Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:11 AM

This one gives you a good idea of the number of lines involved

http://www.flickr.co...N08/2811573753/

Hearing some of his great stories I'm amazed that Ben resisted the temptation to cause havoc!

All at 'C*****/M*****/T*****/Meeting House'.

Was it really 4 miles.

Felix

#22 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:20 AM

Choccy are you standing in a wabbit hole in that pic? :lol:

#23 Guest_groz_*

Guest_groz_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:28 AM

Choccy are you standing in a wabbit hole in that pic? :lol:

No - we were all standing on the Wabbits :D :D

#24 Choccy

Choccy

Occasion-al Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:40 AM

Jonesey> like you can talk, being funsized yourself *tease* ;)

yeah blasted wabbit holes!
1 of the 47.

#25 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:43 AM

Jonesey> like you can talk, being funsized yourself *tease* ;)

Thats a bit personal .... I only changed my trousers in front of you once and it was a chilly day :blushing:

#26 Choccy

Choccy

Occasion-al Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:47 AM

Thats a bit personal .... I only changed my trousers in front of you once and it was a chilly day :blushing:

:blushing:

that's not what I meant, and you know it!

(funsized as in height) :P
1 of the 47.

#27 play365

play365

The Flying Squad

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 09:10 AM

We must hold some sorta ,Endurance Record atleast.
Havent watched the mega team record holders vid but i bet they didnt have to,
Navigate From the area they started and set up.Had to walk 500yds flying into the arena,dodge kids,dogs,stalls,flagpoles,Hurdle a pram.bad ground, the arena rope,and then hold the kite aloft for another 30mins[if not more] .While the commentry explained the history of the Rev,Quads,kites and his brothers dog :lol: .[he was very good btw and i enjoyed his knowledge and voice all day] he also loved his own voice unfortunetly,just as a few began to want to shoot him :rolleyes:
I was diying for a wizz[wee,slash,],my neck was broke through constantly looking for the top of my head[watching the kite at window top] and was glowing lobster red with sunburn.Needing a smoke or twelve.
Popeye couldnt have held his arms up over his head any longer than us even after a spinich binge.Dehidration was also a factor as the beeds of swet ran from the brow into the eyes.
I put my kite aloft at 12.50 and put it down well gone 2.00, exhausted,a nervous wreck,burnt,bladder the size of a basket ball,and my hands are fix in the, hold handles position still.

A GREAT EXPERIANCE.One i wouldnt have missed for anything.Great effort by all.Lets hope Chris Tarrant can make some use of the Videos for his show :lol: .

Should have done the job at Portsmouth to make sure we did the record.We had enough pilots.Im still puzzled why we didnt.

BRIAN...

Well matey ( as you bottled out on Sunday) we had to do it all again and again and again .........lol it was a good laugh :lol: :lol: oh and I didnt crash ?? :P
GARY

Posted Image

#28 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 09:35 AM

Im so Jellous Gary,but i had my orders and had to leave[kids and school].Very reluctantly and with a heavy hart[or kite bag].I will fly 24/7 in any weather ,with anyone.I didnt crash BTW,i was cut from the heavens by a maverick pilot who did appolagise.I just didnt understand a word they both said :lol: :lol: :lol:.Did my usual trick,agree with them and smile.

Great talking with ya again,see ya soon with some luck and planning.

BE GOOD

BRIAN...

#29 Hezz

Hezz

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:19 AM

By the way Big Bri, how much did you pay for that number plate or shouldn't I ask!! :blue-cool:

Hezz

#30 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:57 AM

By the way Big Bri, how much did you pay for that number plate or shouldn't I ask!! :blue-cool:

Hezz

You can talk!

How are your PR skills?

Felix

#31 Fraser

Fraser

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 11:21 AM

yep John you are corect but unfortunately although they were all up for 5 - 10 minutes no record as few/no team evolutions achieved :(

I'd have to dosagree with you there, Jezza. Holding a pretty damn good grid for '5-10mins' - especially in that breeze is every bit as much of a challenge as a mexican wave. If a single line of 48 doing a 'wave' is a record, then 55 (or 54) holding a grid most definitely is.

Fraser

#32 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 11:22 AM

Hezz

The Love of my life[none kite related]bought it for me about 3 years ago.Thanks to my pal Neil Edwards also having a goodn.That gave Debbie[my wife]the idea[K17ERX]
A few folk in the Northern kite group kept taking the mick outa me and my WONDERFULL NORTHERN TWANG[like Garys twang] .Notably the way i said kites,or Kiyts was the way i said it.I had to keep repeeting myself when i said stuff like ,,those are lovely kiyts,,whos are those kiyts.

What did he just say,lovely what,nice what did ya say.

Hence ,,,,,K1YTS,,,,,as thats the way we say it in Wigan.

I beleive it was 1000ish,but the thought was priceless and my usual, stupid,big soft grin as i stuck it on the car brought joy beyond words.Still does.
Im a lucky fella,i know.Its a bit,inya face,posey,but looks kewl i reckon,and big bri was a fortune.

The dvla have a site Hezz, wher you can put in the make,model,and coulor of your car in .It then creates the picture of your car,in the coulor,with your plate on the car, before you buy it.Great fun.Pritty streight forward to do.
:kid_devlish: Go on Stuart,it would look proper on the front of that Cab.Thats if ya dont already have one.

