12 replies to this topic

#1 Mike

Mike

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 05:04 PM

The city of Naperville, IL is putting on a kite festival on Saturday, Oct 14 and I think it would be a great time to gather all the Midwest quad fliers together at what is probably the last festival of the season.

It doesn't matter if you haven't been flying long, if you're pretty darn good, or even if you just wanted to try flying a Rev. Warning: once you've tried it you'll never be able to stop!

Beginners can pick up tips from more experienced fliers and the more experienced fliers can organize a mega-fly and we can do some cool group figures.

I have most of the entire Rev line, and a Spirit and some funky quads in my bag that anyone is welcome to fly.

Click here for a google map to the festival:
http://tinyurl.com/pk2o8

As you can see from the map we have a really large area in which to fly, so this should be really cool.

If it's quite a drive for you (as it is for me) you can make reservations with Mariott Courtyard in Naperville. They are supposed to offer a special rate if you say you are there for the kite show.

So who's in?

--Mike Kory

#2 Frodos Majik

Frodos Majik
  • Forum Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 09:16 PM

Yap I'm going to be there. If I'm lucky and the winds are blowing in the rght way, I will be able to try some tip dipping with the pond that is on the grounds. WOO HOO!!

Later
Ken

#3 monkey

monkey

Rev Guru

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 10:57 PM

What a fabulous idea!

Alas, Ill be with John in Lincoln City but, two monkey thumbs up for putting this on

:D
David Hathaway, Revisionist
-~ REVisions
-~ www.simian-studios.ca
-~ www.teamiquad.com
Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis!

#4 clrizz

clrizz
  • Forum Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 04:15 PM

Hey guys, I'd be nuts to miss this one, way too close to home not to go!!  Good chance to meet some new faces, and show off my new kite :D   Looking forward to seeing everyone in a couple of weeks!!!!!!!

#5 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 10:31 PM

Hey Family I sure wish I could be with you but sadly Im just about wore out and need some R&R if I can get it unless Lincoln City calls me up again hmmm rest who needs it Ill get plenty later  8)  hey send pictures Ive got some ideas for them..........Ben 8)

#6 cbabbman

cbabbman
  • Forum Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 11:46 AM

I'm extremely jacked about this... and like Chris, it's in my backyard also. Plus, it will be my first opportunity to actually fly with some other people as I've been flying solo since I started in April...

I can only hope that I don't suck...lol

I also have a new Vented 1.5 coming before the fly..

Let's all hope for good winds...
Posted Image

#7 clrizz

clrizz
  • Forum Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 12:12 PM

sweet!!!  Once you fly the vented 1.5 in a steady wind you'll wonder why you didn't get it sooner.

Now all you need is an SUL, and you'll have all the Rev's you need (yeah right!!!!) :wink:

#8 cbabbman

cbabbman
  • Forum Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 03:40 PM

the bad thing is that it won't be here until Monday... Could have really used it today...

Then again, the wind was absolutely PERFECT for my vented SS...

Man, I love that kite...
Posted Image

#9 cbabbman

cbabbman
  • Forum Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 01:24 PM

Well, my 1.5 Vented showed up today... The winds were pretty good around noon but the UPS guy showed up 2 hrs late and by then, the winds were crap...

New kite syndrome, I guess...

Can't wait to try it out...

Now, I'm taking a vote... how many people here think I should get a SUL?
Posted Image

#10 Mike

Mike

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 06:06 PM

I love my SUL. I was at a festival today and that's all I flew.
Another favorite is the Vented with the SUL rods.
So if you get the SUL you can then combine it with your new vented and get two treats!

#11 clrizz

clrizz
  • Forum Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 08:07 PM

I'd have to agree with Mike, we have too many days around here not to have an SUL in your bag. I was at Montrose also, and the standard Rev would have been way too much work. Get one, you won't be dissapointed!

#12 Frodos Majik

Frodos Majik
  • Forum Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 07:28 PM

Hi Baddman,

I have to second and third what Mike and Chris have said. With the area we fly in, you need all three kinds of revs. The later months and or earlier months you will be using the vented or reg, were as the rest of the season the sul or combo of all the above will be used. Besides having all three styles, there wont be anytime that you will have to sit out because ol' ma nature is not playing fair! :evil: If you know wht I mean, and anybody that flys knows wht I mean!!

Later
Ken

#13 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 05:06 PM

the 1.5 sul is great i true light wind kite thats good for short line flying but do know that it has a spectra bridle and the knots can sometimes slip if you do get this kite keep a close eye on the bridle for the first few flights other then that i love mine great kite
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users