60 replies to this topic

#21 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:40 AM

Don't get me going on my views on the 20th design. They are not totally positive and therefore I have kept them to a non rev sponsored forum.

You are right that it would visually tie in of course.
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

Knowledge: The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify.

#22 Guest_groz_*

Guest_groz_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:23 AM

Don't get me going on my views on the 20th design. They are not totally positive and therefore I have kept them to a non rev sponsored forum.

I thought the same until this weekend when I saw Mike's progressive 20th aniversary stack from a distance. I thought 'wow, nice stack, but what's that design'. It was only when it was close enough to see properly that I realised what it was. THis can mean one of 3 things: 1. That the fog was so thick I couldn't see 2. I need new glasses 3. They really do look great!

I think they do look good in the right weather e.g. heavy rain and a bit of mist, and certainly no sun ;)

#23 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:10 PM

I have to say,i was a little unsure about the 20yrs ans kite at first,but,its like that tune you hear and think,what the hell was that the first time it invaides your ears.Before the end of the week youve heard it 10 times.Your daughter knows the chorus.Then you start whistling it.

Truth is,it grows on you the more ya see the kite.The stack was nice at sunderland.It flew realy well.

My new rev project...3 VENTS PER SIDE,,,Its the way to go

BRIAN...

#24 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:30 PM

I'd like to see a kite that comes pre-trained, or pre-loaded with skills .. like the ones in the video's and DVD's.... surely its time they started selling those to the general public rather then just making them for iQuad and the like??

If not that then how about ....

1. A vented 2~4
2. A 'team flying' edition (B with knot less end caps, special handles, race frame, custom colours, packs of 4, team flying DVD etc etc)
3. A bigger/better Rev bag !!
4. A Kids rev .. rev with stabilisers ..'My first rev'
5. A super vented ... or anything I could fly in this ridiculous English summer weather.

#25 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:00 PM

To think the current patterns are NEW for 2007 and your already calling for new graphics ?

I'm not 100% but I believe this is the first change in like 4-5 years 1 thing I do like is they are now making rev II's regular as they used to just make them at the end of a run and very limited and the fact they now come in the same patterns as the 1.5 is sweet.

Patterns usually stay around for a few years before they switch, you guys will have the sewing crew in shambles driving prices sky high if that were the case.
Jim,
Ft. Taber Park & Brenton Point

Rev's are like a carbon framed out-of-body experience

Posted Image

#26 Aerochic

Aerochic

Revadelic

• Forum Member
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:10 PM

5. A super vented ... or anything I could fly in this ridiculous English summer weather.

I think I own that one, Jonesey! *Gigglefit*

Better Living Through Rev Flying...

Rev Themed Ts & Goodies: http://www.zazzle.co...ckarts/clothing
Aerostakes: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeshockArts
Rev Galleries: http://www.revkites....=user&user=1408
Flickr Pics: http://www.flickr.co...s/16896184@N05/

#27 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:52 PM

I think you need a major trumper development Jonesey. Get those needles ready. Could be a project for this weekend ;). And if super venteds produce giggle fits its another good reason to do one. I'll have a pint of what aerochic is on! :)
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

#28 Choccy

Choccy

Occasion-al Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:52 PM

4. A Kids rev .. rev with stabilisers ..'My first rev'

4. you should have seen Stephen's son flying the 1.5 standard.
poor thing nearly took off into the forest when a gust kicked in at Sunderland festival.

5. a big guy such as yourself who's got a love affair with power kites surely doesn't need a super vented...
but the more you request the more likely ppl like myself will end up with one,
and I do still need it. why should i sit it out when you guys can still fly ?!

i think when Ben has actually met me he will understand my concerns and start getting some superventeds made ;)

(I'll also have 1/2 pint of what aerochic is havin') :lol:
1 of the 47.

#29 Aerochic

Aerochic

Revadelic

• Forum Member
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:55 AM

I'll have a pint of what aerochic is on! :)

Hehehehe! *thumbs up*

#30 nic

nic
  • Forum Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 10:06 AM

How about a tribal design on a white background? The motif could weave in and out of the vents.

