Slight wear on my 1.5 at spar wrinkles

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 genesant

genesant
  • Forum Member
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 09:15 PM

My first Rev 1.5 has worn through the fabric in half a dozen spots. It happens at the wrinkles where the fabric rubs on the vertical spars. The holes look like little horizontal slits about half an inch long. The kite has been flown a lot for 1 year. Do I need to do anything or will the slits just act as mini vents and not keep lenghthening?

#2 Jim Foster

Jim Foster

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:19 PM

Two things I would do.....

Put a small piece of clear repair tape on the back of the sail over the holes.

Tighten up the lower bungies a little to remove the wrinkles.

I try to keep our sails tight enough that there no wrinkles. Not always easy.
Fly together! Share the joy, Share the fun

#3 John F

John F

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 11:42 AM

My first Rev 1.5 has worn through the fabric in half a dozen spots. It happens at the wrinkles where the fabric rubs on the vertical spars. The holes look like little horizontal slits about half an inch long. The kite has been flown a lot for 1 year. Do I need to do anything or will the slits just act as mini vents and not keep lenghthening?

I had the same problem with my 1.5 SLE that is Red White and Blue. The only fabric to get the holes was the red. When you compare it to the other fabric it seems more sheer. I put Tedlar Tape on the hole and that has stablized the problem. I asked REV about it and they said I was flying in too high winds??? Well anyway I love my RWB Rev and now that I have a Vent I don't fly my standard in winds over 10 mph.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users