3 replies to this topic

#1 wufer

wufer

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 02:06 PM

hi wufer here from yorkshire uk. After much thought iv plumbed for an EXP.      On another site i use i was advised to buy the spars from the SLE to use at lower winds. What do you think?. Also,the EXP is only suposed to be used in winds up to 15mph;; so how do i fly in higher winds without damage or buying a vented rev, or am i just dreaming      regards   wufer              PS. any rev flyers near leeds i can call for advice

#2 Mike

Mike

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 06:25 AM

Use the spars from the *SUL* for light winds.
The EXP was my only kite for a couple years (now I have too many Revs), and I flew it up to 20 mph winds. But it wasn't that much fun; it pulled hard and was more difficult to control. You really just have to save up for a vented rev for those days.

I was just flying with some friends in winds that were in the high 20's and gusting to the high 30's. We were flying vented 1.5s on 90# line. Had a great time! The vented is an amazing kite.
Eventually you'll have the EXP, the SUL spars and the Vented kite. Then you can fly in most any wind and life will be heavenly.

#3 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 10:54 AM

The EXP will fly excellent in winds from 5 mph to 15 mph with the standard rods that come with the kite.  You don't need to purchase any other rods unless you want to start customizing the kite for specific winds.  The SLE rods are larger and heavier and will help the kite in winds over 15 mph but it is still not the same as a Vented kite.  The SUL rods will help lighten up the EXP a little more for those very light wind days but it is still not the same as an SUL or Indoor kite.

I suggest learning to fly the kite just the way it is and after you are experienced, then start thinking about different rods (or another model Rev) when you are more familiar with your current wind conditions and what would benefit you most.

#4 wufer

wufer

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 02:01 AM

Thank you two   You comments have been noted   thanks      wufer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users