#81 Harrier

Harrier

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 12:17 AM

Who said learning isn't fun.

Umm...got me there...Felix? ... thats just a guess of course.

#82 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:54 AM

Please, nobody mention that tinned meat formally known as Spiced ham
Stone in Shoe Bob

It's Good to Share the Joy.

#83 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:41 AM

Thanks Harrier
Glad you cleared that one up ;)

Who said learning isn't fun.

I'm still a little bit confused, but that's about as good as it gets with me. :blue_wink:

1000th post!!! Sweet :D

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#84 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:48 AM

Well done on 1000 Spence! And don't worryabout being confused. It proves at least one of us is normal.
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

Knowledge: The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify.

#85 play365

play365

The Flying Squad

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:49 AM

Please, nobody mention that tinned meat formally known as Spiced ham

Not sure what you could mean Bob ................................................................................
.........................................Oh Yeh SPAM SPAM SPAM and on and on
GARY

Posted Image

#86 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:51 AM

Not sure what you could mean Bob ................................................................................
.........................................Oh Yeh SPAM SPAM SPAM and on and on

PUB?
Stone in Shoe Bob

It's Good to Share the Joy.

#87 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 09:23 AM

PUB?

Sounds good bob. Do you like photography (nudge nudge wink wink)?
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

#88 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 04:44 AM

Well, the new ipoddy-phoney-internetty thingy arrived this morning. First impressions are that is is OK. 3G is obviously a boon, as is WAN connectivity. And the browser is great. But text input is not up to the blackberry IMHO, and where is the 'to do list'. Felt somewhat miffed that apple don't even supply a carry case, although you do get a cloth (whats that all about - opticians hand them out for free). Quite pretty though, even in manly black.
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

#89 play365

play365

The Flying Squad

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 04:50 AM

Well, the new ipoddy-phoney-internetty thingy arrived this morning. First impressions are that is is OK. 3G is obviously a boon, as is WAN connectivity. And the browser is great. But text input is not up to the blackberry IMHO, and where is the 'to do list'. Felt somewhat miffed that apple don't even supply a carry case, although you do get a cloth (whats that all about - opticians hand them out for free). Quite pretty though, even in manly black.

What they run outa White ?
GARY

Posted Image

#90 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 05:25 AM

Yes.They were saying they don't have many girls interested in iPhones. ;)
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

#91 play365

play365

The Flying Squad

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 07:43 AM

Yes.They were saying they don't have many girls interested in iPhones. ;)

And Just wot are you implying ? White is for all lovers of that classic look not the sheep who want black or is it that you only have an 8gb one ?
GARY

Posted Image

#92 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 07:58 AM

or is it that you only have an 8gb one ?

Its not the size that counts Gary, but what you do with it. At least that's what I always say :blushing:
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

#93 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:09 AM

I wonder why that is sailor :rolleyes:

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#94 play365

play365

The Flying Squad

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:34 AM

Its not the size that counts Gary, but what you do with it. At least that's what I always say :blushing:

Ah I see you bought the 8 gb I feel your pain ..lol
GARY

Posted Image

#95 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:42 AM

Humm. iTunes tells me there is an update to my iPhone software today, and would I like to install it. Like a sap I clicked 'yes'. After 50 minutes and numerous errors my phone is at least working again. But its back to its factory settings and with no data on it. Nice one apple :angry:

Its almost like Apple send out software that doesn't quite work in order to get the poor users to check it. Has Bill Gates started work there in some curious quirk of the time space continuum?

Not at all sure about this iPhone. 3G seems pretty flaky and not much faster than EDGE or GPRS. The battery cannot take 3G or the GPS being on for more than a few minutes. It spends more time plugged into the wall than sitting in my pocket. The keyboard is next to useless, and the screen disappears in sunlight. Now this software business.

Wishing I had stuck with the reliable technology of blackberry........
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

#96 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 01:00 AM

Humm. iTunes tells me there is an update to my iPhone software today, and would I like to install it. Like a sap I clicked 'yes'. After 50 minutes and numerous errors my phone is at least working again. But its back to its factory settings and with no data on it. Nice one apple :angry:

Its almost like Apple send out software that doesn't quite work in order to get the poor users to check it. Has Bill Gates started work there in some curious quirk of the time space continuum?

