7 replies to this topic

#1 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 02:55 PM

We need alot of video on here that shows not only the kite but the pilots hands during flight to help ppl who end up in light to no wind with they're Revs. Suggestions as to line lengths, weights and handle adjustment based on a newbie who has maybe the basic set up. Light wind or zero wind technique is learned through tutoring unless they fly indoors dual line. The Clinics are the BEST source to learn how to fly, but for the newbies there has to be something to get them started so that they want to attend a clinic. I felt this way when I started. I'm sure others feel the same way. Font advice is great, but others learn better by seeing than reading. Nothing that gives everything away, just the basics like keeping your hands rotating with the kite (top wing, top hand), holding the top wing hand in toward the body when moving horizontally, inverted dives are slower than right side up when trying to regain ground.....

Dean

I fly my Rev 1 in less than the recommended wind range (mostly inverted) 4 wrap (heavy rods) even.

#2 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 04:09 PM

Here are two of my videos:

When I fly, I use a Rev Indoor. My handles are B-Series handles. My lines are all the way out on top, and 1 knot in on the bottom.
Indoor flying is very different from outdoors. All you movements must be smooth. Ay jerky movements will cause the kite to go flat and fall to the gound.

Hope this helps ;)

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#3 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 05:25 PM

Sorry, what I was meaning is that I know how to do it. I was just thinking that theres alot of ppl I have met and heard of that end up with a Rev that isn't going to fly well in they're location with they're flying ability. Let me think about what I am trying to say for a little longer so I can understand what I'm saying myself. LOL, get back to you soon.

Dean

#4 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 05:38 PM

I think I understand. It's just a "It's here in case someone has this question" kind of thing.

Spence "Watty" Watson

#5 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 07:03 PM

I think thats what I was thinking Watty. You said it better than I could think it. All the information in pretty much one place thats easy to find. Then the rest of us are here to answer questions. I was also thinking in terms like a Dodd Gross or Prism tutorial video kinda thing for the newer pilots. At least for the basic flight controls. Do Rev's already have a video that come with them showing basic control?

Dean

#6 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 09:44 PM

For the rev indoor, no. But there are a couple DVD's that I know of, such as the Training DVD, the Advanced Maneuvers DVD (John B I think is still in the process of making a new one), and the B-Series DVD's.

Spence "Watty" Watson

#7 Kite Krusader

Kite Krusader

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 03:16 AM

Nice link check out the Video Section.

http://www.indoorkiteflying.com/
Your friendly neighborhood kite flyer.

Posted Image Posted Image

#8 jsking

jsking

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:20 AM

The SUL comes with a DVD (or did) that shows light wind techniques. Really, I think Rev should include the light wind techniques on every instructional DVD.

My fairly short indoor experience tells me novices might be best served on lines of 9' to 12', probably 9's. Seems to me that shorter lines than that would make the kite too fast or too reactive (for a beginner), but 9's seem a little more forgiving and give a good amount of control and feel. IMHO, bien sur.

Master that up and over, baby!
Jeff
Wings Over Washington
http://www.flickr.co...44623@N00/sets/

--------------------
Revus Regnum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users