The manhatten transfer for me. An older album called Brasil from 1987

#22 Aerochic

Aerochic

Revadelic

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 12:50 PM

Wow, this one is always hard to answer, currently gnarls barkley, fatboy slim, Yeal Naim, Weezer, Tool, and much much more.

Oooooh... Fatboy Slim would be perfect to fly to! :clap;

Better Living Through Rev Flying...

Rev Themed Ts & Goodies: http://www.zazzle.co...ckarts/clothing
Aerostakes: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeshockArts
Rev Galleries: http://www.revkites....=user&user=1408
Flickr Pics: http://www.flickr.co...s/16896184@N05/

#23 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 01:07 PM

Billy Joel is probably one i wouldnt admit to,but just incase anyones around a 6am at Ainsdale has heard me ruining it.Thought i would throw it in.
Ho and some Samuel Barber when i wana think or Guitar,flamenco,Mayers Cavatina,

And Marvin the sexual healing man

BRIAN...

#24 cerfvoliste

cerfvoliste

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:00 AM

I like the Easter Egg track from the "Trick or Treat" DVD

http://www.jamendo.com/en/track/1092

Rx
Posted Image
Remember:
No Mater Where You Go, There You Are

#25 deebs1596

deebs1596

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 09:18 PM

i tried to fly to some metallica...didnt really work to well for precision but for a relatively high wind day "whiskey in the jar" was good for just ripping around doing all the wild stuff

I have used "turn the page" for some precision but not much...i tried "whispers in the dark" by skillet, wasnt too successful. Gee i wonder why :rolleyes:

ive used the blues brothers theme before; that song is too catchy!

p.s. going up to New hampshire with a good friends of mine (chuck3) so maybe we'll do some team but nothing is set in stone yet hahah
----Dan-----

lost in thought or lost in a field... either way send a search party

i fly what i can and stare at what i cant.

#26 Aerochic

Aerochic

Revadelic

• Forum Member
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 06:38 AM

i tried to fly to some metallica...

"Orion" works really nice for a slow build to fast. :ani_punk:

Better Living Through Rev Flying...

Rev Themed Ts & Goodies: http://www.zazzle.co...ckarts/clothing
Aerostakes: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeshockArts
Rev Galleries: http://www.revkites....=user&user=1408
Flickr Pics: http://www.flickr.co...s/16896184@N05/

#27 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 08:09 AM

Just had an hour at my usual spot at the beach infested by kite borders.. flew my blast .. aggressively .. to an album of punk classics (clash, pistols, x-ray specs, strangler and buzzcocks) ... opened up a space big enough to play in and then switched to a vented B and some chill out tracks ...... from now on I am naming my playlists by kite :)

#28 bartman

bartman

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 11:02 AM

Well, here's one for you from someone who can pretty much manage only forward flight and the occassional hover. I hear some songs that seem to create visions of the kite in the sky (mostly doing what I can't do right now) and I thought it was odd I would do this. I tend to get impressions from songs that tell a story either abstract or more direct. Currently if I hear Count on Me by Default I can see three or so Revs in the sky.

The one song I can no longer stand to even hear is Stairway to Heaven. I know iQuad uses this and it was fine at first, but the local radio station plays this 4 times a day so I never want to hear it again and that includes if iQuad ever comes back here. IT IS BANNED. :wacko:

Bart

#29 Simon

Simon

Rev Legend

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 01:30 PM

Over the years I flew to a number of pieces in competition.
The one scoring the highest with the judges was:
- It's oh so quiet - Bjork
At EuroCup 1997 in Cervia Italy I did score considerably higher then Carl Robertshaw in ballet.
The public in general did not care that much for it but they really liked:
- Over the Rainbow - Barbara Streisand
To the music I flew a rainbow colored REV I with 6 rainbow colored tails, each 15mtr(50ft) long.
I was told I was on television a few times in Germany, Switzerland, Italy and Malaysia. I only saw the German one.

Another piece which I flew pairs with was:
- Dual of the Fates - Star wars

For fun easy flying I always liked various pieces from Vangelis.

Ok I think its now safe to let this one out of the bag, 96/97 I was flying Pairs to Its Oh So Quiet :-) & All the Uk judges would have been very familiar with the music, Oh and I judged Euro Cup Cervia ;-)

But the main thing is that is a ballet piece of music, it just ticks all the boxes. And john has made a second even more important point. Who are you doing the ballet for, Crowd or judges. unless the scoring condition have changed greatly one wont work for the other. And dont forget those who have a routine that is flown with music on the PA, to quote 2 & a 1/2 Men "You Know What I mean"

Hate it or Hate it my choice is Frogs Chorus, and now Hindi Diamonds

(V Hard but Fun... Its only a ballet when there are no calls !!)