#31 Aerochic

Aerochic

Revadelic

• Forum Member
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 01:17 PM

A tribal Rev would be ~extremely~ coooooool. :ani_punk: Revolution should approach David Sabilino to do a masterpiece series.

#32 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 01:53 PM

I TOTALLY agree.

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#33 Kitezen

Kitezen

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 08:09 AM

Not sure about this one. The B series panel lay out is, I understand, mainly to increase precision. This would seem to me to be a bit wasted on a non-precision kite like the II.

For me, I would like to see everything stay the same. I am concerned if a new set of graphics came out some of my friends (for which you can read Jonesey ;) ) would not be able to control themselves! However, were there to be a new graphic, I would love to see a curve in there somewhere rather than just straight lines.

I do not know why the Rev II has such a bad reputation for precision, all that's needed are shorter movements. I can fly my II as well as my 1.5 B. Maybe I am not good enough or precise enough to tell the difference, but to me it is just faster.

#34 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 10:12 AM

I don't disagree Kitezen, its just a question of emphasis. For me the II is more about fast and really good fun rather than precision. Where as a I is total precision and the 1.5 somewhere between. Its a bit like dancing IMHO - a really good samba dancer is all about fun and passion (II), a ball room dancer is all about precision (I) and a ballet dancer precision with total passion. My point was not meant to belittle IIs but to make a point about precision.

Actually the parallel breaks down with ballet - I am afraid not even the best kite flier I have ever seen could hope to even approach Ballet Russe, Fokine or Fontyne in terms of drop dead, hair on end, tear in eye beauty. Flame suit on!
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

#35 Hydra_ADL

Hydra_ADL
  • Forum Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:06 PM

I for one would love to see a baby rev "3" as a 3 footer and rev 2 shape it'd be great for stacking or just because.

#36 deebs1596

deebs1596

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:40 PM

hydra i dont think your the only one that would like to see a 3 foot rev. If i remember correctly Choccy doesn't like alot of pull so she might like it as well. it would do well over in England where summer winds are fast as anything. It would definitely be a high wind kite though.

On a side note: Chuck (chuck3)'s brother made a 40 inch rev that he planned on indoor/light wind flying with if i recall the conversation with him at the cabin right. S.U.L R/C plane carbon.

i would love seeing a 3 foot rev for high wind. could even make a vented model :lol:
----Dan-----

lost in thought or lost in a field... either way send a search party

i fly what i can and stare at what i cant.

#37 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,401 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:25 PM

hydra i dont think your the only one that would like to see a 3 foot rev. If i remember correctly Choccy doesn't like alot of pull so she might like it as well. it would do well over in England where summer winds are fast as anything. It would definitely be a high wind kite though.

On a side note: Chuck (chuck3)'s brother made a 40 inch rev that he planned on indoor/light wind flying with if i recall the conversation with him at the cabin right. S.U.L R/C plane carbon.

i would love seeing a 3 foot rev for high wind. could even make a vented model :lol:

I made ten 82cm REVs back in 1995 when I lived in Germany. They all flew great! The first five had individual bridles. The last five were built as a train. They were all given away and now reside in Austria, Germany, Holland(the train) and Switzerland.
They are a bit twitchy and need very short handles of about palms width.

Attached Thumbnails

• 199519_14.gif

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#38 Choccy

Choccy

Occasion-al Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 09:09 PM

awww thanx for remembering ;)

It's good to see other flyers appreciating the funsized revs too.
I have yet to try any funsized vented versions,
they must be sweet smooth fast fun :blue-love:
1 of the 47.

#39 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:53 AM

If i remember correctly Choccy doesn't like alot of pull so she might like it as well.

Oh don't let her fool you 1 bit.

Here's proof she can handle a kite and a 5.5 to boot :kid_devlish:

Attached Thumbnails

• 5_5meter.jpg

Jim,
Ft. Taber Park & Brenton Point

Rev's are like a carbon framed out-of-body experience

Posted Image

#40 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 01:23 AM

Indeed she can fly a bigun, although it is also true that I have seen Choccy disappearing down a field at a great rate of knots behind a rev II! Even Groz has been known to stagger forwards a bit when bluey gives a sudden pull, although I am not sure that a 1.5 has ever got my 16 stones off balance ;)
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users