Rev 1.5 SLE with EXP leading edge

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 steve_hobart

steve_hobart
  • Forum Member
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 01:56 AM

So for I have been flying my 2007 model 1.5 SLE with the SLE frame and at times the SUL frame.

Yesterday, I finally received the EXP leading edge I ordered and replaced the SLE leading edge with the EXP (leaving the 3 wrap spars in place).

I must say it made a huge difference both in bottom end wind range and controllability. Thanks to everyone who reccomended it.

I guess that with hindsight I should have gone directly to the B-series purchase, rather than the second hand 1.5 SLE, + SUL frame + EXP leading edge purchase.......

But, now I have got what I have got - I am actually very happy with this sail and my various frame options.......

Now, mid vent would be good as I have noticed that in higher winds (even with the SLE leading edge) the kite has a lot of pull and is more difficult to do precise moves with (eg: stop start rotations)....

Hey, maybe when I get a few more dollars!!

I have been flying my revs now exclusively for around 2 months now......I have this fear that my dual line skills are dropping off.....too many kites, not enough time....!!

Having great fun with Revs though - now all I need is another person down here who flys them.......

cheers

steve

#2 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 02:48 AM

The 1/4" leading edge is the best thing you could do with an SLE. As you have found, you will not be disappointed.

Not sure of your kite bag, but I would tend to put the vented ahead of the semi-vented in priority terms. Don't get me wrong, I love my new semi and it will be invaluable in mid wind conditions. But I love my vented even more! Of course I have only had the semi for 18 hours or so, so my opinion may well change as I get to know it more.....
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

Knowledge: The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify.

#3 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 06:41 AM

Now, mid vent would be good as I have noticed that in higher winds (even with the SLE leading edge) the kite has a lot of pull and is more difficult to do precise moves with (eg: stop start rotations)....

Personally I would think about going for the full vent first to get maximum wind range coverage, and leave the mid vent until you have the extremes covered.
Stone in Shoe Bob

It's Good to Share the Joy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users