7 replies to this topic

#1 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 01:22 PM

I know its not kite related,but ive no idea on the specs of Binocular.I thought with a forum full of Tinkers,Sailors,Soldiers and Spys[ya never know whos who].Someone may be able to point me in the direction of a good buy.
I have an old pair of 10 x 50 bins that are ok,but wanted to spend up to £200 max on a new pair.Will i just be replacing more or less what i have or hows my money best spent[by a new rev i know].
They will be used for general use,views of the hills,shipping,aircraft,stars, and Mrs Johnston on Sundays at no22 :kid_devlish: .

Thanks in advance

BRIAN...

#2 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 02:23 PM

So wheres no22??? :kid_devlish:

#3 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 02:31 PM

:kid_devlish: I'm sure I couldn't afford anything that would allow me to see that far. But then again.....

#4 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:01 PM

So wheres no22??? :kid_devlish:

Next door to no20 :kid_content:

BRIAN...

#5 andelscott

andelscott

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 03:42 AM

I thought with a forum full of Tinkers,Sailors,Soldiers and Spys[ya never know whos who].Someone may be able to point me in the direction of a good buy.

Canon Image Stabilising binoculars are quite popular with plane spotters as it can help when reading the registrations. Apparently they are good but eat batteries. May be outside price spec - I've not researched 'em.

HTH
Andy

#6 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 11:44 AM

It's an absolute must, try before you buy, I fancied something small and cheap (yes I am still talking about binoculars Jeremy). I wanted small because I figured if they were too bulky they would either stay at home or in the car and never go anywhere with me and they are no use if you havenít got them when you need them. I wanted cheap because I didnít want to have to get all precious about them, you know the sort of thing ďI canít take them to the beach in case the sand scratches the lensesĒ.

I went to my local Jessopís and got some expellant advice and chose a nice pair, then I made the mistake of not buying them, but went home and started dropping hints for Christmas. Santa brought me a pair from Jessopís, they looked very similar but they certainly donít feel like the ones I chose, no matter how I adjust them they really strain my eyes if I use them for more than a couples of minutes at a time.

Take you time and go to a shop where the assistant understands what heís selling, and remember Cheap & Nasty donít necessarily always go together.
Stone in Shoe Bob

It's Good to Share the Joy.

#7 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 01:19 PM

It's an absolute must, try before you buy, I fancied something small and cheap (yes I am still talking about binoculars Jeremy). I wanted small because I figured if they were too bulky they would either stay at home or in the car and never go anywhere with me and they are no use if you haven't got them when you need them. I wanted cheap because I didn't want to have to get all precious about them, you know the sort of thing "I can't take them to the beach in case the sand scratches the lenses".

I went to my local Jessop's and got some expellant advice and chose a nice pair, then I made the mistake of not buying them, but went home and started dropping hints for Christmas. Santa brought me a pair from Jessop's, they looked very similar but they certainly don't feel like the ones I chose, no matter how I adjust them they really strain my eyes if I use them for more than a couples of minutes at a time.

Take you time and go to a shop where the assistant understands what he's selling, and remember Cheap & Nasty don't necessarily always go together.

Bang on the money Bob,ive been looking for a while and changed my mind 100 times.
I finally purchased my cheep pair for in the car

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...tem370078165208.

these are the ones i am thinking about for best.More than i wanted to spend,but after trying them.I couldnt possibly buy a lower spec model they were so good.VORTEX VIPER ONES.

http://www.telescope...Binoculars.html

OR

My mate says i can use his

http://tbn0.google.c...130FB9E1D86.jpg

BRIAN...

#8 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 07:14 AM

Well,for anyone whos intrested.I hope you dont mind JB.I have put a link to the item.I am so impressed by the service and product.I havent any intrest other than recommending the guy.

My cheep bins arrive in record time.I have just set them up and let me tellya,ther superb for the money.Ive tried quite a few sets the last few weeks and these are far and above the best value for money.GREAT SERVICE,GREAT PRODUCT,at a fraction of the price that you would pay for a Branded pair.BTW[£38 including postage].ther cheep only in price btw.

Thanks to IAN I4C for the tip and heads up.

LINK BELOW.

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...e...N:IT&ih=024

BRIAN...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users