142 replies to this topic

#41 Choccy

Choccy

Occasion-al Flyer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 11:53 AM

I know not to what you refer. Are you once again suggesting I have misbehaved in your prescence?

No you misbehave with my presents :)
I'll post the piccie to prove it, if you continue to be naughty :lol:
1 of the 47.

#42 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 11:57 AM

No you misbehave with my presents :)

Presents? I have never given you any presents. ;)

Post away - I can explain everything!
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

Knowledge: The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify.

#43 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:18 PM

How many times do I have to discipline you two about off topic chit chat???

Oh no I said 'discipline' ...Sailor will be getting all unnecessary :blue-confused:

#44 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:18 PM

Poetic Justice / what goes around comes around

Heres what im saying,

Last Saturday at our team meeting[Ainsdale beech]and quite early in the morning,8.30am[i was ther a 6am]five smackheads arrived in a Nissan Micra[small car my Grandmother drives over here].They had passed two girls walking down the beech and i herd the scum bags in the car shouting foul language and nasty stuff,filth realy directed at the girls.
The girls i thought looked quite threatened by the scum bags.The other lads i was with hadnt noticed.One of the girls started waveing to me from about 40ft away.I waved back and stroled over asking why they wher so late,BTW, We had never met before,but both realised what was happening.She thanked me and we all chatted with eachother discussing the scum bags.

The scum bags all walked over to us,between our vehicles,past us and streight through our lines and kites.We had 4 sedgewicks pegged out.I asked the lads not to rise to the obvious P... TAKE they had started.I warned the mouthy scum bag to be carefull and not cut his bear feet.He mumbled some abuse and they all wombled off,drunk,stoned,probably both.

The Ladies ,who wher from Essex,up for a pontins 7-s weekend.Stayed a while and watched us .thanked us and left.The scum bags had gone poluteing the sea[swimming].They returned quite full of themselves.we ignored again, some taunts and they soon left.

Bravo to the three guys with me[they bit ther lips].Ive been flying at Ainsdale for some time and intend for it to stay that way.We enjoy a relationship with many people ther[the rangers] on early mornings and i for one am more than willing to have to ignore a scum bag or five,, and save a Lady in distress all in the same hour[medal,medal,medal.Dick Dasterdleys dog].So that we can use the beech ,be respected, and respecfull of it.

THE JUSTICE

About 20 mins after they left.We wher flying,practiceing. I walked/stood on a nice Lacoste Track Top.With a Wallet,20 Cigs and who knows what else in the pockets.

They never returned.We only left much later.With plenty cigs,a track top,and compensation it would seem.

Now thers a moral dilema.......

BRIAN...ps,just incase anyones wondering.Im more than willing to discuss with him why ive smoked all his cigs.Dont think sober he would want to.It would be a very ,very,shoert conversation the third time around :ani_smoke:

#45 Choccy

Choccy

Occasion-al Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:38 PM

Misbehaving my "sticker target" :lol:

PS I never said *you* gave me presents Sailor ;)
1 of the 47.

#46 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:58 PM

The duck had it coming. It had dissed my flying.
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

#47 Choccy

Choccy

Occasion-al Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 01:05 PM

Awww when did Quackers do that ?

maybe he shud have :devil:

Sorry Jonesey for the off topic banter ;)
1 of the 47.

#48 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 01:45 PM

SOMETHIN ELSE TO THINK ABOUT,

First its in no way a pop at anyone individual.We have all made mistakes,ALL OF US.

Only a short while ago,a whole coastline was hit with a kite BAN.The Fylde Coast,near blackpool for those who dont know the coastline.We used the area regular to fly as did hundreds of ,power kiters,buggies,trick kiters and us rev flyers.Basically a FULL KITE BAN was placed until further notice.

The ban was because a guy,hadnt put enough sand on his kite and lines.It took to the air on the wind.Entered a carpark and wraped itself around a Man getting in his car.The bridle went around his neck and the kite was still pulling.The Man had a lucky escape and didnt suffer[luckily]a serious injury.

The ban was lifted after Months of Health and Safety checks, red tape,and negotiation with kite clubs,councils and insurers.

We have as much wright to be ther as anyone on a beech,but sometimes.Just the smallest of things can spoil it for all.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT.

BRIAN...

#49 Jim Foster

Jim Foster

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 03:56 PM

Brian

Is that the same Blackpool where the Ramsbottoms took their young son Albert to the Zoo?
Fly together! Share the joy, Share the fun

#50 brad

brad

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 04:24 PM

something I found for you Quackers on the other side of the pond. :blink:

Attached Thumbnails

• DUCKY.jpg

#51 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 07:33 PM

Brian

Is that the same Blackpool where the Ramsbottoms took their young son Albert to the Zoo?

The one and same.

Lion 'et Albert. Mind, t'lion coughed 'im oop laater like.

I remember my Mum telling me that poem when I was a little boy. I hadn't thought about it in years!
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

#52 Love2fly

Love2fly

All Revved up... where do you want to fly?