The Flying Squad

Posted Image

#30 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 04:11 PM

Just had an hour at my usual spot at the beach infested by kite borders.. flew my blast .. aggressively .. to an album of punk classics (clash, pistols, x-ray specs, strangler and buzzcocks) ... opened up a space big enough to play in and then switched to a vented B and some chill out tracks ...... from now on I am naming my playlists by kite :)

Thats it i'm moving to the UK, The power blast AND punk combination was too much to resist :kid_devlish:
Jim,
Ft. Taber Park & Brenton Point

Rev's are like a carbon framed out-of-body experience

Posted Image

#31 Simon

Simon

Rev Legend

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 12:48 AM

Thats it i'm moving to the UK, The power blast AND punk combination was too much to resist :kid_devlish:

Yeah but you'll have to put up with the Frogs Chorus too !!!

Now sing after me, sung to the the tune of Luck be a Lady Tonight (Another LummasHoathLummas Classic Tune :-)

"Cant get it out of my head,"
Just can't get it out of my head
Sometimes I wish I was dead...."

The Flying Squad

Posted Image

#32 Love2fly

Love2fly

All Revved up... where do you want to fly?

• Forum Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 01:26 PM

That's a tough thing to narrow down. I have a broad variety in the iPOD, but I can't narrow down a piece to fly a routine to for competing. .... it's been something I've been talking about for days....
Laura

*** Any day flying is a good day; have a great one! 
**** REVS: Fly it, you'll like it!
***** L.S.P. ... It's worth the trip!

Posted Image

#33 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 10:51 PM

That's a tough thing to narrow down. I have a broad variety in the iPOD, but I can't narrow down a piece to fly a routine to for competing. .... it's been something I've been talking about for days....

For the competition side you need to search for a piece that you can fly to that shows everything that can be done or you can do with a REV.
It needs to be something where there is a definite change in the rhythm. You can also create your own cut by piecing several different pieces together, however that should flow smoothly from one to the next. Seems to me there is something in the rules on the latter.
One of the first to really master this technique was Stefen Furter from Switzerland in dual line. Guido Maiocchi from Italy also did a great combo for quads.
You might be able to find their ballets on the internet somewhere.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#34 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 09:32 PM

When I get a mp3 player I'll have every song Pink Floyd put out. Every wind, kite and mood is covered. Phil Collins, Kenny G :blushing: , and Marilyn Manson will be on there too.

Dean

#35 SkyPuppet

SkyPuppet

Reveller

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:30 PM

..... Close your eyes, the sun is shining on your back, there is a gentle 8 MPH wind blowing and you have just turned on your iPod and you are selecting the supreme flying track. What is it? Of course you can only play one track, so you are limited to one choice (although you are allowed to change your mind at a later date!).

Oh, and my ideal track, the one Hippy Chippy played on the drive home, was Groove Armarda ' At The River'.

Completely UNFAIR to ask for just one supreme flying track Posted Image even with the ability to change my mind later!! It kind of depends on the kite that's up, the setup, and how I'm trying to fly it at the time....
Very hard to choose here. The conditions you have described have been foreign to me (mostly) since October. And, any single song here feels weird to call supreme.

Following the criteria laid out above, I guess it would (currently) have to be standard sail, 3 wrap frame, on the 120's, listening to "My Curse" by Killswitch Engage.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Have Rev, Will Travel

My YouTube Channel - Thanks for watching smile.png

#36 mbro

mbro

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:41 PM

I've never competed, but I've often listened to alot of songs that I thought would be good. I like a lot of Instramentals when I'm flying, Most are to long I think,but Joe Satriani" If I could Fly", Pink Floyd "Terminal Frost", Ace Freley"Fractured",Joe Walsh" Theme from Boat Weirdos", Mannheim Steamroller" Mere Image" I like alot of variety. Just My 2 Cent.:)

Michael
"But now, we are free. We are up; we are off..."

#37 B-13

B-13

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:04 PM

Interesting thread here :)

Listening while flying was not much my thing before when i flew only duals though am always listening to music elsewhere..driving, home, office, bathroom, cooking..EVERYWHERE!! Posted Image
Now being on Revs since the past month, cannot fly without it..i thing being more stable and able to control it to the exact beat makes things different.

On some long lines 120' even if i fly alone, it will be some warm and soft Lounge Cafe del Mar, Buddha Bars, etc but this is rare

Shorter lines 50' where i fly everyday on a field near the office, it would be Armin Van Buuren podcasts and some Progressive trance music...kite is more responsive due to shorter lines and movements are more rapid and aggressive too.

Then when i fly on normal 85' lines, it will be reggae music..Roots Rock Reggae Posted Image Some S.O.J.A, Groundation, Israel Vibration..the good stuff

But i really appreciate Jazz and classic music but till now have not been able to fly with them

#38 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:13 AM

Indoors, just about anything Clapton!! Posted Image

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#39 LS Kite Stakes

LS Kite Stakes

Make it Custom!

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:37 AM

One I have had fun with lately is March of the Artemites, by Planet P Project.............

Cool shots of lightning too...... :sign_kitelife:
LS Custom Kite Accessories

Maker of the Original Marble Kite Stake
And Revolution Snagless Pro Handles
http://www.Kitestakes.com

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users