26 replies to this topic

#21 LS Kite Stakes

LS Kite Stakes

Make it Custom!

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 07:57 PM

The Lincoln City festival was fun, and I am going to call it a success with the kite stakes. I was not allowed to set up a table and actively sell them, so I relied on word of mouth and sold 8 stakes. I can now officially say that iQuad are using the marble stakes! Hopefully John, Steve or Bazzer will give us a picture with the stake they bought.
LS Custom Kite Accessories

Maker of the Original Marble Kite Stake
And Revolution Snagless Pro Handles
http://www.Kitestakes.com

Posted Image

#22 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 08:09 PM

I bought one today in Lincoln City. In the newest pic of the rack of stakes, I got a white one with the orange swirl. Matches my B perfectly. I'll get a picture of them together tomorrow. Beautiful stakes both in looks and craftmanship. Never seen a stake that looks like the maker really took time to put it together. ?, they come with a kind of warrenty don't they Walt? Thank you for making the stake I just had to have as soon as I saw it. :kid_devlish:

Great flying with ya, hope to do it again soon.

Dean

#23 bartman

bartman

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 09:17 PM

I really like the blue ones. Might need to see about one of them myself. How are they secured to the stake? I have the "golf ball" variety right now. Not too special, but no chance of it coming apart either.

Bart

#24 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 09:27 PM

I really like the blue ones. Might need to see about one of them myself. How are they secured to the stake? I have the "golf ball" variety right now. Not too special, but no chance of it coming apart either.

Bart

The golf ball stake was the one I retired today. It took 15 years, but the glue broke and Walt's stakes are not only cool as hell, but they really look high end. I think of them as the stake only a person with the average count of Rev's could afford. I almost feel rich having one.

Dean

#25 LS Kite Stakes

LS Kite Stakes

Make it Custom!

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:34 AM

I will repair any stake that comes apart, no problem. The marble is bonded to the aluminum cup with JB Weld epoxy. The prototype stake has been severely abused just to make sure it is a bond that is TOUGH! Ask Steve De Rooy of iQuad, he saw me throw it at a log on the beach as hard as I could, it hit with enough force to bend the 1/4 inch steel rod, and the marble stayed stuck. I have also hammered the marble on a wood board repeatedly, stuck it into hard earth as far as I could and yanked it out, trying to generally thrash it.
LS Custom Kite Accessories

Maker of the Original Marble Kite Stake
And Revolution Snagless Pro Handles
http://www.Kitestakes.com

Posted Image

#26 quaa714

quaa714

REVular poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 04:45 AM

just bought mine off of Ebay!
very psyched to see it up close and personal.

"Cya in the Sand!....."

"Slack lines are fine lines!"

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" BD
"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain" BM
av-1950.jpg

#27 Revkitedancer

Revkitedancer
  • Forum Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 05:08 AM

I bought one... Not sure where I'll use it. Somewhere where I have as spotter to help keep an eye on it so I don't loose it, especially in soft sand.

I've been using a regular kite stake and a caribean (sp) for a dog stake. Steve or someone holds down the stake so it doesn't come out. Steve says it gets hot as heck.

Walt, If I find a small caribean that will work on the base, do you think it will hold up?

BB Penny ~who would be testing the warranty to the max.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users