21 replies to this topic

#21 Bazzer

Bazzer

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:50 AM

I wonder how close the lines of fliers could be? In a good breeze I would have thought that spacing on the ground could reflect spacing in the sky. Obviously low groundwork is not immediately practical.... however if a protocol was established of say, landing to the left of the flier in front, then maybe something could be developed.

(Suppose the front line set up a ground sculpture, the next line moved forwards and took up the gaps and then.... <grins>)

I would be interested in seeing images from Grand Haven.

Felix

In Vanier Park Canada in a couple of weeks. Should be able to get 20 together.
I'll see how close we can pack.
Like you said Felix, in a good wind should be able to get it fairly tight. I'm thinking about 15/20ft spacing between lines. All depends on the wind speed and experience.
With experienced team flyer's it could safely be 10/15ft. Unless you have a 7ft giant in front of you!
Bazzer

Eat ...make Revs ....sleep......repeat!
Maker and designer of B Pro, Zen, XTRA VNT and Masterpiece kites.
Are you "Glued To The Blue"
I am.
Come visit me
www.gluedtotheblue.comgallery_170_47_48984.gifgallery_170_47_18974.gifgallery_170_47_3948.gif
http://www.teamiquad.com

#22 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:13 AM

In Vanier Park Canada in a couple of weeks. Should be able to get 20 together.
I'll see how close we can pack.
Like you said Felix, in a good wind should be able to get it fairly tight. I'm thinking about 15/20ft spacing between lines. All depends on the wind speed and experience.
With experienced team flyer's it could safely be 10/15ft. Unless you have a 7ft giant in front of you!
Bazzer

I hope we can get a good number of fliers at Blackheath on 15th June.

I think that the practical experience will be very helpful in respect of Portsmouth/Bristol.

Felix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users