BRIAN...

#33 play365

play365

The Flying Squad

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 11:26 AM

I'd have to dosagree with you there, Jezza. Holding a pretty damn good grid for '5-10mins' - especially in that breeze is every bit as much of a challenge as a mexican wave. If a single line of 48 doing a 'wave' is a record, then 55 (or 54) holding a grid most definitely is.

Fraser

Hey Fraser you ok ? not laying on ya bedroom floor ? still you got a nice sleeping bag there with you ?
GARY

Posted Image

#34 Fraser

Fraser

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 11:40 AM

Heeeeelp!

#35 Hezz

Hezz

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 02:15 PM

The dvla have a site Hezz, wher you can put in the make,model,and coulor of your car in .It then creates the picture of your car,in the coulor,with your plate on the car, before you buy it.Great fun.Pritty streight forward to do.

I knowz, ... how do you think I came up with OOO 4 HEZ! (didya see me waving bye bye to ya on the way out on Sunday morning!)

The original K17E was K17E OK (Andrew Beattie) then K17E UK (aeolian (ex-mine!) ) then everyone started off.. K17E UP, K17ER X, K17E GB, K17E RM, K17E SB, etc etc
Of course Kite Society have had K1TE A for as long as I can remember... (which must be worth a bomb in itself even if just for K1 TEA)

I wanted something to identify HEZZ :kid_smartass: and I got it! (only at the standard DVLA price)

Could've had HEZ555 (Hezz's) but at 1600 I don't think so!!! :kid_frustrated:

Anyway if it makes you smile every time you look at your car, it's well worth it!

Hezz

P.S. Did I mention I really really love your Union Jack kites!!! WOW! What a fab design, love the grey 'folds', truly stunning!

#36 Simon

Simon

Rev Legend

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 02:58 PM

I knowz, ... how do you think I came up with OOO 4 HEZ! (didya see me waving bye bye to ya on the way out on Sunday morning!)

The original K17E was K17E OK (Andrew Beattie) then K17E UK (aeolian (ex-mine!) ) then everyone started off.. K17E UP, K17ER X, K17E GB, K17E RM, K17E SB, etc etc
Of course Kite Society have had K1TE A for as long as I can remember... (which must be worth a bomb in itself even if just for K1 TEA)

I wanted something to identify HEZZ :kid_smartass: and I got it! (only at the standard DVLA price)

Anyway if it makes you smile every time you look at your car, it's well worth it!

Hezz

P.S. Did I mention I really really love your Union Jack kites!!! WOW! What a fab design, love the grey 'folds', truly stunning!

I'm still looking for REV 15 or REV 1 or REV 11 or REV 2

I did see K1TE X a few years back, but was poor at the time :kid_cussing:

The Flying Squad

Posted Image

#37 Love2fly

Love2fly

All Revved up... where do you want to fly?

• Forum Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:08 PM

Or we could ALL come to wildwood and try to double it :)

now that would be fun and at least we might have a fighting chance of some decent weather ... its foggy and raining here in Bristol this morning with a forcast of thunder storms .... glad I'm heading back home and not spending the day sheltering in tents...

Let's do it! :kid_devlish:
Laura

*** Any day flying is a good day; have a great one! 
**** REVS: Fly it, you'll like it!
***** L.S.P. ... It's worth the trip!

Posted Image

#38 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:01 PM

Hezz

Yip,i did seeya wave Hezz.Sorry i didnt get a kiss from ya and a chance to say bye bye inperson :blushing: :blue-love: .I only realised after we had past though,or my son did.I did stick my arm out and wave like my sleeve was on fire .Infact i didnt get mi arm back in until the M5.The look of puzzlement on some folks faces was funny.Ya can imagine what they must have been wondering seeing us go the wrong way.Thanks Hezz for your help and Stuart for his help also.Infact,give him a big kiss from me :blue-grin: .
The U J Bazzer i cant take any credit for,but your correct.Its a stunner.Another big stupid grin thing going on with that kite,with any kites if im honest,but Bazzers stuff is a bit special.Have to thank Big Ben for putting up with me being cheeky and pestering them to make it.Dave B jumped in and had one made also.
Till next time,be good and keep flying and smileing

BRIAN...

#39 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 11:28 AM

Fraser

Actually I think the man may have a point here. I have to say I wouldn't be happy, claiming holding 54 kites in a grid as a record, the whole point of a Rev is "it moves" if you want static then go slk. Where I do agree with Fraser is in questioning the validity of a Mexican Wave, were all the kites in the air at the same time, I can't remember was the wave in the air or did it run along the ground?
Stone in Shoe Bob

It's Good to Share the Joy.

#40 monkey

monkey

Rev Guru

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 01:17 PM

Here's my two pence on it...

While the holding up of 54 was somewhat shortlived, the amount of time spent with "more than 49" was easily over 5 minutes. Regardless, any further bumping up of numbers would have to use a grid format from now on, as it was said, the bar has been raised significantly as to what one can expect with a megafly.

Quite possibly one of the most intense fly experiences I've ever had, it was great and looked stunning.
David Hathaway, Revisionist
-~ REVisions
-~ www.simian-studios.ca
-~ www.teamiquad.com
Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users