#41 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 07:48 AM

Something needs to ...

Very true. I was hoping to learn something about it from you, but have had to resort to changing my handles ;)
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

Knowledge: The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify.

#42 play365

play365

The Flying Squad

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 08:43 AM

I didn't know I wanted any until a few minutes ago!

I was eating a ham sandwich looking at your SLEs on the kitchen table, and it suddenly occurred to me how much an SLE looked the same size as 15mm pipe. Next thing I know, I have a set of light wind handles - and it's really windy today too - weird! Then I suddenly discovered I had just bought a abstract rev design on a hoodie. The subversive power cafe press on a revaholic I guess.

Now I wonder if they will make my light wind flying any better? Hummm.

So you've cut them down to make some handles then ? :blue_sad:
GARY

Posted Image

#43 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 08:45 AM

No you are OK. I used a spare RevI SLE. Yours are still waiting to be packed up and posted when I can.
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

#44 play365

play365

The Flying Squad

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:37 AM

No you are OK. I used a spare RevI SLE. Yours are still waiting to be packed up and posted when I can.

Jolly good ....and just what would your preference to the old vino be ? Red I guess but from which continent/country ( I have a nice little number from Aus at the mo Tyrrells wine)
GARY

Posted Image

#45 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:43 AM

Well seeing as you ask, I am rather partial to Pomerol. A lovely wine, but not too strong so you don't fall over after a bottle. Out of choice Romanee Conti would go down nicely ;) But it could be argued that 200 minimum in bond may be a bit excessive

However you have helped out with beers at festivals, so honestly don't worry about it
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

#46 play365

play365

The Flying Squad

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:48 AM

Well seeing as you ask, I am rather partial to Pomerol. A lovely wine, but not too strong so you don't fall over after a bottle. Out of choice Romanee Conti would go down nicely ;) But it could be argued that 200 minimum in bond may be a bit excessive

However you have helped out with beers at festivals, so honestly don't worry about it

Did I..................................................blimey keep it under ya hat don't want that sort of thing to get out :big_beer: :big_beer:
GARY

Posted Image

#47 bake

bake
  • Forum Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 08:14 PM

OK next question, what if you had say 18 or so full SLE's more than enough to keep 1 set in the bag.

Now what would you do ??

Sell me a set, I broke a rod tonight and know it's gonna take some time to get race rods up here to the ice floes, that way I will have some spares... how much do you want for a set?
What could possibly go wrong?

#48 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 08:29 PM

Sell me a set, I broke a rod tonight and know it's gonna take some time to get race rods up here to the ice floes, that way I will have some spares... how much do you want for a set?

I'd try and find a shop up there it would probably cost more to send them to you then what they are worth.

Let us know how you make out there are a few on here from BC that may steer you in the right direction.

BTW SLE rods are the 1/2" thick broom poles are those what you want ?? seems like you are looking for 1/4"
Jim,
Ft. Taber Park & Brenton Point

Rev's are like a carbon framed out-of-body experience

Posted Image

#49 bake

bake
  • Forum Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:34 AM

BTW SLE rods are the 1/2" thick broom poles are those what you want ?? seems like you are looking for 1/4"

Mine has the 1/2'" rods and they say ultralight. I was shocked to see one snaped being as it appeared to break in flight (I thought the end cap had poped off) I will pick up some race rods soon as possible but was hopeing to get a replacment stock rod so I am always able to fly.

Are the 1/4" better as spares?

#50 TimW

TimW

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:40 PM

You could always donate them to me ;)
I'm always tinkering with things to get them just right for me
(a hint & a hope in the same post haha)
Finally getting my own back on the wind, after being pushed around by it for years.

#51 LS Kite Stakes

LS Kite Stakes

Make it Custom!

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:29 AM

If cost is a factor, you could get a 3 wrap center and 2 ends. (the ends are the same length as the down spars) That will get you started with a 1/4" LE. You will find that a Rev will be much more controllable and no where near as jumpy with a 1/4" frame, and it will reduce the pull as well. It will reduce the amount of wind needed to fly, but won't make you a light wind guru, yet. Only practice and experience will do that. The most common reason a LE will snap in flight is from damage from a previous encounter with a hard object, especially the SLE.
LS Custom Kite Accessories

Maker of the Original Marble Kite Stake
And Revolution Snagless Pro Handles
http://www.Kitestakes.com

Posted Image

#52 bake

bake
  • Forum Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:38 AM

The spent rods make excellent tailbooms for radio controled sailplanes.

#53 bake

bake
  • Forum Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:39 AM

If cost is a factor, you could get a 3 wrap center and 2 ends. (the ends are the same length as the down spars) That will get you started with a 1/4" LE. You will find that a Rev will be much more controllable and no where near as jumpy with a 1/4" frame, and it will reduce the pull as well. It will reduce the amount of wind needed to fly, but won't make you a light wind guru, yet. Only practice and experience will do that. The most common reason a LE will snap in flight is from damage from a previous encounter with a hard object, especially the SLE.

That is the route I am going to go plus a spare 1/2" outboard rod.

#54 SkyPuppet

SkyPuppet

Reveller

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:20 AM

I have a Bowflex exercise machine; I think a SLE would fix a busted 30# rod -

100026.jpg

Posted Image

Have Rev, Will Travel

My YouTube Channel - Thanks for watching smile.png

#55 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:01 AM

A new use for SLE's!!! How many do you need?? Posted Image

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#56 tommylurvebus

tommylurvebus

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:06 AM

My 2 young daughters 3 and 18months have a habit of chasing each other around the house and trying to hit each other with my race rods. It would be so much safer if they used SLE s , much less likely to break !
tommy harrison

#57 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:24 AM

My 2 young daughters 3 and 18months have a habit of chasing each other around the house and trying to hit each other with my race rods. It would be so much safer if they used SLE s , much less likely to brake !

Not to mention expensive!!! Posted Image Put them away and leave out some good ole SLE's!!Posted Image

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#58 SkyPuppet

SkyPuppet

Reveller

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:29 AM

My 2 young daughters 3 and 18months have a habit of chasing each other around the house and trying to hit each other with my race rods. It would be so much safer if they used SLE s , much less likely to brake !

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
I wish I wasn't eating cereal when I read this; I laughed so hard I spit cereal all over the place.

Have Rev, Will Travel

My YouTube Channel - Thanks for watching smile.png

#59 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:24 PM

Not to mention expensive!!! Posted Image Put them away and leave out some good ole SLE's!!Posted Image

and pad the tips while your at it.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#60 stevepigeon

stevepigeon

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:19 PM

if anyone has any they are never gonna use again please let me know i would be willing to purchase i need about 20 rods for a really big box kite im makeing and rev sle would be the best because they are strong and light thanks steve
Steve & Sherri

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users