Photo

Blast arrived with poor Blast 2-4 Video!!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 ian4c

ian4c

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 01:07 PM

My Blast 2-4 arrived yesterday. Thank you Kiteworld.

All OK, except the for DVD that accompanied the Blast. Having paid almost 300 I did expect to get some sort of instructional video on the Blast 2-4. The Video supplied is entitled Power Blast 2-4 DVD (PAL). Now why would a newcomer to the Blast 2-4 want to view a video of old videos of Joe K flying various kites including a Blast, Supersonic, EXP etc. and showing repeats of video seen in the EXP Video of Joe with a Flexifoil buggy! I can not see any relationship to the Blast 2-4 on this video! Yet it is called Blast 2-4!

I did expect to get at least some sort of instruction to set up the Blast. So Ben, if you read this I would like to have some sort of instructions please. In fact I will PM you with my Email address.

While on the subject - why do Revolution send out old videos with new kites. A recent purchase of a SUL had a video which was taken from a VHS video from many years ago. We all seem to accept it. If it were any other other organisation than Rev (family?) we would not accept it.

In my opinion the marketing is poor. But for the fact that JB promotes his brand I think Rev would be having a quiet time. Sorry only my opinion. I am hoping to see change in the future.

Ian

#2 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Bazzer P Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 01:15 PM

You must have received a different video than I did. Mine showed only the Blast 2-4 with what I thought to be a complete set of instructions on flying and setup.

-Alden
"Don't go in there!" RC

#3 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:00 PM

Ian this is Ben and I just watched the complete Super Blast/ 2.4 video and this is what it's all about, with complete
set up and even split screen stuff with both Joe and David, so before you get upset or go to open forum which does
not bother me lets look at the big picture. We do the best we can as far as DVDs go and we are working on updating
them all slowly and as far as the Bseries DVD goes it is a good one in my opinion and in time they will all be new
but to be honest it's costly as well as tough to get good filming done with the editing, so what we have works but I will
say they could be better for sure, but they do work.....If you have a DVD which is not showing Super Blast/ Power 2.4
things then perhaps you have the wrong DVD and no matter what I will send you a new one in hopes this will help you
with this problem. On the flip side why are you so upset things can happen but now with that lets say you got the wrong
DVD and lets move on, email me your mailing address I'll get you a new DVD ASAP, one more thing so you know that
is not a flexi foil buggy but a very early Peter Lynn in the right DVD, and being that I'm a bit upset I just had to add this,
okay now I'm better.........Email me at beachbeach13@yahoo.com and I'll get it done ASAP.....Ben

#4 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:10 PM

Seem ya got the wrong dvd Ian my freindl.Mine has just the 2-4 blast in it like Alden discribes .

I have a box of goodies leaving rev ,like now.Feel free to put Ians copy in ther and i will forward on to Ian if that helps.

BRIAN...

#5 ian4c

ian4c

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 07:27 PM

You must have received a different video than I did. Mine showed only the Blast 2-4 with what I thought to be a complete set of instructions on flying and setup.

-Alden

Thanks Aden, Obviously I have the wrong video. Although it does say Blast 2-4 so I think the person printing the DVD got the wrong label printed.
Good to know that I will be getting a complete set of instructions.

Ian

#6 ian4c

ian4c

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 07:33 PM

[q...Email me at beachbeach13@yahoo.com and I'll get it done ASAP.....Ben
[/quote]

Thank you Ben. Will send an attachment showing the DVD just in case you find your stock with the wrong video.

Ian

#7 ian4c

ian4c

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 07:53 PM

Seem ya got the wrong dvd Ian my freindl.Mine has just the 2-4 blast in it like Alden discribes .

I have a box of goodies leaving rev ,like now.Feel free to put Ians copy in ther and i will forward on to Ian if that helps.

BRIAN...

Thanks Brian. For ever to the rescue! Ben will take care of it.

"I have a box of goodies leaving rev"
And yes, you really are a Rev addict!

Ian

#8 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:11 PM

Ben, like all these things there are always two sides. On the one hand you have to be correct that filming, production and burning of a new film every 5 minutes is expensive. And this is of course a cost that would have to be passed onto the customer - us! But on the other hand some of the videos are getting a bit long in the tooth. It does not look ideal, as you yourself said, to be issuing an old video with Joe sporting huge sideburns ;)

It occurs to me, the world has changed quite drastically in recent years. Not least in that most people now have ADSL access. I was also thinking that many (certainly not all, but many) of your customers are repeat buyers and some (like me) have multiple copies of the same DVD. It could be argued this is wasteful.

Maybe a solution would be to upload cuts of the videos onto the website - just the important instructional parts, to reference people to the site from the instruction leaflet, and let them come and get what they want. This would also have the advantage of pushing people towards some of the great new 'inspirational' content you have got loaded up on here. It could be combined with a revision of some of the leaflets too (some of which are getting a touch out of date too).

Just a thought, meant to be taken positively, that may save rev some money as well as providing better service to the customer and minimising on waste.
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

Knowledge: The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify.

#9 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:52 PM

Ian...

I was 'talking' to you last night at Midnight and now your posting at 4:27am ... you get less sleep then sailor....

