Photo

New member says Hi, waiting for my new Rev!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 LS Kite Stakes

LS Kite Stakes

Make it Custom!

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:39 PM

the 1.5 SLE is getting twitchy for some air time !!

I am getting twitchy just to have a rev in my hands right now..... waiting for it is cruel and unusual punishment, and all I did was order it! :kid_cussing:
LS Custom Kite Accessories

Maker of the Original Marble Kite Stake
And Revolution Snagless Pro Handles
http://www.Kitestakes.com

Posted Image

#22 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:50 PM

all I did was order it! :kid_cussing:

Therein lies your mistake. Kites are sensitive creatures and do not take well to being ordered around. You should have asked for it to come to you. ;)
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

Knowledge: The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify.

#23 Choccy

Choccy

Occasion-al Flyer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 01:17 PM

I am getting twitchy just to have a rev in my hands right now..... waiting for it is cruel and unusual punishment, and all I did was order it! :kid_cussing:

Hi,
then when you finally receive your new babe, the wind will be the exact opposite of what you desire :lol:
1 of the 47.

#24 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 01:36 PM

Hi,
then when you finally receive your new babe, the wind will be the exact opposite of what you desire :lol:

Oh and Happy Birthday ... RS67Man :sign_kitelife:

#25 LS Kite Stakes

LS Kite Stakes

Make it Custom!

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 02:50 PM

Thank you for the happy b-days, officially 45 trips around the old sun now. I talked to Corey at Wind Power Sports and found out the color I wanted, teal and black, would arrive at his shop early next week, and he will ship it out as soon as he gets it. I am also waiting on the line (3300ft spectra) for my single line high flier setup, but I may go out and put the Ascension up on the 400-500 ft of Dacron I have just to get the kite used to flying. :kid_smartass: I know, single line.....BORING......but I like any kite, and relaxing in a lawn chair having a carbonated beverage and shooting the breeze with friends is a nice way to spend a afternoon.

I have been doing my research on tying knots and how to sleeve line, looks like a sleeving needle or a guitar string is on my to buy list. Hopefully by the time I get this Rev out to fly the first time, I will know what not to do! :sign_kitelife:
LS Custom Kite Accessories

Maker of the Original Marble Kite Stake
And Revolution Snagless Pro Handles
http://www.Kitestakes.com

Posted Image

#26 MrDenny

MrDenny

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 08:17 PM

Hello RS67Man,
Welcome to this mad Rev world. You seem to like the fishing crossover for kites so you may be interested in 2 of my tricks. I use a thin wire leader to do my sleeving. (You will need something that thin for the next step)I also used braided 100 lb fishing line for sleeves. It's thin, lite and has worked great for quite awhile. I had it all laying around the garage so the cost was nil :D too. I'm sure with all the tid bits you get here you will find the set ups, equipment, and flying techniques that work best for your individual flying. My favorite reason to read this forum is all the different ideas to choose from. I probably at least try 90% of the things I see here.

Denny #12

.. .

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users