whoa, it was a Custom Mid-Vent too. :o

#22 John F

John F

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 09:24 PM

I had a woman use foul language and call me a body part just last Thurs because i yelled at her dog who was charging my kite as it was on the ground. She just could not understand how someone could be unnice to her little pooch which I think was a female dog (the dog that is). I have been a dog person earlier in my life and I now am remorseful and apologize for that.

I truly sympathize with you Ant. Lost one kite last year to two dogs but I was lucky and the owner of one of the dogs bought the destroyed kite from for the price of a new one so it all came out well. It blew her mind when saw that this was not a Walmart $10 kite. But she did turn out to be a very nice lady.

I am sure at some point though I will have a bad experience with a dog owner.

I still think the only solution is a huge tax on dogs to pay for enforcement of rules and laws concerning dogs. Probably should also force dog owners to carry a liability insurance policy same as we force a driver to liability on their auto.

Hope you have better luck in the future.

#23 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 09:43 PM

Ant mate, I am sorry, there is just nothing I can say. I know how I would feel if this happened to me.

I hope you manage to get some sort of compensation.

Thinking of you bro.

I now understand the quick one line reply to my pm. Sorry I missed you on Skype.

#24 shiningshannon

shiningshannon
  • Forum Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 10:19 PM

Omg, sorry to hear about that Ant. I hope you'll be able to put another one just as special in your Rev bag and up in the sky soon!

#25 andelscott

andelscott

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 02:10 AM

I hope this case works through well, but had to add an observation to one quote:

I still think the only solution is a huge tax on dogs to pay for enforcement of rules and laws concerning dogs. Probably should also force dog owners to carry a liability insurance policy same as we force a driver to liability on their auto.

Presumably the owner would be liable for a dog bite regardless of whether they were there at the time. As with autos, the problem is the ignorant / arrogant who choose not to insure (despite the law) and fail to control their weapons [that's how some of them drive!]
Andy

#26 RAWVEEDA

RAWVEEDA

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 04:29 AM

I just noticed that Antman REALLY DOES have REVS on the brain. :kid_smartass: Look at the photo from the previous post.

This kind of reminds me of Alfalfa from the Little Rascals.

Attached Thumbnails

• ANT_with_Rev.jpg

Posted Image

#27 Aerochic

Aerochic

Revadelic

• Forum Member
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 05:16 AM

I think it would be kinda cool if you took the surviving wing and had it built into a new Rev. Then it would be like a bionic or phoenix Rev. (Just the artist in me coming out...)

Better Living Through Rev Flying...

Rev Themed Ts & Goodies: http://www.zazzle.co...ckarts/clothing
Aerostakes: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeshockArts
Rev Galleries: http://www.revkites....=user&user=1408
Flickr Pics: http://www.flickr.co...s/16896184@N05/

#28 kellykelly

kellykelly

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 05:50 AM

I think it would be kinda cool if you took the surviving wing and had it built into a new Rev. Then it would be like a bionic or phoenix Rev. (Just the artist in me coming out...)

I'm sorry about your new REV. :ani_wallbash:

I like the bionic REV idea!!

Maybe your could make a min REV?

Kelly

Kiting Tampa Bay Kite Club
If you plan on Coming to the Tampa Bay Area. We would love to Fly with you..

Check out Kiting Tampa Bay Web site!
Learn more about our club, events and Lots of great kite links.

Just Friends Flying Kites 

Kite Mania South - 2014 Treasure Island Beach! 

#29 steveb

steveb

Occasional Poseur

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 09:00 AM

Here is a Benson Box of Tricks belonging to a friend of mine that a German Shepherd vented.
The owner wrote a cheque for it after some persuasion, but it bounced; adding insult to injury.
I fixed it for him:

dogbot.jpg dogbot01.jpg
dogbot02.jpg dogbot03.jpg
dogbot04.jpg dogbot05.jpg dogbot06.jpg bot06.jpg]

Maybe your Rev can live again too. Best of luck!

#30 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:08 AM

Not politically correct I know, and I am sure I about to be flamed, but the legal system will not help you. I am sure any judge worth his/her salt would find a pretty high degree of contributory negligence due to you laying out lines in an area where dogs are walked which an animal would find difficult to see.

You have his details. If you still feel wronged then eye for an eye.
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

Knowledge: The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify.