I will post my DVD to you this morning (I have it downloaded onto my iPhone/apple TV etc so don't need the original) .. and PM my phone number in case you are heading out this morning and need some 'support' ....

of course I could post the video on my secure website but that would probably infringe the copyright ;) .... PM inbound!

#10 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:08 PM

The irony of this is that the PB 2~4 dvd is probably the best of any I have seen from Rev (equal to the B series)... covers the whole set up and has really good sections on light airs technique as well as all the specific 2~4 stuff... you certainly don't need any other support information with the right DVD!

Online versions of the DVD's would be great but assume there are bandwidth charges to consider and IP issues... I think the benefits out-weigh any downside...

#11 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:46 PM

We're finding buying band width is starting to be cheaper than DVD production at work. Accept what you say about hosting issues but 'issue' is just another way of saying opportunity!
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

#12 ian4c

ian4c

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:02 AM

We're finding buying band width is starting to be cheaper than DVD production at work. Accept what you say about hosting issues but 'issue' is just another way of saying opportunity!

"Bandwidth is getting cheaper" - Well it is cheap now. But then again DVD's are really cheap. I pay around 10 for 100 DVD's + or -. (SVP) So little waste as far as Rev is concerned. And Rev obviously print them on an Epson Photo Inkjet or the like. Little cost involved.

#13 ian4c

ian4c

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:08 AM

The irony of this is that the PB 2~4 dvd is probably the best of any I have seen from Rev (equal to the B series)... covers the whole set up and has really good sections on light airs technique as well as all the specific 2~4 stuff... you certainly don't need any other support information with the right DVD!

Online versions of the DVD's would be great but assume there are bandwidth charges to consider and IP issues... I think the benefits out-weigh any downside...

Thanks Jonesey

It's good to know that the DVD is as you say, probably the best of any you have seen. This was confirmed with my conversation with Fenman (David) who recently bought the Blast 2-4.

So thank you Peter and all of you who have responded.

Ian

#14 Choccy

Choccy

Occasion-al Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 06:17 AM

I'm just envious you all have seen the old dvd with mutton chops Joe :lol:
1 of the 47.

#15 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:01 AM

Awww. Remind me to give you a copy tomorrow.
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

#16 Madquad

Madquad

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 10:13 AM

Funny thing is that i received my Blast 2-4 and it seems that i've got the wrong dvd too.
Wrote Ben a message..

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC00355.JPG

It's not the size of your Rev.. its how you use it.
Seven days without flying a Rev makes one weak.

http://www.air-4-ce.nl

batch-air4ce.jpg?w=230&h=230

#17 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,448 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 10:36 AM

Funny thing is that i received my Blast 2-4 and it seems that i've got the wrong dvd too.
Wrote Ben a message..

Now, that is the more polite and proper way to handle it such an error by giving the mfr first a chance to correct the problem.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#18 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,448 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 10:43 AM

I'm just envious you all have seen the old dvd with mutton chops Joe :lol:

This is Joe at the SD New Years Kite Festival 2008.

Attached Thumbnails

• D100_27207cropped.jpg

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#19 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:14 AM

Now, that is the more polite and proper way to handle it such an error by giving the mfr first a chance to correct the problem.

John ...

Not sure your giving Ian the respect he deserves ... I think you'll find he is 'mature' enough (feel free to check his profile) to know how to conduct himself without the need to be told what's 'polite and proper' ... and I'm pretty sure he isn't the first person to come on hear and comment on quality of service or possible improvements to a product we are all fans of.... its called constructive criticism and I'm sure Rev have broad enough shoulders to see these things as 'opportunities' to show how well they help the 'family' out when things go wrong...

If we cant use this forum to air our opinions/grievances where would you like us to go??

Sorry to 'vent' but I've had a tough day and I really cant be doing with that sort of comment!

#20 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:31 PM

Okay guys first and foremost it's handled and the DVDs which I personally checked on my Mac are going out today.
John your right Ian was upset, Jonesey your right Ian deserves his respect, and you know what I was a horses :censored: yesterday when I thru in the buggy comment and for that I'm sorry Ian so please forgive me. Now
on to this forum and it's uses if you need to unload do it my shoulders are broad and your all Family so I take
nothing personal or at least try not to..... :blink: Just know if theres a real problem please email me direct cause
problems upset me as well as you and I will get it handled.....Then if we have real issues rather than problems we should
bring them to the forum and then we can all work on them together cause I can't do this alone and I need your help
and that means all of you....... :blue-cool: Also if you just need to unload on the forum well have at it cause I'll
listen no matter what cause thats part of what I do and bear in mind there are going to be times where I'm a
horses :censored: in return but in the big picture rest assured no matter what or how I'll deal with the issue
and not sweep it under the rug..... You are all my Family and like it or not we are stuck with each other :blue-cool:
and things are going to happen where your upset and where I'm upset but no matter what it's all about how I get
the problem handled and I'll always do my best...... So I guess the biggest thing I ask is just come to me and
use your head and try to not get to upset and I'll do the same and when we slip lets just work it out together as
a Family, the important thing is that together we can work it out...... Oh yeah the DVD guy well he's not Family
and the hole I ripped in his hide will take a few to heal, hmmmm maybe I should call him I was in a terrible state
of mind when I spoke to him, I'll tell you I'm a real horses :censored: at times.....Ben

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0114.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users