40 replies to this topic

#1 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:12 AM

54 (or was it 55) made it into the air ..... Briefly!!

Horrible breeze made it a struggle to start with and then an even lighter patch 'spooked the herd' and brought about a premature end..... more breeze forecast tomorrow hopefully but unfortunately (for me!) I wont be there so good luck guys and girls ...

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_4869.JPG

#2 jay

jay

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 03:00 PM

Looks like 55 To me well done all
Sorry can't be with you tomorrow either

A Couple of pics here

http://www.revkites....u...m&album=186
Tight Lines
Jade

http://www.kiteworld.co.uk/

#3 RAWVEEDA

RAWVEEDA

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 04:21 PM

Wow! Now that is a picture. Congratulations. I guess the Wildwood crew has a lot of catch up work to do now :)
Posted Image

#4 Love2fly

Love2fly

All Revved up... where do you want to fly?

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:35 PM

I have to agree with Steve; great photos and a great looking event! I'd love to see Wildwood at least match the records set by you all (either one :kid_smartass: ) next year.
Laura

*** Any day flying is a good day; have a great one! 
**** REVS: Fly it, you'll like it!
***** L.S.P. ... It's worth the trip!

Posted Image

#5 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:57 PM

I have to agree with Steve; great photos and a great looking event! I'd love to see Wildwood at least match the records set by you all (either one :kid_smartass: ) next year.

Or we could ALL come to wildwood and try to double it :)

now that would be fun and at least we might have a fighting chance of some decent weather ... its foggy and raining here in Bristol this morning with a forcast of thunder storms .... glad I'm heading back home and not spending the day sheltering in tents...

#6 Ant-

Ant-

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 01:17 AM

Well done to everyone - they were certainly challenging conditions and it's a shame that the 'performance' couldn't go ahead after such a flawless one at Portsmouth - but getting 8 more kites in the air was a crowning achievement!

I've got a bunch of photos & video to get up asap (only just finished last weeks!!)

Hope you have it better today- sometimes the best days start out the worst! (fog & not a breath of wind here in Oxford!)

Ant

#7 Ant-

Ant-

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 02:13 AM

Photos posted here http://www.revkites....?showtopic=1565

Ant

#8 quaa714

quaa714

REVular poster

• Forum Member
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 03:38 AM

[quote name='Jonesey' date='Aug 31 2008, 03:57 AM' post='28386']
Or we could ALL come to wildwood and try to double it :)

Well, c'mon down!!!!!!!!!!
The weather is here........wiush you were fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :kid_smartass: :kid_smartass: :kid_smartass: :kid_smartass:
A group of us is getting together there this morning.

"Cya in the Sand!....."

"Slack lines are fine lines!"

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" BD
"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain" BM
av-1950.jpg

#9 Takashi Akutsu

Takashi Akutsu
  • Forum Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 01:18 PM

Horrible breeze made it a struggle to start with and then an even lighter patch 'spooked the herd' and brought about a premature end..... more breeze forecast tomorrow hopefully but unfortunately (for me!) I wont be there so good luck guys and girls ...

Congratulations.

TBFP2008 is waiting for your participation.

A target this year is exceeding 60 sets.

#10 Aerochic

Aerochic

Revadelic

• Forum Member
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 01:40 PM

Wow! Now that is a picture. Congratulations. I guess the Wildwood crew has a lot of catch up work to do now :)

We're going to all have to learn to fly 2 Revs at once now!!! :doh:

Huge Congratulations to everyone who participated. How amazingly awesome!!! :clap;

Better Living Through Rev Flying...

Rev Themed Ts & Goodies: http://www.zazzle.co...ckarts/clothing
Aerostakes: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeshockArts
Rev Galleries: http://www.revkites....=user&user=1408
Flickr Pics: http://www.flickr.co...s/16896184@N05/

#11 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,401 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 02:33 PM

It is exactly 54.
I used the Photoshop CS3 Extended "count tool" to mark each with a sequential number.
That would be 9 columns of 6 REVs each.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#12 Yippiee

Yippiee

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 08:56 PM

Hi all - I'm new to the Rev family - that's a great feat and pic. I hope to join in one day soon to help make some history.

John, you have some great pictures.
"I've never met a person that doesn't enjoy a kite dancin on a breeze" Yippiee - Mike

My Photo Gallery

#13 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:06 PM

yep John you are corect but unfortunately although they were all up for 5 - 10 minutes no record as few/no team evolutions achieved :(
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

Knowledge: The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify.