• Forum Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:13 PM

Hello all...
I too, use the technique of flying low to both ends of the window to allow people to see where and how the Rev maneuvers. I've been flying SLK's for a few years there and many know me from that alone. The Revs is only a couple months old for me, but I'm there almost everyday. I am eager to share and teach to anyone interested. I let the little ones stand in front of me and fly with me. I then give them a small SLK to keep; which I set up and launch for them... giving a little lesson right there. Everyone is always appreciative. These people never gave me a chance. One second, she loves kites and the next, I'm almost hitting her. I had waited almost an hour before stepping foot onto the beach, waiting for it to clear out some; even though it wasn't that packed. It was almost 4:30 pm when I started to set up. I had asked the people closest if I was bothering them, even though I couldn't hit them from where I was; and it was not at all a problem for them. So, these people just had nothing better to do, I guess. Too bad, if she loves kites, she blew a great opportunity for that late afternoon.
Yes, flying in numbers would probably help.
Do I need to ask the township to get a few of the local flyers to come out my way, or if it's just an impromptu fly, the way I fly, should there be any special permit/permission required? If not, let's plan on Saturday or Sunday June 21 or 22 (whichever is more convenient) and let's own our little section of the beach! If we get there early enough, our territory will be "marked" before anyone else can "pull up a patch" of beach. :kid_smartass:
Thanks for the perspectives. I am always open for learning and meeting halfway to avoid problems like this.

Laura
Laura

*** Any day flying is a good day; have a great one! 
**** REVS: Fly it, you'll like it!
***** L.S.P. ... It's worth the trip!

Posted Image

#53 Love2fly

Love2fly

All Revved up... where do you want to fly?

• Forum Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:18 PM

Well Laura, if the goal is to educate... A couple of ideas for you.

Take some ribbon and make 2-3 little circles in which to land your kite, move from one to the other, taking off and landing.

Put a hook on one wing tip get something you can pick up and move around.

Think classroom, like drawing a picture.

These things are easily done... Maybe not smoothly at first, but definitely within reach.

Also, it's just good practice. ;)

==

Worst case, kill 'em with kindness... Offer to teach 'em how to fly!

(or - play dumb and let 'em show you how much they know - then it'll be clear how much more control you have)

Assuming you've got a spot where there are no cars, logs, or anything hard that your kite might hit, I'll happily replace a spar or two for you if a break happens from a simple crash.

Hi John...
What's the best way and "thingy" :kid_smartass: to use to make a hook? It's a great idea and I definitely want to try it, hone these skills and put a show on for my "fans". ha-ha....
Laura

*** Any day flying is a good day; have a great one! 
**** REVS: Fly it, you'll like it!
***** L.S.P. ... It's worth the trip!

Posted Image

#54 Choccy

Choccy

Occasion-al Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 01:05 AM

I too, use the technique of flying low to both ends of the window to allow people to see where and how the Rev maneuvers.

Hi Laura,
that is always a good idea.... but even some 'good' dual liners have been known to be ignorant to other's
and their own flying space... so what hope have the general public got to understanding the need for space.

We tried this technique at the French kite festival and still the dual liners would push us around :(

I think a lot of folks are gonna be surprised/shocked when they have their eyes truly open when they attend a kite festival for the first or 2nd time.
Most GP are not there to see the kites (half the probem). :(

setup is the most vunerable time.
And there are always some ppl that go along looking for a fight :blink:

Good luck!
1 of the 47.

#55 Fenman

Fenman

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 01:42 AM

And there are always some ppl that go along looking for a fight :blink:
Good luck!

Really ,,I came into Kiting as i thought it was so gentle,and hassel free,
If i wanted to be fighting i would be up town on a sat night,cells sunday morning,court monday morning,big fine same day,naw not for me

#56 Aerochic

Aerochic

Revadelic

• Forum Member
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:37 AM

Really ,,I came into Kiting as i thought it was so gentle,and hassel free,
If i wanted to be fighting i would be up town on a sat night,cells sunday morning,court monday morning,big fine same day,naw not for me

I guess it all depends where you fly. I don't think Love2fly's beach is in a rough neighborhood, but some tourists can be pretty rude. Plus there is alot "tude" in the border between NY & NJ.

Better Living Through Rev Flying...

Rev Themed Ts & Goodies: http://www.zazzle.co...ckarts/clothing
Aerostakes: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeshockArts
Rev Galleries: http://www.revkites....=user&user=1408
Flickr Pics: http://www.flickr.co...s/16896184@N05/

#57 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 08:08 AM

Brian

It sure is Jim.Kiss me quick hats and Blackpool Rock

brian... :blue_wink:

#58 stevepigeon

stevepigeon

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 09:06 AM

Steve and I try to fly in the same spot each time we go out. We usually go to the end of the beach with the least amount of people.

There has been many many times when people have been bothered by our kites, they think that we are hogging the beach, we're going to hit them, someone will get hurt ect ect...

The staff at the beaches knows us, that's a big help. Inviting the public in (kill them with kindness) another help, you feel people out and decided which ones you can mess with and wich ones have no sense of humer at all.

The dive stop scares a lot of people!!! They think that we are going to hit them!! So I personally do not place a dive stop upon anyone!! I approach the public on the beach with gentle non threating movements. I've been on the beach and seen other fliers do a dive stop over someone's head and that person turned around and made some really nasty comments.

The public needs to know that we can control these kites and that we want them to come and play with us. I've spent a lot of time teasing little kids with my Rev and then have the parent come over and say "thanks for wearing him out for me"

I think flying in the same spot is important. It gets the public into the habit of putting themselves in a spot where they are comfortable.
Steve & Sherri

#59 Jim Foster

Jim Foster

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 10:50 AM

It sure is Jim.Kiss me quick hats and Blackpool Rock

brian... :blue_wink:

"With my little stick of Blackpool Rock, along the Promanade I'll stroll"

Ah...brings back sweet memories of the Merseysippy Jazz Band in Liverpool.
Fly together! Share the joy, Share the fun

#60 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 12:35 PM

Brian

Albert, with his horses head handle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users