUTIN in kitting that we all are creating, I do not want anyone, anywhere to feel left out, I thoght of perhaps setting up some sort of contest between the family here and the family there to design a t-shirt and then award a one of kite as a prize for the best design, but I am open to all of your thoughts on this matter so please give it some thought...............Ben 8)

#5 dutchPWR

dutchPWR
  • Forum Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 04:21 AM

I thoght of perhaps setting up some sort of contest between the family here and the family there to design a t-shirt and then award a one of kite as a prize for the best design, but I am open to all of your thoughts on this matter so please give it some thought...............Ben 8)

I'm game for that
If only there was some wind...

#6 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 05:18 PM

count me in

:twisted: EAST COAST KITER :twisted:
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#7 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 08:51 PM

Your right Monk. I do need to get some pictures of this find, and yes Ant. thats pretty much where my mind is always at, kites. On another note how can we as kite fliers here in the US and Canada get more in touch with our family across the pond? I want them to feel more part of the REVOLUTION in kitting that we all are creating, I do not want anyone, anywhere to feel left out, I thought of perhaps setting up some sort of contest between the family here and the family there to design a t-shirt and then award a one of kite as a prize for the best design, but I am open to all of your thoughts on this matter so please give it some thought...............Ben 8)

Ben,
I sent out some emails to some of the Rev fliers on the other side of the Atlantic and Pacific, in particular Guido Maiocchi in Italy.
I am sure they can drum up some interest.

John

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users