Not at all sure about this iPhone. 3G seems pretty flaky and not much faster than EDGE or GPRS. The battery cannot take 3G or the GPS being on for more than a few minutes. It spends more time plugged into the wall than sitting in my pocket. The keyboard is next to useless, and the screen disappears in sunlight. Now this software business.

Wishing I had stuck with the reliable technology of blackberry........

Not biting....

#97 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 01:00 AM

Not biting....

Still not biting .....

#98 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 01:17 AM

Still not biting .....

OK .... maybe just a little.......

I now have 2 iPhones old one for the wife and New one for me..... battery life with apps/GPS/Push/Bluetooth etc is a slight disappointment (note SLIGHT)... but once you are aware is manageable (my car kit charges etc etc).... but the old one is definitely better!

Personally I prefer the keyboard (especially landscape) as my manly hands just don't work with those little girlie blackberry keys.

Push email with Exchange is every bit as good as blackberry and much easier from a management perspective (selfish motives)

Roaming in France was pretty average.... very little 3G coverage and visual voice mail (one of the things that's a huge plus for me) rarely available.

I managed to brick mine on Sunday evening having upgraded some apps .... full restore after a little 'knowledge' acquisition to get it recognised by iTunes and all back up and running as before (you should have been able to do the same J?)... I know is not ideal but you have to remember that the communicators on Star Trek only allowed you to talk ... no web browsing, games, GPS etc etc so we are miles ahead of the game really :P

#99 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 01:48 AM

Up and running again now.

I think my frustration was that I don't expect to total a phone by following the simple instructions of the manufacturer. I mean "Do you want to update? Click 'yes' for yes, 'no' for no" - in what way is it my fault that it goes total ape! And I think I can think of better ways of spending the first hour of my working day..........

3G not available in my office, home or the hotel I normally stay in. The best I have seen is two bars on 3G standing in the middle of a field outside basingstoke. Did a little test (sad but true) on down loading a photo someone had emailed me. Quick on 3G but 13seconds slower on GRPS - like that was really worth it. Having to charge the battery twice a day - what happens if I am out and about in London for the day - turn my mobile off when I am not using it? Only my mother in law does that because she is worried people calling her up may distract her from her shopping!

By the way, Jaguar have just bought out a new car. To start it you press the start button. To stop it you also press the start button. Every 5 miles you need to turn it off and on again. Every 50 miles you need to stop at the garage and re-fill it. When the car is 1 month old it gives you a message saying "Your car is out of date. Would you like to update it to version 1.26.a.45?". If you try and turn a corner while changing gear a message appears saying "Fatal error" and the windscreen turns blue. When a child steps out in front of you and you decide to do an emergency stop, a message comes up saying "You have chosen to stop the car. Did you really mean to do that?"
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

#100 play365

play365

The Flying Squad

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 02:36 AM

Up and running again now.

I think my frustration was that I don't expect to total a phone by following the simple instructions of the manufacturer. I mean "Do you want to update? Click 'yes' for yes, 'no' for no" - in what way is it my fault that it goes total ape! And I think I can think of better ways of spending the first hour of my working day..........

3G not available in my office, home or the hotel I normally stay in. The best I have seen is two bars on 3G standing in the middle of a field outside basingstoke. Did a little test (sad but true) on down loading a photo someone had emailed me. Quick on 3G but 13seconds slower on GRPS - like that was really worth it. Having to charge the battery twice a day - what happens if I am out and about in London for the day - turn my mobile off when I am not using it? Only my mother in law does that because she is worried people calling her up may distract her from her shopping!

By the way, Jaguar have just bought out a new car. To start it you press the start button. To stop it you also press the start button. Every 5 miles you need to turn it off and on again. Every 50 miles you need to stop at the garage and re-fill it. When the car is 1 month old it gives you a message saying "Your car is out of date. Would you like to update it to version 1.26.a.45?". If you try and turn a corner while changing gear a message appears saying "Fatal error" and the windscreen turns blue. When a child steps out in front of you and you decide to do an emergency stop, a message comes up saying "You have chosen to stop the car. Did you really mean to do that?"

Well I must say I do have 3G turned off until I need it same with Location Services, and WiFi , I use the iPod every day and my Battery last 3 days ?
GARY

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users