4 replies to this topic

#1 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:57 PM

My Rev 1 (1995 model, 1/4" 4 wrap set) doesn't like to fly backwards or sideways. This is supposed to be the most stable and precise Rev. Short stints in reverse are possible. But no precision in reverse. Same with slides. I mean I can do real graceful slides into spins. (spiral turns) I absolutly OWN inverted hovers. But slides go to turns and flying in reverse ends up in over control. Tips fall forward. It's getting frustrating.
Don't get me wrong, I can fly well forwards, and the inverted stuff is cool. Going from one side of the window to the other about 6" off the ground is cool. But I wanna do what all ya all are doing. AKA precision forms and such.

I did get two axles though. OOPS moves of course :P But thats not good enough for me. Any ideas? I've tightened the sail and sucked the bridel up to the kite a little. Fly's finally.

Dean :big_bangin:

#2 tonycarl

tonycarl

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 10:26 PM

I find sometimes walking forward slowly while going up in reverse helps. On side slides, walking sideways helps. Using a stiffer leading helps a bunch on side slides (a SLE leading edge). Ever notice that it's usually the same panal that wants to flip first.

Tony

#3 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 10:51 PM

I'll try it, but it just doesn't really seem like it wants to do either. It's not the same panel though. It varies. Sometimes I get a bit of a tiny gust to one side or the other. My Rev 1 is pretty stable. I've tried adding brake, but if it gets anymore unless I'm in high wind it WON'T go forward. Maybe thats the key is to flip my lines and fly backwards for a while. Maybe that'd help? LOL worth a short shot to see if it works anyway.

Dean

#4 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:12 PM

My Rev 1 (1995 model, 1/4" 4 wrap set) doesn't like to fly backwards or sideways. This is supposed to be the most stable and precise Rev. Short stints in reverse are possible. But no precision in reverse. Same with slides. I mean I can do real graceful slides into spins. (spiral turns) I absolutly OWN inverted hovers. But slides go to turns and flying in reverse ends up in over control. Tips fall forward. It's getting frustrating.
Don't get me wrong, I can fly well forwards, and the inverted stuff is cool. Going from one side of the window to the other about 6" off the ground is cool. But I wanna do what all ya all are doing. AKA precision forms and such.

I did get two axles though. OOPS moves of course :P But thats not good enough for me. Any ideas? I've tightened the sail and sucked the bridel up to the kite a little. Fly's finally.

Dean :big_bangin:

The Rev I flies a bit different from a Rev 1.5. If you started out on a REV 1.5, the REV I will take some getting use to.
If the REV I sail is a bit loose, tighten up on the bungees. The sidewards flying should improve. It should also help on the reverse flight. The rest is just getting use to its different flying characteristics.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#5 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 09:19 AM

I started out on my Rev 1. Only flew a friends 1.5 just a couple of weeks ago.
I have pulled the sail pretty tight but will look to see if I can get it tighter.
I did by pass the bridel once. In wind higher than that method is recommended. :ani_whistling:
The tips actually touched twice on one pass across the window. Then I put it up.
I did notice that by not using the bridel it flew backwards and side ways easier. But I'd just soon not fly in reverse of sideways if it means I'll be watching a 9' kite fold in half. :ani_giveup:
I'm sure we'll figure it out. If nothing else it's motivation to get at least a 1.5 after comparing mine to his. LOL

Dean :ani_punk:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users