#31 AdventureAng

AdventureAng

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:49 AM

Antman, I am sooooo sorry. But instead of just being sorry, and giving you my thoughts, I think we should all help you out a bit. I'm going to take a collection of donations in order to help you pay for what was lost (or at least pay for a new one). It'll kind of be our way of thanking you for all of the unheard things you do for all of us kite fliers. Like how you're always there to help untagle a mess (because you really have the most experience), and how you're always willing to share your beach with all of us (which happenes to be the best beach in NJ), and how you always manage to make us laugh (whether it be by acting goofy or by being so drunk you start slurring).

So let's all help Antman out, I know he would do the same if something like this happened to us.

To make a donation, you can send money via PayPal or a check to my house. I'll be collecting everything. For PayPal, please send money to Angela08505@hotmail.com and if you would like to send a check, please message me for my mailing address. Anything else, let me know.
-Angela

P.S. - if it makes it any better, for ever 10 dollars you donate, I'll let you slap an iQuad sticker on my butt. haha ;)
~AdventureAng
Happy flying to everybody. Now get off the computer and get a kite out! hehe

#32 nobodyspecial

nobodyspecial

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:45 AM

Cool Ang, once I drop some cash in the bank I'll donate a couple of bucks, no sticker slapping required. Hey Ant sorry to hear about his, but hey, the family is looking out for you.

#33 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Bazzer P Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 12:10 PM

Put me down for two IQUAD stickers (plus I'll take Danny's since he doesn't want his). :kid_devlish:

Antman, I am sorry to hear about your kite I know you were very excited to get it. Sounds like the dog owner was a real jerk. I wouldn't blame all dog owners because of it though (I've got four and I would have definitely paid up).

See if you can get some help to get the other half of the kite down. Since it was the center panel that was torn I am pretty sure it could be fixed.

-Alden
"Don't go in there!" RC

#34 AdventureAng

AdventureAng

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 02:00 PM

Cool Ang, once I drop some cash in the bank I'll donate a couple of bucks, no sticker slapping required. Hey Ant sorry to hear about his, but hey, the family is looking out for you.

Thanks Danny,
I know Antman will appreciate it.
~AdventureAng

#35 AdventureAng

AdventureAng

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 02:03 PM

Put me down for two IQUAD stickers (plus I'll take Danny's since he doesn't want his). :kid_devlish:

Antman, I am sorry to hear about your kite I know you were very excited to get it. Sounds like the dog owner was a real jerk. I wouldn't blame all dog owners because of it though (I've got four and I would have definitely paid up).

See if you can get some help to get the other half of the kite down. Since it was the center panel that was torn I am pretty sure it could be fixed.

-Alden

Got the donation Alden. Thanks a million. Great to see that us kite fliers can come together and help a man when he's down.
~AdventureAng

#36 AdventureAng

AdventureAng

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 02:26 PM

Thank you for your donation Joe. You're awesome!

We'll have to have a huge Antman fly during this summer (of course we'd all get to fly his replacement baby)...only if it's okay with Ant though.
~AdventureAng

#37 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 02:56 PM

ANG i dont know what to say but a BIG HUG to you for this ..you have no idea what this means to me .. i know we all are hard working people woh have little money to get by .. i really hope that ben can do someting for me build another kite exactly like what i had .. im in tears right now as we speak i need a wipe .. you guys are the best i have ever met.. im so blessed to have a family like all of you .. you are all in my heart.. every one of you.. laura thanks for the pics of me and my new kite that brought me back to life looking at that.. i went flyi ng today at the same spot and the kite was gone off the pole.. i went looking for it but nothing.. thank you all for listening to my story im sure a happy ending will come of this
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#38 quaa714

quaa714

REVular poster

• Forum Member
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 03:18 PM

P.S. - if it makes it any better, for ever 10 dollars you donate, I'll let you slap an iQuad sticker on my butt. haha ;)
[/quote]

Just dontaed for 2 butt cheeks.........I mean stickers....... :blushing:

"Cya in the Sand!....."

"Slack lines are fine lines!"

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" BD
"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain" BM
av-1950.jpg

#39 Aerochic

Aerochic

Revadelic

• Forum Member
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 04:40 PM

That's such an awesome idea Ang!!! Count me in. Will send you an email shortly about this.

Better Living Through Rev Flying...

Rev Themed Ts & Goodies: http://www.zazzle.co...ckarts/clothing
Aerostakes: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeshockArts
Rev Galleries: http://www.revkites....=user&user=1408
Flickr Pics: http://www.flickr.co...s/16896184@N05/

#40 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 04:56 PM

Contemplates buying the kite outright :unsure:
Jim,
Ft. Taber Park & Brenton Point

Rev's are like a carbon framed out-of-body experience

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users