• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 John UK

John UK
  • Forum Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 10:03 AM

Hi I am trying to find out what line strengths I need for Rev Kites

I currently fly an Experience and just recently purchased but yet to fly,  Supersonic. I have been looking over the site but cannot find a reference to poundage for the Supersonic, or any others.

Living in the UK we seem to be limited to line lengths and lb’s but will try my best to get NON Stretch 30m and 40m lines. Stretchy lines are just pointless to use anyway.

I am aware of this site found in another Forum Topic. http://www.kitesandmore.co.uk/ sell lines in the UK. Hoping they will have what I need.

Hope you can help

Regards

John UK

#2 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 11:08 AM

Rev shipps their Supersonics with 150# 85' lines as standard.  You can vary this of course to your personal taste.  The sonic is fast and has some pretty good pull in winds over 12 mph. I wouldn't recommend going any lighter than 150#.  Anything from 150# to 200# should be just fine.  Heavier than 200# is not necessary.

Purchase a good quality Spectra line.  Shanti and Laser Pro Gold are usually the preferred line to use by most pilots.

If line is difficult to get in your area, you may be better off purchasing the line in bulk spools.  It is a lot less expensive in bulk and you will be able to get quite a few sets out of it.  Custom lenghts are easier to get that way as well.  We have full stock of Shanti line in bulk and can ship overseas to you if you can't find anyone in your area to get some from.

Hope this helps.

#3 John UK

John UK
  • Forum Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 08:54 AM

Thanks for the reply, have ordered a set of lines. Interesting that REV kites come with lines now, never knew that.

#4 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 11:01 AM

Rev has always made lines available with their kites, it depends on how the shop is ordering them.  Revolution supplies their kites with Kite only (Kite and bag) or Kite only with handles, or complete with kite, bag, handles, lines and DVD.

Some shops prefer to order kite & handles only and supply their own linesets.  This allows them to have a more customized package for their customers but unfortunatly some shops will supply a lower quality line to make a few extra bucks.  Do some checking with the shop and find out which line is being supplied and you will be able to make a better purchase decision when you order.  Always ask for a high quality spectra line with your Revs, it makes them fly ooh so much bettah!!!  :P Shanti and Laser Pro are my personal favorites, I wouldnt settle for less.

Hope this helps.

#5 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 10:52 PM

I agree completely... LaserPro is my 1st choice, Shanti in a very close 2nd... It does make a HUGE difference. ;)

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

President - American Kitefliers Association

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#6 woody65

woody65
  • Forum Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 01:43 AM

Living in the UK we seem to be limited to line lengths and lb’s but will try my best to get NON Stretch 30m and 40m lines. Stretchy lines are just pointless to use anyway.

Try Emkay

We use 50lb and 80lb in competition.

Where abouts in the UK are you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users