• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 alnegri

alnegri
  • Forum Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:22 AM

Hi.
Does the Revolution UFO flyes outdoors,too?
Thansk.
Albrto

#2 skunky

skunky

Occasional Poster

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:35 AM

Hi.
Does the Revolution UFO flyes outdoors,too?
Thansk.
Albrto

the ufo will fly outside as long as there is next to no wind ,or you could use some quad lines on it thats fun as well...

#3 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 02:30 AM

I have a UFO that is vented, (as well as the original 1st. one, entered by Lee SEdgwick from the AKA Nationals) it's pretty cool in a bigger wind, you can flick it all around with the quad handles, even flying it into the up-wind and working your way back around to down-wind again!

The quad handles allow the kite to spin around it's center very easily, therefore occasionally you simply unwrap by rotating the handles around a central point, (on the ground, rather than unwrapping in flight).

My vented model also has a set of magic stick/training wheels ~ type of device that won't allow it to rest completely flat on the ground. They are curved micro-carbon rods that intersect with the outer circle framed tubes and form an "X" behind the sail. now you can bounce the kite off of the ground to great effect.

The UFO is a very entertaining kite that is relatively cheap to acquire. Many folks never break them down, instead transporting in a big circular kite bag. They are easy to recognize fliers, go ask for a chance. (You'd have to run it over with an automobile to hurt the darn thing!!!)

#4 alnegri

alnegri
  • Forum Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:59 PM

I have a UFO that is vented, (as well as the original 1st. one, entered by Lee SEdgwick from the AKA Nationals) it's pretty cool in a bigger wind, you can flick it all around with the quad handles, even flying it into the up-wind and working your way back around to down-wind again!

The quad handles allow the kite to spin around it's center very easily, therefore occasionally you simply unwrap by rotating the handles around a central point, (on the ground, rather than unwrapping in flight).

My vented model also has a set of magic stick/training wheels ~ type of device that won't allow it to rest completely flat on the ground. They are curved micro-carbon rods that intersect with the outer circle framed tubes and form an "X" behind the sail. now you can bounce the kite off of the ground to great effect.

The UFO is a very entertaining kite that is relatively cheap to acquire. Many folks never break them down, instead transporting in a big circular kite bag. They are easy to recognize fliers, go ask for a chance. (You'd have to run it over with an automobile to hurt the darn thing!!!)

Thansk everybody for replay.
I am interested in it , but it's unavailable in Italy.
RevFlyer: where did you buy your vented?

Alberto

#5 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 04:33 AM

from Sedgwick directly, but I have an advantage, as I see him occasionally at festivals.
You just walk up and expose the check-book,... Lee will fill in the amount and you're all set! Instead, you could cover lunch & a few adult beverages, if that's easier for both of you.

Work it baby! When I see something I want, I grab my bride and send her chasing on another
acquisition mission (she runs the family's Treasury). HA! I'm on a strict allowance!

#6 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 04:41 AM

I bet the factory could ship one to Italy direct,
you could make your own vented kite, geeze it would be easy too!

Lee cut triangular patches of venting into the regular sail, kind of like a Hebrew Star shape. I'll try to remember to take a picture and post it for you readers.

The UFO is easy to modify, it's all one level and circular.
Heck you could "cigar-burn" a venting pattern into the sail and it would work fine. There's no huge wind pressure being generated on a kite this size that could spark a tear or structural failure.

#7 alnegri

alnegri
  • Forum Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 05:35 AM

I sent an email directly to Windstar Kite.
Thanks.

Alberto

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users