#14 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 11:12 PM

Alright, come to Newport Oregon, USA and we can put this to rest. World record and we could all meet each other. With wind from the west(off the ocean) there would be no question. I could even get in to add another Rev. Rev 1, but I'd keep up.Enough housing for everyone, cheap and right on the beach to fly.
IQuad clinic in Victoria :kid_brooding:

#15 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 11:38 PM

We must hold some sorta ,Endurance Record atleast.
Havent watched the mega team record holders vid but i bet they didnt have to,
Navigate From the area they started and set up.Had to walk 500yds flying into the arena,dodge kids,dogs,stalls,flagpoles,Hurdle a pram.bad ground, the arena rope,and then hold the kite aloft for another 30mins[if not more] .While the commentry explained the history of the Rev,Quads,kites and his brothers dog :lol: .[he was very good btw and i enjoyed his knowledge and voice all day] he also loved his own voice unfortunetly,just as a few began to want to shoot him :rolleyes:
I was diying for a wizz[wee,slash,],my neck was broke through constantly looking for the top of my head[watching the kite at window top] and was glowing lobster red with sunburn.Needing a smoke or twelve.
Popeye couldnt have held his arms up over his head any longer than us even after a spinich binge.Dehidration was also a factor as the beeds of swet ran from the brow into the eyes.
I put my kite aloft at 12.50 and put it down well gone 2.00, exhausted,a nervous wreck,burnt,bladder the size of a basket ball,and my hands are fix in the, hold handles position still.

A GREAT EXPERIANCE.One i wouldnt have missed for anything.Great effort by all.Lets hope Chris Tarrant can make some use of the Videos for his show :lol:.

Should have done the job at Portsmouth to make sure we did the record.We had enough pilots.Im still puzzled why we didnt.

BRIAN...

#16 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 11:55 PM

We must hold some sorta ,Endurance Record atleast.
Havent watched the mega team record holders vid but i bet they didnt have to,
Navigate From the area they started and set up.Had to walk 500yds flying into the arena,dodge kids,dogs,stalls,flagpoles,Hurdle a pram.bad ground, the arena rope,and then hold the kite aloft for another 30mins[if not more] .While the commentry explained the history of the Rev,Quads,kites and his brothers dog :lol: .[he was very good btw and i enjoyed his knowledge and voice all day] he also loved his own voice unfortunetly,just as a few began to want to shoot him :rolleyes:
I was diying for a wizz[wee,slash,],my neck was broke through constantly looking for the top of my head[watching the kite at window top] and was glowing lobster red with sunburn.Needing a smoke or twelve.
Popeye couldnt have held his arms up over his head any longer than us even after a spinich binge.Dehidration was also a factor as the beeds of swet ran from the brow into the eyes.
I put my kite aloft at 12.50 and put it down well gone 2.00, exhausted,a nervous wreck,burnt,bladder the size of a basket ball,and my hands are fix in the, hold handles position still.

A GREAT EXPERIANCE.One i wouldnt have missed for anything.Great effort by all.Lets hope Chris Tarrant can make some use of the Videos for his show :lol: .

Should have done the job at Portsmouth to make sure we did the record.We had enough pilots.Im still puzzled why we didnt.

BRIAN...

ROTFPMPL. You forgot the bit about falling down rabbit holes! I understand three people still have their ankles strapped up from the injuries sustained!

Popeye couldnt have held his arms up over his head any longer than us even after a spinich binge.

You are right - I tried and failed. By Sunday I was all "rev'ed" out.
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

Knowledge: The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify.

#17 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 12:12 AM

My attention span needs work mate.Without Hezz at the side off me, i was snookered ;) .Thanks also to Stuart[remembered this time] for untangling me and Ian also,cheers fellas.Thanks to the 2 that took my lines and made it the worst 10mins of my life :lol: :lol: :lol: .I must learn Dutch and Portugues for next year.Then i can jam a little Longer.

BRIAN...

#18 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 12:21 AM

My attention span needs work mate.Without Hezz at the side off me, i was snookered ;) .Thanks also to Stuart[remembered this time] for untangling me and Ian also,cheers fellas.Thanks to the 2 that took my lines and made it the worst 10mins of my life :lol: :lol: :lol: .I must learn Dutch and Portugues for next year.Then i can jam a little Longer.

BRIAN...

I hear you Bri ... 'wrap to ball' has a whole new meaning now having seen some of the tangles on Saturday :lol:

Personally I would just like to thank Ikea Bristol for not having the items in stock that Mrs J would have claimed as recompense for 2 weekends of kite widowing and iQuad hosting ... na´vely I am thinking I might have got away lightly ....

When can we do it all again?

#19 david ellison

david ellison

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:06 AM

This one gives you a good idea of the number of lines involved

http://www.flickr.co...N08/2811573753/

Hearing some of his great stories I'm amazed that Ben resisted the temptation to cause havoc!

#20 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:51 AM

Great pick Dave.I have a new laptop background now,TAH :) .

C ya soon mate.nice to chat with ya again.Glad the arm/showder got better.

Dont forget the RABBITS.... :lol:

BRIAN...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users