Aerochic

Revadelic

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:40 PM

tune a fish. sound it out.

LOL

Ha HA! Someone got it! Either that or everyone groaned at the bad punage. :blue-confused:

Better Living Through Rev Flying...

Rev Themed Ts & Goodies: http://www.zazzle.co...ckarts/clothing
Aerostakes: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeshockArts
Rev Galleries: http://www.revkites....=user&user=1408
Flickr Pics: http://www.flickr.co...s/16896184@N05/

#23 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 04:10 AM

Spellin,wewl,thaits a subgect ham kewl hat,

Thie ownly wherd iv spellt correctt fore yeers,must bi Rev.

Bridles ,its a black art,,,leave um alone,,,,go fly your kite,,,,let someone else do the mawling,,,,let them show you one day,,, when its raining,raining very hard,,,,try it yourself,,, when in hospital,,, or Panaram,,political broadcasts,,are on the tele,,,,or ship wrecked.
When you do learn um,,,pass it on,,,,when its raining,,,raining very hard,,,,

BRIAN...Coulor,or is it color,could be culla,,culler,

#24 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 02:09 PM

Actually spelling BRIDLE right makes this particular anal retentive TURD :kid_brooding: (complain, it's only font and you know what I mean) feel better. And it's COLOR if that makes you feel better. It's spelled the same whether your going for accent or not. LMFAO

Bad week, sorry for the challenge. Just never had a complaint on my font other than being to COLORFULLY girly for my name. LOL

I missed Lincoln City and now Brookings because of family issues. :boxing: Anyone else ever thought your wanting needs in kiting could come first if the problem wasn't totally serious? (Death or such) :big_starwars:

Dean :censored:

#25 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 03:22 PM

Actually spelling BRIDLE right makes this particular anal retentive TURD :kid_brooding: (complain, it's only font and you know what I mean) feel better. And it's COLOR if that makes you feel better. It's spelled the same whether your going for accent or not. LMFAO

Bad week, sorry for the challenge. Just never had a complaint on my font other than being to COLORFULLY girly for my name. LOL

I missed Lincoln City and now Brookings because of family issues. :boxing: Anyone else ever thought your wanting needs in kiting could come first if the problem wasn't totally serious? (Death or such) :big_starwars:

Dean :censored:

Take it easy Dean,things that matter,matter.Things that dont,wont
The great F.G once said,shit happens.

BRIAN...Lifes a boxa chocolates

#26 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 07:43 PM

It's cool Brian, I just needed to vent and thought this was a better place for it than in the house. Might want to edit your "shit" though. I was corrected by a good friend for typing turd on here. LOL
I wasn't challenging you about your spelling or the accent you type. I was challenging the turd patrol. LOL

Sorry my good friend, I'll not use the word turd for a while I promise.

Dean :ani_punk:

And your right, stuff happens all the time. ALL the time is sometimes the problem. ROFL

#27 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 07:53 PM

And Brian, I've learned to read your accent. DON'T make me have to relearn how to read your posts. :kid_devlish: Feel me? LOL
If I wouldn't take a half hour trying to spell out the accent I'd do it and everyone would just have to take it and like it. Unfortunatly I have learned :big_bangin: to be as proper as possible. Like I said, " anal retentive" :o :lol: I said anal!!!!

#28 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 08:07 PM

Might want to edit your "shirt" though. I was corrected by a good friend for typing tard on here. LOL

Probably because kids fly revs and read the site regularly. Know what I mean
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

Knowledge: The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify.

#29 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 09:33 PM

So your admin on here too? Am I to assume that your the one with the problem with my font even though I'm not cursing but using a humorous name to a person that irks you? Kids don't need censorship because they know what it means, know how to use it in context and for the most part use it when the censors aren't listening.
I am trying really hard not to type like I think. Just so I can yak with you all on this forum. But a double standard really upsets me. Beating around the bush and just saying what you mean are the same thing. What your hoping for by beating around the bush is that some ppl might be kinda dull and not understand what your saying. In most cases the kids who might be reading this forum aren't that dull. They know darn good in well (sorry Watty) what your typing.

Take it easy Dean. Fonts don't really matter do they, and whos talking about them? Whats with you today :rolleyes:
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

#30 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 10:24 PM

:blushing: I was hoping to get back in here and delete that post before anyone read it. Obviously I'm the dull one.

#31 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 12:41 PM

Well,if a few errors in grama are the only thing we have to worry about,its kewl i reckon.

BRIAN...

#32 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 07:44 AM

Okay, back to the original subject kinda sorta. Not really though when you think about it. :kid_devlish:

I'm thinking now about moving the lower tow points down toward the tips more. :cat_goofy:
By taking the pigtail on the bridle off, marking the existing position of the current loop and moving it down the bridle line about 3".

Keep in mind that my bridle is (compared to what I've seen latley) rope compared to the newer bridles. If this was a newer bridle I wouldnt be thinking about how to make it more resposive with smaller inputs.

Just a thought to get you thinking about cause well,,, I've been thinking again B)

#33 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:32 AM

Why not just attach your lines to the wing tips.
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

#34 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 10:20 AM

If I'm not actually attached to the bridle won't that effect how the bridle supports the kite? Or is only the top of the bridle the actual support?

Dean

#35 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 11:52 AM

Have a look at what some of the French are doing. There are threads about it round here somewhere. If you are still concerned about support then take a leaf from one of our UK flyers - he attaches to the bridle on the upper tow points. This spreads the main load. Then he connects to the bottom of the leading edge with his brakes to get the sensitivity. It is all a matter of taste, but worth an experiment maybe.
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

#36 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 12:05 PM

Thank you Jeremy, thats what I was thinking and you made thinking it ok. Glad you could help. Now I'm going to go try it. Like right now.

Dean

#37 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 01:55 PM

Ok, going to the lower tips might be sensitive. Still don't know as there was NO way you could get the Rev up. There was plenty of wind. But ya can't use equal length lines. With the top leaders pulled all the way into the handles and the bottoms all the way out there was still too much brake to even think of flying. You couldn't even get the tips slightly off the ground.

So if I get to go out today I might try again but use my staggerd lines. Put the short ones on top and the long ones on the bottom and see if that'll work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users